Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, AK_2014 said:

Thanks for asking.

Radio silence, alas.

I really do suspect that our application got printed out as part of the I-751 level, and we're now in line among the printed applications, which is so much slower, as we all know. Or maybe that's ascribing too much logic to the whole USCIS system.

So frustrating that Chicago won't act like most other office and just conduct joint interviews, or at the very least do the N-400 interview but say that no decision can be made until the I-751 is finished, which has happened to some people at some other offices.  She "should" have done the joint interview in early November, had an oath ceremony a month or two after that, and been done with the whole matter!  Plus, they're wasting so many interview slots with their short-sighted policy, which only makes lines longer and longer for everybody... :-/  Rant over.

Hoping we all get through this sooner rather than later. Go Chicago!

I still can't believe they didn't do a joint interview. It makes no sense since most people in this situation have gotten it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Steelers1020 said:

Another May filer was scheduled for an interview on Feb 14th! 

Great! Do you know the exact NOA / any other info? (And I assume this means they found out on the 14th that an interview has been scheduled, not that the interview was scheduled for and took place on the 14th?) Thanks!

On 2/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, AK_2014 said:

Great! Do you know the exact NOA / any other info? (And I assume this means they found out on the 14th that an interview has been scheduled, not that the interview was scheduled for and took place on the 14th?) Thanks!

The person does not have a timeline, NOA 5/19, they received an update on Feb 14th that an interview has been scheduled. No interview date posted yet.

Edited by Steelers1020

Timeline
2 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

The person does not have a timeline, NOA 5/19, they received an update on Feb 14th that an interview has been scheduled. No interview date posted yet.

Thanks! I'm trying to compile Chicago info on paper filers and run interesting but useless (and depressing) statistics.

For example: 

NOA in January: an average of 137 days until interview letter

NOA in February: an average of 168 days until interview letter

NOA in March: an average of 222 days until interview letter

NOA in April: an average of 255 days until interview letter

NOA in May: an average of 276 days until interview letter

And we filed in mid-July (electronically, but potentially converted to paper after I-751 interview).... sigh.

10 hours ago, AK_2014 said:

Thanks! I'm trying to compile Chicago info on paper filers and run interesting but useless (and depressing) statistics.

For example: 

And we filed in mid-July (electronically, but potentially converted to paper after I-751 interview).... sigh.

We filed beginning of July by paper and been in line Since July 31st :( looks like we might have to wait couple more months for my interview

my case history shows 7/11- fingerprint appointment has been mailed (had my fingerprints on July 22nd  i believe) and my most recent history shows that I have been in line since 7/31. that means my biometrics are done right? case history doesn't say that they are done just on top it says that I am in line for an interview. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, agrzybianek said:

We filed beginning of July by paper and been in line Since July 31st :( looks like we might have to wait couple more months for my interview

Would you mind sharing your NOA date? Hopefully the interview will be coming along before too terribly much longer... 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, AK_2014 said:

For example: 

Interesting analysis! Thanks for sharing :)  

I guess folks started applying en masse once the travel ban took place in January 2017. One unintended consequence...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Waitinggame16 said:

@ChicagoN400 did your status change yet or anything

Nopes, nothing yet. Today is holiday for uscis I think, so I hope something moves tomorrow :)

Filed: Timeline

On February 14, 2018, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number NBC*00779****. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Still waiting for the interview letter by mail.

I am an early May 2017 filer.

Edited by nitrous_guy

8 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Can I ask what your NOA date is? 

You should get it this week, I've noticed it's usually a 7-10 day turn around. 

I believe it's 05/10 from the may 2017 thread. 

Congrats @nitrous_guy! I got the notice by mail 4 days after the email notice came. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.