SJI

Questions regarding K1 visa approval process

4 posts in this topic

HI there,

I am about to send all documents necessary for initial I-129 processing through my attorney. My girl friend is from Mumbai, India which is listed as "high fraud country". Would there be any issue in approval of K1 visa because of that if she gets interviewed in India? She is currently working in Dubai. Which country would consider safe for the visa approval process (India or UAE)?

Another question is regarding family approval on K1 visa. Me and my girl friend both came from conservative Muslim families and they are very homophobic and will never accept our relation. I met my girlfriend secretly 2 times and exchanged rings between us during our first meeting. We will not have any family involvement/approval through out the entire K1 process. What role does family approval play in K1 visa as there are restrictions? We are planning to inform our respective families only after getting married.

My lawyer is aware of both situations and did not show any concern about them. However, we are bit concerned. Any experience/suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks.

She should have the interview in the country she resides, UAE. Some people do fly for an interview to another country, but it can be inconvenient and you also never know when you'll get your passport back (imagine if it takes over a month or she is asked for more evidence). The other option is to do it in India, and she can resign her job by the time your file is sent to the Indian consulate and move to India; she can do the the medical in India, the interview, and when she gets the passport she is ready to move to the U.S.

Doing the visa in one or the other won't give her "a leg up" in the process. 

Family doesn't have to be involved. Nobody cares about that.

If she is legally present in the UAE, she can do her interview there. Not to worry about family either, it's essentially a non-issue.  Good luck!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Are you guys both Indians ?

AUE and Indian embassy are both taugh embassies.

but as long as you proof your relationship is genuine I don't see a problem.

plus I had the same situation as yours because of our families .

but they never asked about if our family approved our relationship or anything.

i had my interview now waiting for the issuance of my visa .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.