SarahNRolando

Guatemala Appointment Time?

360 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
23 hours ago, Judy2017 said:

Good morning.

So I just printed my husbands new BC, the updated version with his picture on it. I’m just sharing this in case some of you need this now. It was really easy. Just paid $19 and that’s it!! You have to register first, oh of course have the DPI number. The page you go to www.renap.gob.gt 

then you click on solicitud de certificación vía electrónica, then click on ingresar al portal, under eportal ciudadano, then click menu and click ciudadanos, you then register using the DPI number. Any questions just ask,  maybe someone knows how to pass this info. I know a lot of us were worrying about how to get the new updated version for BC!!

Thank You! 

Timeline
23 hours ago, Judy2017 said:

Good morning.

So I just printed my husbands new BC, the updated version with his picture on it. I’m just sharing this in case some of you need this now. It was really easy. Just paid $19 and that’s it!! You have to register first, oh of course have the DPI number. The page you go to www.renap.gob.gt 

then you click on solicitud de certificación vía electrónica, then click on ingresar al portal, under eportal ciudadano, then click menu and click ciudadanos, you then register using the DPI number. Any questions just ask,  maybe someone knows how to pass this info. I know a lot of us were worrying about how to get the new updated version for BC!!

You dont have to have a seal or anything on it? 

10 minutes ago, HeatherO27 said:

Thank You! 

I also used the email copy from the remap website however I only used it to send copy to NVC as for the actual interview they will require an official copy that you can only get if you or family mebwr goes in person to the remap office in guatemala to obtain it. 

The emailed version we sent sent to NVC after they requested the updated BC. 

Goodluck to the rest of you ladies still in the process. I try to respond on these but I use my phone and I always get spam pop ups when I access visa journey on my phone 😞 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, Judy2017 said:

Good morning.

Thanks for the info. I still don’t have my DPI but I should be getting one soon (I hope)

On 1/4/2018 at 8:36 PM, SarahNRolando said:

Our lawyer didn’t know about it either and she called the NVC. It came up with another one of her Guatemala clients that were processing the same time we were as well. Regarding shots, Don’t worry about getting them here. You will get everything you need down there. My husband took his record of one of the shots and he said they just ignored it. Yes, they should give you a receipt and it should have the DPI number on it. 

Hi! Just wanted to give you guys an update. Guess what? My lawyer never sent  the bc from renap and I got an email from NVC requesting the new one today. It took 3 weeks to get the “checklist” email from the time I sent my ds 260 and affidavit of support so today I’ve decided to no longer work with my lawyer and I’m going to take it from here,  so please I ask you all of you to help me in anyway you can. I called NVC today and was told my case will not be reviewed  again and as soon they get my new bc my case should close within a couple weeks but he also said that it could  take up to 11 weeks but that’s rare. I guess will see. I need help with gathering the documents I’ll need to bring to my interview I have an idea of what they’ll ask but I’d appreciate any suggestions/ tips. Thanks!!

Timeline

Hello all I am asking for all and any help!!! We got our interview date for March 20th and I am freaking out!?!?! 

My husband has not recieved his DpI yet, we went in October of last yr. Will the reciept they gave us work just in case we don’t recieve it before we leave? 

Also all and any advice please do share, I would greatly appreciate it! Prayers!! 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, HeatherO27 said:

Hello all I am asking for all and any help!!! We got our interview date for March 20th and I am freaking out!?!?! 

My husband has not recieved his DpI yet, we went in October of last yr. Will the reciept they gave us work just in case we don’t recieve it before we leave? 

Also all and any advice please do share, I would greatly appreciate it! Prayers!! 

Hi.

Congrats On getting your date! The DPI receipt will absolutely work, just make sure he gets both police certificates that he needs, there are two separate ones. They are easy to get, my husband waited less than 10 minutes for each one and got both on the same day and the locations were like a block away from each other but my husband heard one person get turned down because he only had one of the police certificates so make sure your husband gets both.

Other than that The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to bring lots of pictures, and to use the pictures to answer questions. For example, one of the questions my husband was asked is if I have a big family and instead of saying yes, he showed a picture of my family at a family reunion we had. They asked him if we had a big wedding  and he showed a picture of the wedding. 

I’m not gonna tell you not to be nervous because I literally aged 10 years, was depressed and anxious every day, and went through absolute hell with nerves and anxiety but my husband confirmed what I had heard which was that the only people he saw getting turned down were because they had missing documents. So if you have all the documents you’ll be fine. 

