TriloByte

K1: London Embassy: Scheduling Interview: Options

44 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Amainzing said:

Thanks, it sucks, but they said it was unusual, so that should definitely be enough time barring any issues!!

Have you contacted Knightsbridge to see what happened with your medical papers 

1 minute ago, GazLisa said:

No, since my interview was only today, after hearing that result I just wanted to get home, but I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say.

AOS, EAD, AP Filed Concurrently: 01-22-2018
NOA1 Date: 02-08-2018
RFIE Received: 02-26-2018

Bio. Appt.: 03-06-2018

RFIE Evidence Received: 03-21-2018

EAD Received: 07-13-2018 (no AP as USCIS never filed it for some reason)

1 minute ago, Amainzing said:

No, since my interview was only today, after hearing that result I just wanted to get home, but I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say.

Fingers crossed the embassy gets your results soon,I'm easily panicked that things are going to go wrong 🙁😂

1 minute ago, GazLisa said:

Fingers crossed the embassy gets your results soon,I'm easily panicked that things are going to go wrong 🙁😂

Thanks, it was a bummer to hear, but I'm just glad that the only thing that went wrong was something I didn't really have control over!!(not counting booking the two further apart haha), so once they arrive it should be relatively straightforward. 

16 hours ago, GazLisa said:

I rang this morning and was informed that the embassy has received my medical today, so now it is just an issue of processing!! Fingers crossed it does not take much longer than it would have!!

5 minutes ago, Amainzing said:

I rang this morning and was informed that the embassy has received my medical today, so now it is just an issue of processing!! Fingers crossed it does not take much longer than it would have!!

Thank you for the update

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

16 minutes ago, Amainzing said:

Awesome news ☺ 

3 hours ago, Amainzing said:

Sorry for all the questions 😞 What was the actual medical exam like,were you nervous,I sure am lol 

2 hours ago, GazLisa said:

Sorry for all the questions 😞 What was the actual medical exam like,were you nervous,I sure am lol 

It's no problem at all, I was the same before, I wanted to know every detail before going in!! Actually while I was pretty nervous the day before, on the morning of it I reached a sort of zen state, as I had triple checked that I had everything I needed, so anything else was up to fate. It was very chill and relaxed at Knightsbridge, all of the receptionists are very friendly and helpful, they answered all of my questions on the day. And, if you want, you can bring a chaperone with you for support, but they'll have to stay in the waiting room. First you give over your paperwork to a receptionist, and she'll then give you a second medical questionnaire to fill out and a cup to pee in (lol). After this, if you're like me you'll have a few waiting periods between talking to doctors: the first Dr checks over your vaccine records and signs them off/tells you if you're missing any(most in the UK are missing the chickenpox vaccine as it is not available), the second Dr does the chest xray (If you're wearing a light top you can keep that on for it, you just need to remove your bra) and the third Dr does the general examination, asks about any medication needed and checks your eyesight, ears, temp etc and takes a blood sample (hope you don't mind needles!). All were very friendly and polite. After this you wait around some more, then you'll be told if there were any issues (there weren't for me), and you'll be given a copy of the form sent to the embassy - it is VERY important that you keep a hold of this as you will need it for the AoS once you enter the US, but it is not required that you bring your copy to the interview as they (SHOULD -_- ) have their own by then.

Took about 1 1/2 hrs overall, easy peasy, and it was such a relief to get it done, so as long as you have everything they ask for, you'll be fine ^_^ 

11 hours ago, Amainzing said:

It's no problem at all, I was the same before, I wanted to know every detail before going in!! Actually while I was pretty nervous the day before, on the morning of it I reached a sort of zen state, as I had triple checked that I had everything I needed, so anything else was up to fate. It was very chill and relaxed at Knightsbridge, all of the receptionists are very friendly and helpful, they answered all of my questions on the day. And, if you want, you can bring a chaperone with you for support, but they'll have to stay in the waiting room. First you give over your paperwork to a receptionist, and she'll then give you a second medical questionnaire to fill out and a cup to pee in (lol). After this, if you're like me you'll have a few waiting periods between talking to doctors: the first Dr checks over your vaccine records and signs them off/tells you if you're missing any(most in the UK are missing the chickenpox vaccine as it is not available), the second Dr does the chest xray (If you're wearing a light top you can keep that on for it, you just need to remove your bra) and the third Dr does the general examination, asks about any medication needed and checks your eyesight, ears, temp etc and takes a blood sample (hope you don't mind needles!). All were very friendly and polite. After this you wait around some more, then you'll be told if there were any issues (there weren't for me), and you'll be given a copy of the form sent to the embassy - it is VERY important that you keep a hold of this as you will need it for the AoS once you enter the US, but it is not required that you bring your copy to the interview as they (SHOULD -_- ) have their own by then.

Took about 1 1/2 hrs overall, easy peasy, and it was such a relief to get it done, so as long as you have everything they ask for, you'll be fine ^_^ 

That's good to know 😀 I have my vaccinations up to date,medical summary from GP,  long version birth certificate, police report, affidavit of support forms, passport pictures, passport and driving licence ID, I think that's everything I need 🤔 

Edited by GazLisa

5 hours ago, GazLisa said:

That's good to know 😀 I have my vaccinations up to date,medical summary from GP,  long version birth certificate, police report, affidavit of support forms, passport pictures, passport and driving licence ID, I think that's everything I need 🤔 

That sounds like everything you need, as long as you have what Knightsbridge asked for in their email, you'll be golden, don't need to bring anything else. With the interview too, you only need what is listed on https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/ as well as your MRV fee printout (and I would recommend bringing the letter they send you too, I didn't but I may have been lucky). As long as you have these done correctly, you shouldn't have anything to worry about (apart from sorting the wedding!! haha)

2 hours ago, Amainzing said:

That sounds like everything you need, as long as you have what Knightsbridge asked for in their email, you'll be golden, don't need to bring anything else. With the interview too, you only need what is listed on https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/ as well as your MRV fee printout (and I would recommend bringing the letter they send you too, I didn't but I may have been lucky). As long as you have these done correctly, you shouldn't have anything to worry about (apart from sorting the wedding!! haha)

Funnily enough fiancé called courthouse yesterday to try and rearrange wedding from December 1st to November 17th so I could fly over sooner lol 😂 

Edited by GazLisa

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hello, 

I booked an interview for the k1 and the earliest date they have was for the 14th of september, I was hoping for an earlier date. Do you guys know if its worth it to go back on the embassy website and check everyday if there is earlier slots available or any other easier way ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, veeandzack said:

hello, 

I booked an interview for the k1 and the earliest date they have was for the 14th of september, I was hoping for an earlier date. Do you guys know if its worth it to go back on the embassy website and check everyday if there is earlier slots available or any other easier way ?

some people do cancel their interviews or reschedule them so it's always worth checking if you want to reschedule too.

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.