TerryandAngela

Length of time at POE - from Canada to USA

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anybody know how long it takes for the Immigration staff to process things going from a Canadian airport to the USA?

Any assistance is appreciated!

July 1, 2004 - Met online

March 4, 2005 - Met first time in Merrillville, IN (half way for both)

March 15, 2005

-paid a visit to Wisconsin-left March 31, 2005

May 2, 2005

-flew to visit Angela, left May 7

July 1, 2005

-flew to visit Angela on our first anniversary.

March 29, 2006

-mailed I-129F package to Nebraska

March 31, 2006

-confirmed package delivered by USPS

April 3, 2006

-NOA1

April 7, 2006

-NOA1 notice received in mail

June 6, 2006

-Transfer Notice to California.

July 3, 2006 - RFE received from California. Supplement to I-129F filled out and returned by July 6, 2006.

August 12, 2006 - NOA2

------

Interview Date - April 10, 2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I imagine the process takes the same for all intended immigrants regardless of what POE you are using. Factors would include how many people are in the que, as well as the number requiring secondary inspection. If you are the only one, then it will occur quite quickly, if you are number 29 of 30 then it will be a bit slower.....

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

What time of day it is also factors into the equation. If you're heading through during a busy time, then things will obviously go slower; if you're going through later at night, then even if you get sent to secondary, things should progress quicker.

There should be links on either the airport(s) you're going through and/or airline(s) you're using somewhere to see when the busy periods are and just how long it'd take. Although these links might be more for ticket agents and security lineups than customs/immigration. Even so, that's something to consider.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I gave myself about 2.5 hours to get through Customs and catch my next flight.

I got through Customs and the activation of my K-1 in 20 mins. Guess I caught them on a good morning!

This was the POE at Calgary International Airport, on a Monday, at about 1 in the afternoon.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

We crossed at Peace Bridge in Fort Erie, and I think it took about 45 minutes. Maybe less.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went through Calgary International Airport just last month, mid March. There were about 7 fellows ahead of me processing work visas so with all my waiting it was about an hour. The actual time they actually spent on me was probably no more than 15 minutes.

cheers........... Susan :)

Feb 17/06 - I-129F Petition sent

Mar 1/06 - I-129F NOA1

May 12/06 - I-129F NOA2

June 7/06 - Packet 3 rec'd

Sept 6/06 - Packet 3 sent

Sept 15/06 - Rec'd letter with interview date

Sept 28/06 - Interview in Vancouver,BC and Visa in hand!

March 13/07 - US Entry

March 15/07 - WEDDING DAY

March 21/07 - AOS application & Interview through DORA Day 1

April 13/07 - Rec'd letter with Bio Appt. date Day 24

April 27/07 - Biometrics Appointment "touched" Day 38

April 30/07 - "Touched" Day 40

June 8/07 - Day 79...still waiting, haven't been touched or heard anything.

June 13/07 - Day 84..... I'm not having much faith in this DORA process..... closing in on the 90 day time frame real fast.....

June 19/07 - Day 90 ......nothing (Hubby calls Senator's Office)

June 20/07 - Day 91 - Got the "70 Day Letter" in the mail today :-(

June 22/07 - Mailed out EAD and AP by Priority Post Day 93

June 24/07 - EAD rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

June 29/07 - Day 100 - Infopass appt in OKC..... AOS stuck in name check

July 3/07 - Day 104 - Rec'd NOA for EAD

July 6/07 - Day 107 - Rec'd letter for EAD Bio Appt. for July 18th

July 18/07 -Biometrics

Filed: Other Timeline

I went thru Toronto Terminal 2 (2 1/2 years ago granted) and other than the wait in line, it took all of about 10 mintues (or less) at the wicket.

If you're flying, you still need to be there at least 2+ hours before your flight to get thru security anyhow, so take a book.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Joel went through POE at Boston...was first there that morning. 20-30 minutes I'd say. Depends on the POE, time of day, line...etc.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Joel went through POE at Boston...was first there that morning. 20-30 minutes I'd say. Depends on the POE, time of day, line...etc.

Just curious. How was your SO's POE from Canada in Boston. Wasn't his POE at the airport in CA or at the Border. Ferry ?

I-129F / K-1

03/24/2007 - Mailed I-129F

03/29/2007 - Arrived in Texas

04/04/2007 - NOA1 Sent, Case transferred to CSC

04/09/2007 - NOA1 Received via USPS

06/28/2007 - Touched

06/29/2007 - NOA2

07/09/2007 - NOA2 Recieved by USPS

07/20/2007 - NVC sent Packet to Montreal Consulate

07/23/2007 - Letter dated 07/23/2007 saying that Packet was sent to Montreal Consulate

07/26/2007 - Letter from NVC saying that Packet was sent to Montreal Consulate received

08/03/2007 - Packet 3 Received from Montreal Consulate

08/20/2007 - Packet 3 Checklist mailed to Montreal Consulate

08/21/2007 - Packet 3 Checklist received at Montreal Consulate

11/08/2007 - Interview Scheduled for this date!!

11/08/2007 - K1 Visa Approved!!!

11/22/2007 - Visa received (Delay was our own)

12/31/2007 - US Entry and K-1 activation

01/20/2007 - US Marriage :)

AOS/AP/EAD

02/22/2008 - AOS/AP/EAD filed

02/29/2008 - AOS/AP/EAD NOA's dated this date

04/15/2008 - Biometrics

04/29/2008 - EAD Approved

05/03/2008 - AP approved

05/07/2008 - EAD card received in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

These are estimated wait times for POE airports and borders:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/wait_times/

Enter your POE airport and report options. Of course these are for US only airports, but it shows information about Canadian and Mexican borders.

Edited by Malak_Rachid

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just curious. How was your SO's POE from Canada in Boston. Wasn't his POE at the airport in CA or at the Border. Ferry ?

My husband flew from Halifax Int'l Airport in Nova Scotia to Logan Int'l Airport in Boston. It's always been that way when we fly back and forth....either there or Newark NJ.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Halifax airport now as USA immigration stationed there.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.