Im here anytime if you have questions 

Timeline
7 hours ago, JessicaMQ said:

Hi.

Congrats On getting your date! The DPI receipt will absolutely work, just make sure he gets both police certificates that he needs, there are two separate ones. They are easy to get, my husband waited less than 10 minutes for each one and got both on the same day and the locations were like a block away from each other but my husband heard one person get turned down because he only had one of the police certificates so make sure your husband gets both.

Other than that The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to bring lots of pictures, and to use the pictures to answer questions. For example, one of the questions my husband was asked is if I have a big family and instead of saying yes, he showed a picture of my family at a family reunion we had. They asked him if we had a big wedding  and he showed a picture of the wedding. 

I’m not gonna tell you not to be nervous because I literally aged 10 years, was depressed and anxious every day, and went through absolute hell with nerves and anxiety but my husband confirmed what I had heard which was that the only people he saw getting turned down were because they had missing documents. So if you have all the documents you’ll be fine. 

Im here anytime if you have questions 

Thank you so much! I definitely understand all the anxiety and stress! Did you travel with your husband? I am stressed as far as I have no clue how to go about finding a hotel and so for. Are all the places he needs to go like to get police records and etc. all around the same area? How do we know where to go to get those things? Also we need to get an updated renap once we are there. 

Sorry I have never traveled this far and NEVER been on a plane as well as my husband! 

Thank you for your help and kind words. People really don’t understand how this process is, it is beyond the hardest thing in life thus far! 

3 minutes ago, HeatherO27 said:

Thank you so much! I definitely understand all the anxiety and stress! Did you travel with your husband? I am stressed as far as I have no clue how to go about finding a hotel and so for. Are all the places he needs to go like to get police records and etc. all around the same area? How do we know where to go to get those things? Also we need to get an updated renap once we are there. 

Sorry I have never traveled this far and NEVER been on a plane as well as my husband! 

Thank you for your help and kind words. People really don’t understand how this process is, it is beyond the hardest thing in life thus far! 

I did go with my husband.  As far as I’ve heard so far visa journey, most wives do not go with their husbands to Guatemala. I felt like I had to go, because anxiety wise I would go absolutely crazy worrying and wondering where he was if I was in America, but in some ways I wish I hadn’t gone for two reasons. The first is that my stress definitely negatively impacted him and made him a lot more stressed than he would’ve been if I wasn’t there. I basically had to fake it for the last week and act like I wasn’t stressed so he would do well on the interview but it was hard. The second reason is because I  do not mean to insult Guatemala, I love my husbands family very much, but the country itself is very rough. I thought I was mentally prepared because I teach in a very rough neighborhood, but it is nothing compared to Guatemala. The conditions over there are like a Third World country and I had a lot of mental breakdowns over there just from having a hard time adapting to the conditions. But if you have your heart set on going,  then go but just try to mentally prepare yourself before you get there. In terms of a hotel, we stayed at the holiday inn in Guatemala City. It was very reasonably price and had everything we needed and more. For 22 days, it came out to about $2000. The reason we stayed there versus my husband’s family‘s house was a, because my mother-in-law has roosters that #######-a-doodle-doo all night long and I could not sleep and be because we wanted to be within walking distance of the embassy and of the place where he had to get his physical because I didn’t want to have to worry about being late because  The traffic in Guatemala is so bad that to go somewhere that normally takes 10 minutes could easily take three hours, and I’m not exaggerating. 

In terms of renap and the police certificates, you will need a car to get to those places. They’re very accessible I’m not sure exactly where they are but if your husband has any family in Guatemala I’m sure they will know, if not just tell him to ask someone over there and they will direct him to the right places. Let me know if you have any other questions at all. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JessicaMQ said:

I did go with my husband.  As far as I’ve heard so far visa journey, most wives do not go with their husbands to Guatemala. I felt like I had to go, because anxiety wise I would go absolutely crazy worrying and wondering where he was if I was in America, but in some ways I wish I hadn’t gone for two reasons. The first is that my stress definitely negatively impacted him and made him a lot more stressed than he would’ve been if I wasn’t there. I basically had to fake it for the last week and act like I wasn’t stressed so he would do well on the interview but it was hard. The second reason is because I  do not mean to insult Guatemala, I love my husbands family very much, but the country itself is very rough. I thought I was mentally prepared because I teach in a very rough neighborhood, but it is nothing compared to Guatemala. The conditions over there are like a Third World country and I had a lot of mental breakdowns over there just from having a hard time adapting to the conditions. But if you have your heart set on going,  then go but just try to mentally prepare yourself before you get there. In terms of a hotel, we stayed at the holiday inn in Guatemala City. It was very reasonably price and had everything we needed and more. For 22 days, it came out to about $2000. The reason we stayed there versus my husband’s family‘s house was a, because my mother-in-law has roosters that #######-a-doodle-doo all night long and I could not sleep and be because we wanted to be within walking distance of the embassy and of the place where he had to get his physical because I didn’t want to have to worry about being late because  The traffic in Guatemala is so bad that to go somewhere that normally takes 10 minutes could easily take three hours, and I’m not exaggerating. 

