Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, TaRems said:

Hello and thank you 😊. I took with me the last 3 years tax transcripts, daughter’s birth certificate and few other documents showing our current address . Ironically the case officer did not ask for any documents, however when I mentioned the documents I had on me and if it was needed, the case officer opted for our tax transcripts and our daughter’s birth certificate . 

Have you been given a date for your Oath yet?

1 hour ago, chicago1987 said:

Have you been given a date for your Oath yet?

Yes I have. My oath ceremony is next Tuesday. My letter arrived on Saturday. 

Mailed our petition :January 21 2016

Case received : January 26 2016 ( according to USCIS case tracker )

NOA1 receipt dated :January 28 2016

RFE mailed out (via app) : March 24 2016

RFE hard copy arrived : March 28 2016

RFE response sent via priority mail: April 02 2016

RFE response received : April 04 2016

NOA2 approved( via app) : April 14 2016 ????

NOA2 hard copy received : April 18 2016

Case received at NVC / case number received : May 6 2016

Case in transit to embassy : May 12 2016

Case recieved at embassy and ready for interview : May 16 2016

Medical : June 2 2016

Interview scheduled : June 27 2016

I am the beneficiary (UK)

35 minutes ago, cookiebanv said:

Hi chicago filers!

How long did you have to wait from biometrics to interview to oath taking? 
Filed April 26, 2020

Biometrics appt is on Feb.10, 2021 😀

Well I'm probably the wrong person to answer this but

Bio 11/29/19

Interview 03/30/20 (this date is set 1.5 months is advance so you know then) 

Oath usually was scheduled within a month of interview.

Pre covid. The process was extremely fast.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:01 AM, cookiebanv said:

Hi chicago filers!

How long did you have to wait from biometrics to interview to oath taking? 
Filed April 26, 2020

Biometrics appt is on Feb.10, 2021 😀

My biometrics was in February 25th, 2020 and interview was January 25th, 2021 so it took 11 months and now I am waiting for the oath date and letter 

I have filed in January 30th, 2020 with notice date of February 3rd, 2020

Good luck 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, chicago2020 said:

Hello just a quick question did the letter show on the on line account before ? Or you received letter only in the mail ?

Thank you

Normally the status changes from interview scheduled to Oath ceremony scheduled so what is your your status at the moment? Every case is different i know someone who had his interview end of november and was given an approval letter till to this day waiting for interview. His online status says interview scheduled.

1 hour ago, Fahad86 said:

Normally the status changes from interview scheduled to Oath ceremony scheduled so what is your your status at the moment? Every case is different i know someone who had his interview end of november and was given an approval letter till to this day waiting for interview. His online status says interview scheduled.

yes my on line satus says oath ceremony will be scheduled it has been like that one hour right after the interview :) 

2 hours ago, chicago2020 said:

Hello just a quick question did the letter show on the on line account before ? Or you received letter only in the mail ?

Thank you

Immediately after my interview, my case tracker updated to show I was in line to be scheduled for oath . Few days after that.  the letter showed up online and the physical letter arrived on Saturday 23rd January . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, chicago2020 said:

yes my on line satus says oath ceremony will be scheduled it has been like that one hour right after the interview :) 

Good to know that and congratulations!! you are almost done. Does the oath letter doesnt appear in the docs tab like all other letter show up? 

11 hours ago, Fahad86 said:

Good to know that and congratulations!! you are almost done. Does the oath letter doesnt appear in the docs tab like all other letter show up? 

Thank you very happy to be almost done ;) 

I am not sure because I am still waiting on that letter and it is not under docu tabs yet. I believe some other filer mentioned that it will show there once they will set a date and time 

On 1/28/2021 at 9:36 AM, TaRems said:

Immediately after my interview, my case tracker updated to show I was in line to be scheduled for oath . Few days after that.  the letter showed up online and the physical letter arrived on Saturday 23rd January . 

Congrats. When you go for your Oath ceremony this Tuesday, please ask USCIS folks if there are other ceremonies in February (if possible). I have heard about both - weekly and monthly - ceremonies from few other friends. Not sure which one is true these days.

1 minute ago, Chicago1980 said:

Congrats. When you go for your Oath ceremony this Tuesday, please ask USCIS folks if there are other ceremonies in February (if possible). I have heard about both - weekly and monthly - ceremonies from few other friends. Not sure which one is true these days.

Thank you. My oath ceremony will at the court house downtown. I am taking my husband surname hence why. Will look out to ask your question. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hi. Does anybody have a good number to call to check on my case status? I filed on May 25th and have not received any update since besides the receipt. My estimated completion time says March, 2021. I filed on line. I've been a green card holder since 2009. I'm starting to worry a little since a couple of people I know received a biometrics waver and they filed way after me. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.