SarahNRolando

Guatemala Appointment Time?

360 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JolYnn said:

Hello,

After the waiver is approved you will need to pay fees and start your DS260, Basicly you will gather everything that you sent in the first time to USCIS and send it to NVC. Once the NVC recieves your paperwork you will get a number starting with GTM for Guatemala following a ten digit number. Your paper work at nvc should take between 8-maximum 11 weeks when they finish reviewing everything hopefully it will get approved, and you will be waiting for an interview.

The new Birth Certificate is the RENAP, They will not approve your paperwork without the new birth certificate. Since your husband is here he can ask a family member to request it for him in Guatemala and have them mail it to the U.S.

Dont worry everytging will be fine, God bless and good luck

Hello, thanks so much for you answer,  I dont know what is the DS 260... :/ and yes he have his brother but he told us that he dont know if there been any change on Renap about that, so we told him to go tomorrow and do the favor for us. Lets see what else we need because i dont know too much but thank you so much😃

God bless you too...

I have a question, the new birth certificate have to be original or how is that? They will give it the same day or need to wait another day? How is it? And is only in the capital where you have to get it, or it can be any Renap in Guatemala?? 

Thanks a lot, God Bless😊

On 12/5/2017 at 6:13 PM, JolYnn said:

Hello,

After the waiver is approved you will need to pay fees and start your DS260, Basicly you will gather everything that you sent in the first time to USCIS and send it to NVC. Once the NVC recieves your paperwork you will get a number starting with GTM for Guatemala following a ten digit number. Your paper work at nvc should take between 8-maximum 11 weeks when they finish reviewing everything hopefully it will get approved, and you will be waiting for an interview.

The new Birth Certificate is the RENAP, They will not approve your paperwork without the new birth certificate. Since your husband is here he can ask a family member to request it for him in Guatemala and have them mail it to the U.S.

Dont worry everytging will be fine, God bless and good luck

Hello, thanks so much for you answer,  I dont know what is the DS 260... :/ and yes he have his brother but he told us that he dont know if there been any change on Renap about that, so we told him to go tomorrow and do the favor for us. Lets see what else we need because i dont know too much but thank you so much😃

God bless you too...

Hello everyone. So i am sooo anxious. we have been in process since 2014. I am a US citizen petition for my husband. We recieved a letter from NVC september 26 that they have recieved all documents and to wait for appointment time. Its now December and no luck yet. How long did it take for you guys to recieve Appointmsnt date after the letter that all documents recieved. I am soo nervous for my husband.

1 hour ago, Yesenia1215 said:

Hello everyone. So i am sooo anxious. we have been in process since 2014. I am a US citizen petition for my husband. We recieved a letter from NVC september 26 that they have recieved all documents and to wait for appointment time. Its now December and no luck yet. How long did it take for you guys to recieve Appointmsnt date after the letter that all documents recieved. I am soo nervous for my husband.

Hello! My husband got a case closed at the end of July And received his appointment a week later for September 11th. However, from what I have seen on here lately, it seems they are behind in scheduling or backed up. Praying you get an appointment soon! 

4 hours ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

I have a question, the new birth certificate have to be original or how is that? They will give it the same day or need to wait another day? How is it? And is only in the capital where you have to get it, or it can be any Renap in Guatemala?? 

Thanks a lot, God Bless😊

God bless you too...

From what I understand it has to be a copy of the  original that is sent to NVC.  You will need the original at his interview.  We had my brother-in-law get two original copies and send them to us. You can get them at any RENAP office. 

3 hours ago, Yesenia1215 said:

Hello. My husband and I had our case closed on Sept.25th and we are still waiting for an interview date. There are a couple others waiting from Sept.20th etc but just yesterday there was a person who got an interview date for Jan 22 and her CC was the 27th of September. So hopefully we will all get something soon.

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
10 hours ago, Yesenia1215 said:

Hey my cc is same as yours sept 26, I am still waiting 2 months now, and there are quite a few of us waiting, Guatemala and Honduras seem to be backed up, Mexico was backed up but has since caught up scheduling.