In terms of renap and the police certificates, you will need a car to get to those places. They’re very accessible I’m not sure exactly where they are but if your husband has any family in Guatemala I’m sure they will know, if not just tell him to ask someone over there and they will direct him to the right places. Let me know if you have any other questions at all. 

We will not be staying with his family because they are in san marcos which he said isn’t close to the city at all. My husband needs me to go because he would be lost there all alone and I would totally worry about it is I weren’t there. I handle everything in my household lol plus we intend on his mother and father coming to visit in the city because he will be soo close and hasn’t seen them in 13 yrs. They are pretty old and haven’t met out children. My two youngest children also have to go with us and it worries me that you said its ruff! I was planning on staying in  the hotel most of the time with the girls. 

Did you plan to stay 22 days or thats how long you had to stay to get everything? 

8 days is what we were planning. 

Our attorney we used isnt the greatest and todt he told me he cant meet with us until march 9th. We plan to leave march 14th. He got mad because he told me not to schedule my husbands med exam until then but my hubby is going to call tomorrow and get it scheduled! Also, how long did it take to get the visa after he got approved? 

9 minutes ago, HeatherO27 said:

We will not be staying with his family because they are in san marcos which he said isn’t close to the city at all. My husband needs me to go because he would be lost there all alone and I would totally worry about it is I weren’t there. I handle everything in my household lol plus we intend on his mother and father coming to visit in the city because he will be soo close and hasn’t seen them in 13 yrs. They are pretty old and haven’t met out children. My two youngest children also have to go with us and it worries me that you said its ruff! I was planning on staying in  the hotel most of the time with the girls. 

Did you plan to stay 22 days or thats how long you had to stay to get everything? 

8 days is what we were planning. 

Our attorney we used isnt the greatest and todt he told me he cant meet with us until march 9th. We plan to leave march 14th. He got mad because he told me not to schedule my husbands med exam until then but my hubby is going to call tomorrow and get it scheduled! Also, how long did it take to get the visa after he got approved? 

Yes staying in the hotel with the girls is definitely the best idea. Although there are a lot of stores and restaurants and places right in the neighborhood of the hotel, it’s not really safe to go there with them even during the day.  I couldn’t even go out to get something to eat by myself because it was too dangerous so I had to either order delivery or room service. It’s hard to say about the 8 days, we got there two weeks early because that’s what we were told by our lawyer just in case something from the medical exam goes wrong, but we ended up getting everything we needed to get done in two days and then we had 12 days of just waiting until the interview, so in a way I wish we hadn’t done that early but the interview date took so Long as you know that I figured I’d rather be there waiting then have something go wrong before our interview date. My husband’s interview was on Wednesday, and we got the visa on Friday so it was super quick after that so you really won’t need to be there much time at all after the interview but in my opinion you should leave yourself a week and a half before.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, JessicaMQ said:

Yes staying in the hotel with the girls is definitely the best idea. Although there are a lot of stores and restaurants and places right in the neighborhood of the hotel, it’s not really safe to go there with them even during the day.  I couldn’t even go out to get something to eat by myself because it was too dangerous so I had to either order delivery or room service. It’s hard to say about the 8 days, we got there two weeks early because that’s what we were told by our lawyer just in case something from the medical exam goes wrong, but we ended up getting everything we needed to get done in two days and then we had 12 days of just waiting until the interview, so in a way I wish we hadn’t done that early but the interview date took so Long as you know that I figured I’d rather be there waiting then have something go wrong before our interview date. My husband’s interview was on Wednesday, and we got the visa on Friday so it was super quick after that so you really won’t need to be there much time at all after the interview but in my opinion you should leave yourself a week and a half before.

Thank You soo much for your advice! :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, JessicaMQ said:

ok sorry to bother you but he just called to make his medical exam appointment and the receptionist told him he doesn't need his police certificates?? now I'm totally confused?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.