Abdullah T

My situation at NVC

24 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

You are almost finished!!!!  Not much longer now ! 😎

Thank you for your reply, what does priority date means? and i didn't receive my appointment letter till now

2 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Remember that this ia a generic letter sent from the NVC at this time of the process, to all those who are having interviews at the Consulate.

PD is your PRIORITY DATE, which specifies your palce in the queue. It is the date on your Noa 1.. when they received your I130

Because you are in an Immerdiate Relative category, there is no waiting list.. a visa is available for you as soon  as the process works through. So you have a current PD. The NVC is now waiting for notification from the Consulate regarding their available appointments. They usually work on assigning the appointments around the last week of the month... so it is hopeful that you will hear from them soon. Depending on the backlog of applicants ahead of you in the interview queue, your appointment may not be for 6 to 8 weeks from when they set it.. 

You can call the NVC regularly.. I did it every day after we received this notice.. and ask if there has been an interview date and time set.. this way, you will know a week or so ahead of the mail, email notification. The IO who got to tell us about our interview date was as excited and pleased to be able to tell us as we were to hear it! 

If you add your details to the vj page Case complete to interview spreadsheet, you can track others with CC from your Consulate and see when things are moving.  

Smile,, you have almost made it throguh! 

Thanks a lot for your positive reply :)

I will work on updating the spreadsheet

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, Abdullah T said:

Ok i got my interview letter :) 

when arriving to the US, how do i get a social security card, and what are the documents required?

thank you

If you ticked yes on the DS-260 to the question regarding do you want the card sent to you in the mail, then you should receive it after you arrive.  However, it's still hit or miss as to whether or not it will actually be sent despite ticking yes; therefore, if you do not receive it within a reasonable amount of time after your arrival, go to your nearest Social Security office and obtain it there.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On 9/3/2017 at 8:24 PM, Ryan H said:

If you ticked yes on the DS-260 to the question regarding do you want the card sent to you in the mail, then you should receive it after you arrive.  However, it's still hit or miss as to whether or not it will actually be sent despite ticking yes; therefore, if you do not receive it within a reasonable amount of time after your arrival, go to your nearest Social Security office and obtain it there.

Now that I’m waiting for my interview date which is Oct. 3rd, I have been reading about “administrate processing” stage after the interview.

Is it really something to worry about? Does it really take months after the interview in AP stage before the visa issuance? Or my visa will be issued right after the interview?

Please share any helpful information and experiences

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/28/2017 at 7:40 PM, Abdullah T said:

Hi,

On August 18 i revived the below message from NVC  

They have also indicated my priority date: 17-OCT-16

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case.  The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.

NVC schedules appointments one month in advance.  The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified.  Most appointments are set within three months of NVC’s receipt of all requested documentation.  However, before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current.  This can delay receipt of an appointment.  You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin on travel.state.gov.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable).  The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.

The embassy may require additional documents at the interview.  For example, if the following three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:

·         He or she is more than 16 years old;

·         The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and

·         He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.

The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the embassy has issued a visa.

Sincerely,"

Hi abdullah,

Can you tell me what happened after this?....did you receive a case complete email later? how long it took?

5 hours ago, vimal james said:

Hi abdullah,

Can you tell me what happened after this?....did you receive a case complete email later? how long it took?

Hi

I didn't receive a  case complete email, on Sept 2nd i received my interview letter email 

13 hours ago, Abdullah T said:

Hi

I didn't receive a  case complete email, on Sept 2nd i received my interview letter email 

how long lt took between SD & CC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.