Sam_111

N-400 interview updated

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Guys,

Below is the case I posted a few weeks ago, now i have a update, 

Hi Guys,

I just finished my N-400 interview. I applied based on 3 years marriage. I passed the test, but the decision can not be made yet. The office said because my I-751 is still pending, she needs to see all my documents about my I-751 first, then make a decision on my N-400.

Does that make sense, whats your thoughts?

Thank you so much !

Updated:

I just called USCIS, and the officer told me that both my I-751 and N-400 were approved on Jul 12, and I am not gonna received my green card... then I asked, "I did not receive any notice or email about this"... he replied:"its pretty normal, because they did my 2 cases at the same time", and they will mail me a notice about the oath ceremony within next 30-90 days.

Is this normal when you call USCIS, they told u that your case was approved, but you did not receive any email and text from them? Also, if my cases were approved on Jul 12, usually, how long will I receive the letter about my oath ceremony?

Thank you so much and have a nice day!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval! I believe the miscommunication with emails and texts is normal, just keep checking your status online. I would wait a couple of weeks to receive the letter.

May I ask what documents you brought to the interview as proof for a bona fide marriage? Thanks and good luck with your ceremony! 

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, alebrije said:

Congratulations on your approval! I believe the miscommunication with emails and texts is normal, just keep checking your status online. I would wait a couple of weeks to receive the letter.

May I ask what documents you brought to the interview as proof for a bona fide marriage? Thanks and good luck with your ceremony! 

as many as u can, like joint utility bills, bank account, pics, travel documents, etc

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks!

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam_111 said:

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

I just finished my N-400 interview. I applied based on 3 years marriage. I passed the test, but the decision can not be made yet. The office said because my I-751 is still pending, she needs to see all my documents about my I-751 first, then make a decision on my N-400.

Thank you so much !

Updated:

I just called USCIS, and the officer told me that both my I-751 and N-400 were approved on Jul 12, and I am not gonna received my green card... then I asked, "I did not receive any notice or email about this"... he replied:"its pretty normal, because they did my 2 cases at the same time", and they will mail me a notice about the oath ceremony within next 30-90 days.

Is this normal when you call USCIS, they told u that your case was approved, but you did not receive any email and text from them? Also, if my cases were approved on Jul 12, usually, how long will I receive the letter about my oath ceremony?

Do you have My USCIS account?.. your approvals should be indicated there, unlike Case status is not always updated accurate.

Congratulations on your approvals :):):)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Sam_111 said:

yes, i checked my USCIS account, it did not update either.

If there is no updates within 2-3 weeks, I would call the Customer again.. and try to get an IO on hold - only a Tier 2 IO has real access to each case...

Wish you all the best!!!!

Just got back from my biometrics. It's a very easy-going process. I got there earlier than the 10am appointment time so they told me to wait a little before I queued. You queue, then fill in a form, then queue again, then they take you to the back for photo and fingerprinting and that's it... approx 15mins.

They stamp your appointment letter and you take it home as proof that you attended.

1 hour ago, rodr124819 said:

Hey Sam ,

when did you have your interview ? 

I hade mine in July 6th

and ny case is under superviser review with no update until now .

good luck :)

my interview was in June 29, the decision cant be made , the online status  didnt change to anything it s still " interview has been scheduled" i don't know what to do, my field office san diego just had an oath  ceremotny today, i thought my status will change  to under supervisor review , but ....

Edited by nooha

4 minutes ago, nooha said:

my interview was in June 29, the decision cant be made , the online status  didnt change to anything it s still " interview has been scheduled" i don't know what to do, my field office san diego just had an oath  ceremotny today, i thought my status will change  to under supervisor review , but ....

After interview My status change to n400 under superviser review , but you say you call the L2 e he told you you're approved, if they say it , you just need to wait.

12 minutes ago, rodr124819 said:

After interview My status change to n400 under superviser review , but you say you call the L2 e he told you you're approved, if they say it , you just need to wait.

Not me, Sam 111   he called and found out he is approved. I'm not approved yet  and i'm wondering why my status didn't change since my interview!!!!

Edited by nooha

On 7/19/2017 at 11:14 AM, Sam_111 said:

Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much !

Updated:

Did they ask baout your employment or travel history?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.