larnar1309

CEAC down???

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I too had sent an email to asknvc well over a week ago without much luck. (I have been waiting since 11th).

Just got off the phone talking to NVC and have been told that CEAC website is down again (Update functionality), and that not much can be done until it is resolved. (Even though one is able to view the web page(s)).

It seems the website is not under NVC's control (from an information update and/or maintenance perspective), and hence an ETA of the fix cannot be provided. Sadly, the only option for those of us that is stuck with this issue is to just hope and pray. (Even though NVC receives our email complaints with the documented issue they will be unable to act on it for the above reason - I am told).

Can anyone else impacted by this issue please call and report back here to see if we are hearing the same?

Thanks.

On 2017/7/25 at 6:22 AM, abhivar said:

I too had sent an email to asknvc well over a week ago without much luck. (I have been waiting since 11th).

Just got off the phone talking to NVC and have been told that CEAC website is down again (Update functionality), and that not much can be done until it is resolved. (Even though one is able to view the web page(s)).

It seems the website is not under NVC's control (from an information update and/or maintenance perspective), and hence an ETA of the fix cannot be provided. Sadly, the only option for those of us that is stuck with this issue is to just hope and pray. (Even though NVC receives our email complaints with the documented issue they will be unable to act on it for the above reason - I am told).

Can anyone else impacted by this issue please call and report back here to see if we are hearing the same?

Thanks.

yup this is what most people are reporting and I assumed the same but thought I and others should give the email a shot nonetheless! 

On 7/25/2017 at 6:22 PM, abhivar said:

Thanks.

Just call the NVC and they told me they having problem for so many payment. They gave an email and told me send them an email with the bank statement. But i think it won't help because their payment system is too slow. We might have to wait couple of days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, masum said:

Same problem with my case. Paid the AOS fee on july/01/2017 and its got paid in 3 days. On july/17/2017 I have paid the IV fee and its got cleared from my account next day but its still showing in process on CEAC.

I paid that same day too and I called today and all they tell me is give it more time :(   what I did see is that a lot of people  are taking 14-16 days  lets hope by Tuesday it shows PAID :D

5 minutes ago, Lujamart said:

I paid that same day too and I called today and all they tell me is give it more time :(   what I did see is that a lot of people  are taking 14-16 days  lets hope by Tuesday it shows PAID :D

Yaaa lets see. I called them too and they said this month lots of case became current,thats why ceac payment got overload. I am ready to submit everything but waiting for DS-260 

Edited by masum

4 hours ago, masum said:

Yaaa lets see. I called them too and they said this month lots of case became current,thats why ceac payment got overload. I am ready to submit everything but waiting for DS-260 

You do not have to wait and submit ds-260 before sending your docs !!!! Send them now !!! 

30 minutes ago, masum said:

If I send my docs now, will NVC review my docs without DS-260

Yes they will review them at a different time to your DS-260 so its no problem to send the packages now. You also don’t need to wait for the aos or IV fee to change to PAID before sending the packages. You can send them whilst they are in process. 

If you read some other threads of the forum this is what a lot of people have done to make their process faster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Seems like we are having a similar issue, tho admittedly we haven't been stuck for as long as most of you. I submitted payment info for our AOS fee very early on Jul 21 and it cleared my bank on July 24, but the status has been stuck on "in process" ever since the payment info was submitted. I have called a couple of times but always seem to get different answers, sometimes they say that it can take up to a week and other times they say that there is a compute issue but just wait a day or two. I wish they would just be honest and tell us what is going on.

Relationship:     First met 2015, Married since Oct 2016

Spoiler

2015 Apr - First met and started chatting online (he was in the US on a J-1 visa)

2015 Sep - J-1 visa expires (2 year home stay requirement)

2016 Feb - First trip to China (10 days): met friends and family, celebrated Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), lots of sightseeing (including seeing pandas), and lots of food

2016 Feb 06 - Purchase matching jade necklaces to mark engagement

2016 Jun/Jul - Second trip to China (10 days): lots more sightseeing, food, and time with friends/family

2016 Sep/Oct - Third trip to China (10 days) this time with my parents so that my parents could meet him and his mom, along with lots of sightseeing and food (i'm sure you've picked up on a trend by now :D)

2016 Oct - At the end of the time in China my parents, myself, and Xuan all traveled to Canada (7 days) so that we could get married, but unfortunately his mom couldn't come along with us.

