PhotoJ89

I-864 Signature on attachments?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

May seem like a dumb question... Does anyone know if the instructions below apply to the standard attachments (birth certificate, ID, tax transcripts, proof of income, etc)? I would think these rules are only for extra WRITTEN pages, but it's really not clear. Normally I would err on the side of caution and sign/date all attachments, but it's possible you'd then get dinged for them wanting a "clean" copy. 

"2. If you need extra space to complete any item within this affidavit, use the space provided in Part 11. Additional Information or attach a separate sheet of paper; type or print your name and Alien Registration Number (A-Number) (if any) at the top of each sheet; indicate the Page Number, Part Number, and Item Number to which your answer refers; and sign and date each sheet."

Edited by PhotoJ89

K1

I-129F Sent :                                       2017-01-03

I-129F NOA1 :                                     2017-01-12

I-129F NOA2 :                                     2017-04-12

NVC Received :                                   2017-05-08

Consulate Received :                          2017-05-12

Packet 3 Received :                             2017-05-15

Interview (Approved) :                        2017-06-06

Visa Received:                                    2017 06-15

US Entry (POE: Houston):                   2017 06-26

AOS

I-485 Combo Sent:                              2017-08-01

I-485 NOA1:                                        2017 08-07

Biometrics:                                         2017 08-23

I-131 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

I-765 Approval:                                   2017 10-16

Interview (No Decision)                      2017 10-25

Only written pages :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Whenever you have to use an extra piece of paper to complete the form, you need to put this info on there and sign it. This makes it a part of the form.

The other documents are supporting documents, they are not part of the official form and therefor your do not need to sign them. It's a legal thing more than anything else.

It does not apply to the documents that you are attaching as evidence. It only applies to the necessity of needing extra space in answering the question within the application. I hope this helps you in your quest to finish the application. I know how much time it takes to complete these and how much you need to make sure it is done correctly. Boa sorte!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.