647 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2018 at 10:41 AM, D2theani said:

@MansiB I hope you have heard some better news since your last post. We haven't heard anything either (approval date March 23). It really is both exciting and difficult for these final steps to be reunited with the ones we love...

We received instructions from Montreal consulate finally on May 15th. They asked for an updated DS-260, 2 passport photos, medical and police clearance. We mailed everything and it was received by the consulate today. Not sure what the next steps are. If they would call for an interview or ask to mail the passport. Does anyone have any ideas about how long it takes after submitting this paperwork? And if an interview is needed or not?

2 minutes ago, MansiB said:

We received instructions from Montreal consulate finally on May 15th. They asked for an updated DS-260, 2 passport photos, medical and police clearance. We mailed everything and it was received by the consulate today. Not sure what the next steps are. If they would call for an interview or ask to mail the passport. Does anyone have any ideas about how long it takes after submitting this paperwork? And if an interview is needed or not?

Once they are satisfied with all you have sent, it is either they ask you to send your passport in for visa issuance or they call you for an interview which is for you to submit the passport in person. 

You can check the status of your visa application through this link and when is says Ready it means all is ok for you to send or bring your passport in i think because that was what happened in my spouse case.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Just now, Franco007 said:

Once they are satisfied with all you have sent, it is either they ask you to send your passport in for visa issuance or they call you for an interview which is for you to submit the passport in person. 

You can check the status of your visa application through this link and when is says Ready it means all is ok for you to send or bring your passport in i think because that was what happened in my spouse case.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Thanks you so much @Franco007. This means a lot. It has been a stressful ~3 years of waiting for my spouse. I finally see light at the end of the tunnel. My kids are waiting anxiously and so am I. 

Do you remember how long after you submitted the documents, they asked for the passport or interview?

5 minutes ago, MansiB said:

Thanks you so much @Franco007. This means a lot. It has been a stressful ~3 years of waiting for my spouse. I finally see light at the end of the tunnel. My kids are waiting anxiously and so am I. 

Do you remember how long after you submitted the documents, they asked for the passport or interview?

For my spouse case, she didn't send the medical and police reports in. she walked them in herself and then they asked for an updated AOS from me which we sent in next day and they called her exactly a week after to come for her visa but now say they have system issues with printing her visa. That is what we are waiting for now to get fixed so they can print it.

Edited by Franco007

Just now, Franco007 said:

For my spouse case, she didn't send the medical and police reports in. she walked them in herself and then they asked for an updated AOS from which we sent in next day and they called her exactly a week after to come for her visa but now say they have system issues with printing her visa. That is what we are waiting for now to get fixed so they can print it.

Hope her visa is printed soon and she is home with you. Best of luck!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline
On 5/25/2018 at 9:17 AM, BrukStefy said:

I am a little confused why is the service center skipping cases?  I saw september 2017 approval december 2017, april 2017 approvals etc.

Not only that, but today on the I--601 and I-212 processing table they have,  they went back to December  5, 2016 after they were already  on December 21, 2016.....I have no words to describe this, believe me!! So Sad, so frustrating!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.