2016 Oct 08 - Wedding day on top of Mount Washington on Vancouver Island, and it had just snowed the night before. (L)(L)

2017 Jan - Fourth trip to China (7 days), you guessed it: food, family, friends, spring festival, ...

The CR-1 Process:    NOA1 - PD 27 Dec 2016 (TSC)

Spoiler

2016 Dec 21 - Sent I-130 packet (along with G-1145 for e-notification) by USPS priority mail express (1-day), but missed the pick-up so it won't actually leave till the next day

2016 Dec 23 - Delivery confirmed by USPS

2017 Jan 03 - Payment drawn from bank account

2017 Jan 04 - Text and email confirming USCIS receipt of petition, assignment to Texas Service Center for processing and SRC case number

2017 Jan 09 - Received I-797c notice of action by mail (NOA1) with assigned priority date of 27 Dec 2016

2017 ??? ......... just waiting patiently for NOA2 (hopefully by April/May if they ever stop transferring cases from Nebraska)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Visa Type: F3

(Grandfather who is a US citizen made a petition for married daughter, her spouse and her kid to obtain green cards at USA)

My draft for IV fees cleared on 14th July, 2017 but it still shows to be 'In process'.

Does that mean I should go ahead and send my documents even without the DS-260?

I am kind of in a hurry with this process as I am turning 21 on October 28, 2017.

They say that a cover sheet with a bar code should be attached to the document packet.. what cover sheet are they talking about?

My grandfather (petitioner) is a US citizen and he is supposed to perform the entire process. But he hasn't received any instruction packet or whatever with a cover sheet. I (Potential immigrant) received a letter from NVC to inform us of the initiation of our immigration process, which had a barcode on it. Is it possible that they are talking about the sheet they sent us (Potential immigrants)?

Please help.

PS: Sorry for the extremely long messages. Please cope with my anxious curiosity.

Filed: Timeline

UV1996 --  The page titled Document Cover Sheet comes with the bar code and your case number printed on the NVC Welcome Letter (which is the first communication from NVC to the Petitioner & Beneficiary, based on my experience).  I paid my IV Fees (after the AOS fees was PAID a few days before that) on 7/8, but still not posted as PAID to this point (7/28). Very disappointing. Although I could n't start the DS 260, I have gone ahead and submitted all my review documents to NVC. But, I did send them with the Document Cover Sheet attached to the front of the documentation packet. I understand that the case will not be taken up for review until the IV Fees is flagged as paid and the DS 260 is complete. Will let others share their knowledge/experience.

To those who share this common pain, interestingly (but sadly), the very same website via the url to check Immigrant Visa Application Status believes (and rightly so) that I am all paid up with respect to the fees. I shared this observation with NVC over a week ago - only to hear a puzzled reaction. Please see attached (intentionally clobbered the case number to mask out personal info).

Week 4 of hope and prayer begins.

Thanks!

IV_Fees_Issue.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, abhivar said:

UV1996 --  The page titled Document Cover Sheet comes with the bar code and your case number printed on the NVC Welcome Letter (which is the first communication from NVC to the Petitioner & Beneficiary, based on my experience).  I paid my IV Fees (after the AOS fees was PAID a few days before that) on 7/8, but still not posted as PAID to this point (7/28). Very disappointing. Although I could n't start the DS 260, I have gone ahead and submitted all my review documents to NVC. But, I did send them with the Document Cover Sheet attached to the front of the documentation packet. I understand that the case will not be taken up for review until the IV Fees is flagged as paid and the DS 260 is complete. Will let others share their knowledge/experience.

To those who share this common pain, interestingly (but sadly), the very same website via the url to check Immigrant Visa Application Status believes (and rightly so) that I am all paid up with respect to the fees. I shared this observation with NVC over a week ago - only to hear a puzzled reaction. Please see attached (intentionally clobbered the case number to mask out personal info).

Week 4 of hope and prayer begins.

Thanks!

IV_Fees_Issue.jpg

Thank you for your response!

I now understand what they mean by cover sheet, thank you.

Even if they won't review the documents without the DS-260, I will be saving time by sending the documents before rather than after filing DS-260.

Thank you again for your help! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.