Timeline
8 hours ago, SarahNRolando said:

From what I understand it has to be a copy of the  original that is sent to NVC.  You will need the original at his interview.  We had my brother-in-law get two original copies and send them to us. You can get them at any RENAP office. 

Google case closed to interview 2018 theres a bunch of people in that thread from visa journey waiting for interviews

Timeline
On 12/5/2017 at 11:27 PM, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Hello, well actually we dont know that much about this process, we do have an attorney, but he is not that open with us, probably because we dont speak that much english, I guess??!! But we been trying a lot with him, he is taking too much time to send documents, and we dont even know if is by email or regular mail :( ... But my husband and I thinking to have another a new attorney, because he is giving us a lot of hard time, and headache... And Im just searching everywhere in Google trying to find answer about all this process... Its too much stress!!! :( What I know is the waiver is approved, we receive a notice by the end of october, then, in that week we gave him all the paper he ask for it and we have the person for the affidavit and after that we havent have any news yet, actually he have all the affidavit docs and he dont have anything ready yet, we havent sign anything neither the affidavit person. I did call him 2 days ago and he just said that if is not an emergency why I call him, and I was surprise for the answer he gave me, and he said he have severe case but he will find out where my case was because he knews it was around the desk. But he never call back.. so this is having me sad and I dont know what we can do since we live in this state where we dont know many people who can help us.. :(

thats ubsurd, si ustedes lo pagaron y lo contractaron con su caso el tiene la respobsabilidad en dar te respuestas para sus preguntas, y es absurdo que no sabia donde estaba su caso. no importa que usted no hablas ingles a 100% el te tiene que tener consideracion y respeto, si se puede y ustedes no an investado mucho dinero en este abogado cambea de representacion. Ustedes nessesitan algien con quien tienen confiansa, y con quien te puede explicar todo el processo.

DS260 es u formulario para registrar su caso con NVC para empiesar el processo para intervista. Si el se apura ellos toman 11 semanas en approvar todo los papeles.

mucha suerte dios los acompanien

1 hour ago, JolYnn said:

thats ubsurd, si ustedes lo pagaron y lo contractaron con su caso el tiene la respobsabilidad en dar te respuestas para sus preguntas, y es absurdo que no sabia donde estaba su caso. no importa que usted no hablas ingles a 100% el te tiene que tener consideracion y respeto, si se puede y ustedes no an investado mucho dinero en este abogado cambea de representacion. Ustedes nessesitan algien con quien tienen confiansa, y con quien te puede explicar todo el processo.

DS260 es u formulario para registrar su caso con NVC para empiesar el processo para intervista. Si el se apura ellos toman 11 semanas en approvar todo los papeles.

mucha suerte dios los acompanien

Gracias por contestar, pues hasta ahora no sabemos nada ni del caso ni del abogado, estamos muy desesperado con esta situacion, yo no entiendo nada de esto, mi esposo esta preocupado porq es q dice mientras mas se tarde esto mas riesgo esta el, la policia lo agarro sin licensia en Marzo 2017y estuvo preso y pues no queremos seguir asi, y el abogado nada!! Ahora estamos esperando al hermano de mi esposo q pueda conseguir el certificado de nacimiento en la capital por q el departamento de donde es mi esposo solo dan copias no originales, y el abogado ni eso nos ha comentado, estamos perdido con todo este proceso, solo me la he pasado llorando desesperada porq tengo miedo tenemos 4 hijos 2 son bebes y es dificil para mi toda esta situacion... Le doy gracias a ustedes por contestar... 

Confio en Dios q hara su voluntad!! 

Dios les bendiga!!

10 hours ago, SarahNRolando said:

Thanks for your answer, but Im a lil confuse, you said copy of the original, to send the package??? and then in the appt have to be the originals????

