SarahNRolando

Guatemala Appointment Time?

360 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
1 hour ago, SarahNRolando said:

Super exciting!!! Will be praying for a smooth interview! Looking forward to hearing the good news! My husband’s visa was ready in less than   48 hours so that is always a positive 😊

Thank you soo much I hope his is ready also fast! 

Hello to everyone, One question, my lawyer sent the last papers to the visa center about 2 weeks ago, now we are waiting for the appointment to Guatemala when they will send the appointment, how long is the wait to received the appointment letter?? I need help!! What documents or the list of documents that he will need to show them in there in the embassy?  

Thanks in advance

God bless you all 😄

4 hours ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Hello to everyone, One question, my lawyer sent the last papers to the visa center about 2 weeks ago, now we are waiting for the appointment to Guatemala when they will send the appointment, how long is the wait to received the appointment letter?? I need help!! What documents or the list of documents that he will need to show them in there in the embassy?  

Thanks in advance

God bless you all 😄

Hi! Just wanting to clarify, have you gotten a case complete notification from NVC? Our case took 11 weeks there, and then they rejected it due to the new birth certificate format. Once we resent the new birth certificate it took an additional 5 weeks for review. We submitted all paperwork to NVC in February 2017, got a case complete in July 2017, appointment assigned the first week in August 2017 for September 11, 2017. We did ours through mail processing as that is how we originally started our case.

We waited about a week or so to get an appointment after we got the notification email. However there have been some on here who have been waiting quite awhile. Hopefully you will get yours soon. I don’t know what the reason has been for the delay between the case complete and the appointment assignment.

19 hours ago, SarahNRolando said:

Hi! Just wanting to clarify, have you gotten a case complete notification from NVC? Our case took 11 weeks there, and then they rejected it due to the new birth certificate format. Once we resent the new birth certificate it took an additional 5 weeks for review. We submitted all paperwork to NVC in February 2017, got a case complete in July 2017, appointment assigned the first week in August 2017 for September 11, 2017. We did ours through mail processing as that is how we originally started our case.

We waited about a week or so to get an appointment after we got the notification email. However there have been some on here who have been waiting quite awhile. Hopefully you will get yours soon. I don’t know what the reason has been for the delay between the case complete and the appointment assignment.

Hello, 

To be honest, im not sure at what point exactly we are, but I know i asked the lawyer when we went to sign some papers and he said that now we going to be waiting for his appointment letter, I remember while ago, that lawyer received a paper asking him for more info about me, like family history and my husband as well, and we give him everything and then we went like 2 weeks ago to his office to sign couple of papers and he said that was it.. Now we are waiting for the appointment letter!! 

Sorry i dont have that much info, this is have me nervous and i dont even know anything!! 

But thank you so much for your help, God Bless you😃

Timeline

I need advice on what time my husband should arrive at the embassy and how long the whole thing took? Thank you 😊 it’s nerve racking waiting here until Tuesday for his interview 

25 minutes ago, HeatherO27 said:

I need advice on what time my husband should arrive at the embassy and how long the whole thing took? Thank you 😊 it’s nerve racking waiting here until Tuesday for his interview 

I’ve heard that people arrive there about 2-3 hours early because you have to get in line or something. I know a relative that will be there around 10am on Tuesday because their appt is at 1pm. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hi, December 6th husband had his biometrics done and February 28th we received a courtesy letter saying he's i601a is approved but when I check online they haven't updated, it's still says we're in biometrics step and we have not received original letter yet. 😊 our lawyer had us do the ds260 twice already the first one expired and we repaid apprx. 4 months ago. Anyone on here knows what is the next step please we are very nervous and excited thanks in advance 

Edited by JAnabella

6 hours ago, JAnabella said:

Hi, December 6th husband had his biometrics done and February 28th we received a courtesy letter saying he's i601a is approved but when I check online they haven't updated, it's still says we're in biometrics step and we have not received original letter yet. 😊 our lawyer had us do the ds260 twice already the first one expired and we repaid apprx. 4 months ago. Anyone on here knows what is the next step please we are very nervous and excited thanks in advance 

Hi there!  Once the DS 260 is reviewed and all documents are reviewed and approvdd then they will send you a case complete letter. After that will be your appointment letter and your appointment!! You’re in the final

stretch! Prayers for a fast process!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
11 hours ago, SarahNRolando said:

Hi there!  Once the DS 260 is reviewed and all documents are reviewed and approvdd then they will send you a case complete letter. After that will be your appointment letter and your appointment!! You’re in the final

stretch! Prayers for a fast process!

Thank you so much for your answer! The 2nd time we repaid like 4 months ago do you know how long it takes to receive that cc letter?

1 hour ago, JAnabella said:

Thank you so much for your answer! The 2nd time we repaid like 4 months ago do you know how long it takes to receive that cc letter?

Ours took 11 weeks for the first one, then we had to resubmit his birth certificate in the new format. After that we waited an additional 5 weeks, so 16 weeks total. They were very backed up when we filed.

Timeline

I’m sorry all to be a pest but can someone that has already had their interview please tell me what all they had to take to their interview? My husband is freaking out looking up stuff and telling me he needs things that he doesnt! He is stressing me out lol! Also will he have to pay a fee for his green card while there tomorrow? If its easier to text my number is (614) 947-9837 my name is Heather 

Filed: Other Timeline
55 minutes ago, HeatherO27 said:

I’m sorry all to be a pest but can someone that has already had their interview please tell me what all they had to take to their interview? My husband is freaking out looking up stuff and telling me he needs things that he doesnt! He is stressing me out lol! Also will he have to pay a fee for his green card while there tomorrow? If its easier to text my number is (614) 947-9837 my name is Heather 

My husband needed his birth certificate, marriage certificate, police records, medical record and lots of pictures to prove our relationship. We had a huge binder based off of the list they sent with the appointment letter.

you can pay the green card fee later.

goid luck!!!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JessicaMQ said:

My husband needed his birth certificate, marriage certificate, police records, medical record and lots of pictures to prove our relationship. We had a huge binder based off of the list they sent with the appointment letter.

you can pay the green card fee later.

goid luck!!!

We definitely have all that! Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.