SarahNRolando

Guatemala Appointment Time?

360 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HeatherO27 said:

My hubby was approved!!!!!!!! 

So happy for you!!!!! Congrats!! The hard part is over!

hello everyone! and congratulations to who done with this stress process, my case close February 09/2018, and still I don't have date for the interview, I am calling every day, I say myself don't do that, but I cant. Do you guys think is ok if I keep calling ?

thanks and God Bless every body

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hello, did anyone that got their passport in 2 days have a status update the day after? On traveldocs my husbands passport says no update available but on ceac it says issued? Is it possible we will be able to pick it up tomorrow? 

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hello all, we are finally done with the process!! We were out exploring and stopped by the cargo office and his visa was already there so we got it today and fly back tomorrow to the states! It was such a stressful experience and I’m soo relieved we can finally live our lives :) We will definitely keep everyone that is going through the process in our thoughts and prayers! We loved Guatemala but are soo ready to go back home! Good luck to all

18 hours ago, HeatherO27 said:

Hello all, we are finally done with the process!! We were out exploring and stopped by the cargo office and his visa was already there so we got it today and fly back tomorrow to the states! It was such a stressful experience and I’m soo relieved we can finally live our lives :) We will definitely keep everyone that is going through the process in our thoughts and prayers! We loved Guatemala but are soo ready to go back home! Good luck to all

Congrats!!!! SO happy for you and your family! It is such a relief! Safe travels!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I called NVC yesterday morning and was happy to hear CC 04/20/18 Now just waiting for interview date 🤗

Sent documents 04/04/18

NVC Received Doc. 04/10/18

CC. 04/20/18 

Hello, to everyone here, I have some questions?

My husband just received his interview date to Guatemala, it will be in June 4, Im wondering when he supposed to go?? Two weeks before from the interview date?? Please someone help us!!!

And when is that i have to make the doctor/medical appt in Guatemala???

If somebody can help me, what others papers he need??

Thanks and God bless you all😇

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Hello, to everyone here, I have some questions?

My husband just received his interview date to Guatemala, it will be in June 4, Im wondering when he supposed to go?? Two weeks before from the interview date?? Please someone help us!!!

And when is that i have to make the doctor/medical appt in Guatemala???

If somebody can help me, what others papers he need??

Thanks and God bless you all😇

Hi

Yay congrats!!!

You should definitely go 10-14 days before, most likely you wil get everything you need done in 1-2 days but better to play it safe. 

You make the medical appointment before you get there, and register for cargo express before you get there too. Your lawyer should help you with this.

once you are there you’ll need to do the medical and get the police certificates... make sure he gets the 2 types of police certificates I don’t remember what they’re called but anyone getting them will know.

Aside from that bring all the stuff they mention on the checklist that is attached to the appointment letter, especially pictures of you with other ppl.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 11:24 AM, JessicaMQ said:

Hi

Yay congrats!!!

You should definitely go 10-14 days before, most likely you wil get everything you need done in 1-2 days but better to play it safe. 

You make the medical appointment before you get there, and register for cargo express before you get there too. Your lawyer should help you with this.

once you are there you’ll need to do the medical and get the police certificates... make sure he gets the 2 types of police certificates I don’t remember what they’re called but anyone getting them will know.

Aside from that bring all the stuff they mention on the checklist that is attached to the appointment letter, especially pictures of you with other ppl.

Hello, sorry that now i reply to your message, there is a lot of things going on!! 

But I do really want to thank you for you quick response to me, my husband still here we haven't do anything, since I was away from home with some family loss situation, and now I came back with all this things, to be prepared and everything, Im not sure when he supposed to go, I not sure how to start everything or where to start, I need help, a lot of help, I feel lost in this situation!! Im sorry, can anyone help me?? Please!! 

Thank you so much and thanks so much who can help me to start this process!! 

God Bless!!! 

5 hours ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Hello, sorry that now i reply to your message, there is a lot of things going on!! 

But I do really want to thank you for you quick response to me, my husband still here we haven't do anything, since I was away from home with some family loss situation, and now I came back with all this things, to be prepared and everything, Im not sure when he supposed to go, I not sure how to start everything or where to start, I need help, a lot of help, I feel lost in this situation!! Im sorry, can anyone help me?? Please!! 

Thank you so much and thanks so much who can help me to start this process!! 

God Bless!!! 

What do you need help with specifically? Are you working with a lawyer?

19 hours ago, JessicaMQ said:

What do you need help with specifically? Are you working with a lawyer?

Hello, 

Yes we do have a lawyer but he told us that this is his first time working with Guatemala visas etc... 

So we were yesterday with him, and he didnt know how to register for cargo express, we did it but im not 100% sure because I had never done this before..  I would like to know when I have to make the medical appt, what we need to make this appt and what kind of paper/documents he really need to show a real relashionship (pictures, bills???) What other things, and he needs to get the police record again or the criminal again??? Lawyer said no! 

But I've seen before that he need it from here, US and from Guatemala also?

I have a lot to do, I dont even know where to start😟😟😟

Thanks in advance ...

God bless!

4 minutes ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Hello, 

Yes we do have a lawyer but he told us that this is his first time working with Guatemala visas etc... 

So we were yesterday with him, and he didnt know how to register for cargo express, we did it but im not 100% sure because I had never done this before..  I would like to know when I have to make the medical appt, what we need to make this appt and what kind of paper/documents he really need to show a real relashionship (pictures, bills???) What other things, and he needs to get the police record again or the criminal again??? Lawyer said no! 

Thanks in advance ...

God bless!

Just now, Jesusiscoming27 said:
4 minutes ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Hello, 

Thanks in advance ...

God bless!

1 hour ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Is there a way you can consult with another lawyer? I’d want one with experience, that’s concerning that he has none.

The medical appointment you make over phone. They suggest making it for 10 days before his appointment in case there are any issues.

Find a way to make sure you registered for cargo express, this is a must, and print multiple copies of registration.

For relationship proof, bring as much as possible. They should have given you a sheet with what to bring with the appointment letter. I personally brought everything on that sheet, and more.

For the police certificates, you should have already submitted your US ones in order to get this far. Once he gets to Guatemala there are TWO different police certificates he needs to get.

Lmk if you have any more questions 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.