Fro where my husband is in Guatemala that Renap in that department they dont do originals thats what my brother- in -law said, he said renap told him to go to the central which is in the Capital of Guatemala where they will give the originals one... Not copy but original... So now we are waiting to see when he can go to there and get it since is so far from where they live!! Im so frustrated!!!! But im trying to relax myself and ask God to sthrengh me with this process... 

Thank you so much

God Bless you :)

10 minutes ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Gracias por contestar, pues hasta ahora no sabemos nada ni del caso ni del abogado, estamos muy desesperado con esta situacion, yo no entiendo nada de esto, mi esposo esta preocupado porq es q dice mientras mas se tarde esto mas riesgo esta el, la policia lo agarro sin licensia en Marzo 2017y estuvo preso y pues no queremos seguir asi, y el abogado nada!! Ahora estamos esperando al hermano de mi esposo q pueda conseguir el certificado de nacimiento en la capital por q el departamento de donde es mi esposo solo dan copias no originales, y el abogado ni eso nos ha comentado, estamos perdido con todo este proceso, solo me la he pasado llorando desesperada porq tengo miedo tenemos 4 hijos 2 son bebes y es dificil para mi toda esta situacion... Le doy gracias a ustedes por contestar... 

Dios les bendiga!!

Solo hemos pagado como la mitad osea ya no hemos vuelto apagar desde el 2015 y le hemos preguntado y no nada no teniamos q pgarles hasta ya luego... Espero en Dios esto se resuelva.. gracias otra vez:)

45 minutes ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Thanks for your answer, but Im a lil confuse, you said copy of the original, to send the package??? and then in the appt have to be the originals????

Fro where my husband is in Guatemala that Renap in that department they dont do originals thats what my brother- in -law said, he said renap told him to go to the central which is in the Capital of Guatemala where they will give the originals one... Not copy but original... So now we are waiting to see when he can go to there and get it since is so far from where they live!! Im so frustrated!!!! But im trying to relax myself and ask God to sthrengh me with this process... 

Thank you so much

God Bless you :)

My husband is also not from the city. He is from San Felipe, Retalhuleu, about 3 hours away. His brother went to the local Renap office and they issued him a certified copy. It was in black

and white and had a blue stamp on it. We sent this to the NVC and they accepted it. When he went to the capital for his interview, he got another certified copy, just in case and had no issues. He got it the same day without any problems. I hope this explains it better. Praying this process will quickly be completed!

Filed: Other Timeline
13 hours ago, Yesenia1215 said:

Hi. I’m so sorry it’s taking so long and trust me I get it. For me, nothing anyone said gave me comfort, I just needed to know the final result, but try to tell yourself it’s going to be ok. From what I’ve heard and saw, ppl only get refused for missing documents. When he does get the appointment date, make sure he gets BOTH police certificates, there’s 2 he has to get from 2 different places. No one told us that thank god my hubby’s brother knew. Aside from that bring as many pics as possible to interview. When my husband was asked questions like “how big is her family” he was like oh well I actually have a picture of her family. It helped. It’s so horrible that we have to prove our relationships.

good luck praying for a date soon!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jesusiscoming27 said:

Dios les bendiga!!

Usted Tranquila si ya te dieron el waiver que le pararon la policia sin licensia no es nada grave crea me. Eso es un offensa de traffico nadamas. yo te entiendo nos otros tambien tenemos hijos y este processo confunde a uno, y te vuelve locos. para aora tome todo paso a paso y vas a ver que todo va a salir bien para ustedes. 

Igual paso con nosotros con el RENAP es algo que se tiene que obtener en el capital, y que su cuñado te lo manda, sigue preguntando el abogado aunque el se molesta ustedes tiene todo el razon y derecho. si el todavia no quiere ayudar, intenta buscar otro abogado que de mi experencia algunas abusan su autoridad, y se pasan con sus clientes. Uno tiene que estar en sima de ellos, no importa si el se molesta. Si quieres busca por internet el processo para que ustedes pueden entender mejor eso es lo que isimos mi esposo y yo, mil veses a leido el uscis website y el nvc website, otros para enetender todo el processo.

God bless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.