Indianapolisn400

False date and place of marriage on childs BC

9 posts in this topic

Hello folks, please help enlightening me. I thought I didn't want /need to post this question here because I know it's all gonna be case to case basis anyway. But here it goes. I am US citizen and I am petitioning for my mother to come here in the US, and her interview is fast approaching, next week actually. 

She just got done with her sputum culture and Thank God, she passed. Anyway, my very concern is the false date and marriage of her and my father on my BC. I didn't know about it until I was going through documents to petition for her. I know about her not ever being married but not about that error on my BC. My mom was never never married and she has already secured A cenomar for that, which she will pick up tomorrow so its fresh and new for her interview next week. She has it for both names. Btw, her name on my BC and her bc are different but I got that part all taken care of prior to petitioning for her and her acquiring passport for the first time. I have a seperate topic about that for readers to follow in case you find yourself in the same situation as mine. I got it corrected, got the certificate of finality and now the annotation on her bc stating xyz is one and the same with Maria xyz. So anyway, asked  her to get cenomar for both, nbi clearance for both with the other one as AKA

My question, I'm worried about any issue that might come up that I would like to prepare myself for. I was wanting to join her during her interview, but my impulse in rebooking got the better of me..ughh..and it'll be too expensive to change now with the interview being next week.

Anyone experienced this? Is that D and p of marriage on my bc going to be an issue and what 221g might I be expecting here?.I'm worried they will want that corrected and it'll take forever to get that done and the medical be expired and go through sputum again :(  plus I'm already a citizen, how's that gonna affect me? I'm going crazy here. Please enlighten me and that might help me understand..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Indianapolisn400 said:

Hello folks, please help enlightening me. I thought I didn't want /need to post this question here because I know it's all gonna be case to case basis anyway. But here it goes. I am US citizen and I am petitioning for my mother to come here in the US, and her interview is fast approaching, next week actually. 

She just got done with her sputum culture and Thank God, she passed. Anyway, my very concern is the false date and marriage of her and my father on my BC. I didn't know about it until I was going through documents to petition for her. I know about her not ever being married but not about that error on my BC. My mom was never never married and she has already secured A cenomar for that, which she will pick up tomorrow so its fresh and new for her interview next week. She has it for both names. Btw, her name on my BC and her bc are different but I got that part all taken care of prior to petitioning for her and her acquiring passport for the first time. I have a seperate topic about that for readers to follow in case you find yourself in the same situation as mine. I got it corrected, got the certificate of finality and now the annotation on her bc stating xyz is one and the same with Maria xyz. So anyway, asked  her to get cenomar for both, nbi clearance for both with the other one as AKA

My question, I'm worried about any issue that might come up that I would like to prepare myself for. I was wanting to join her during her interview, but my impulse in rebooking got the better of me..ughh..and it'll be too expensive to change now with the interview being next week.

Anyone experienced this? Is that D and p of marriage on my bc going to be an issue and what 221g might I be expecting here?.I'm worried they will want that corrected and it'll take forever to get that done and the medical be expired and go through sputum again :(  plus I'm already a citizen, how's that gonna affect me? I'm going crazy here. Please enlighten me and that might help me understand..

I personally don't see the dates & marriage on your BC being an issue.   I think you are stressing too much.   Just my humble opinion. 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

I personally don't see the dates & marriage on your BC being an issue.   I think you are stressing too much.   Just my humble opinion. 

I seriously hope I'm just worrying over nothing. I gotta be honest, I do have that tendency. But still... Hoping I could get more response and answers to my post. It's hard to get posts noticed here on VJ. I hardly ever have 3 people comment ever lol

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Indianapolisn400 said:

I seriously hope I'm just worrying over nothing. I gotta be honest, I do have that tendency. But still... Hoping I could get more response and answers to my post. It's hard to get posts noticed here on VJ. I hardly ever have 3 people comment ever lol

Many people come on here, ask their question and leave.. never to be heard from again.  Some come back from time to time with a new question.  Odds of getting tons of replied is on the down side.

I do know of situations similar to yours where they were petitioning a parent and there was a variance between the petitioner's BC (you) and reality ...all got their visas and moved on with life, and this is what I based my comment on ... not just a hollow opinion.

A BC listing a false marriage and/or having a father's name (who isn't really a husband) listed is very common in the Phils ... all in an effort to avoid the stigma of "illegitimate".     

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Many people come on here, ask their question and leave.. never to be heard from again.  Some come back from time to time with a new question.  Odds of getting tons of replied is on the down side.

I do know of situations similar to yours where they were petitioning a parent and there was a variance between the petitioner's BC (you) and reality ...all got their visas and moved on with life, and this is what I based my comment on ... not just a hollow opinion.

A BC listing a false marriage and/or having a father's name (who isn't really a husband) listed is very common in the Phils ... all in an effort to avoid the stigma of "illegitimate".     

Thank you so much for your time in responding to my post hank. I honestly was hoping you, sagot, and greenbaum to name a few would respond to my post..

Anyway, I was just really wanting to prepare what I might end up needing to do to avoid the denial (worst case scenario)  or 221g that would take forver to obtain. I would hate for the medical to expire, and I'm dreading for her to go through the sputum again. But I'm keeping my faith !. 

I overheard my name mentioned. :jest:  I'm with Hank. The biggest concern the Embassy has is, do all the names of the person being interviewed match throughout their documents. If they do then there is no additional concerns.  The Embassy personnel understand the inherent problem with BC's in the Philippines. So there are some items they will just skim over and there are other facts that are hard and fast and must be dealt with. I to don't see the dates & marriage on your BC being an issue.

Relax. You can only deal with what you can deal with. Right now there is nothing you can do. Roll the dice and let's see what comes up. Cases like yours and folks like you seem to be surprised in the end that things went the way they wanted. :D

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Just my opinion as I don't have personal experience with this issue, but, I think the USEM has to know by now how messed up people's birth certificates are in the Philippines. I I think they would be more shocked if everything matched up correctly. We went through the process of changing my fiance's BC to show female rather than male (seemed pretty important) but it wasn't until after that, that we noticed that her parent's birth dates on her BC were both way off. smh. We have decided not to worry about that part based on my above thought process. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Just my opinion as I don't have personal experience with this issue, but, I think the USEM has to know by now how messed up people's birth certificates are in the Philippines. I I think they would be more shocked if everything matched up correctly. We went through the process of changing my fiance's BC to show female rather than male (seemed pretty important) but it wasn't until after that, that we noticed that her parent's birth dates on her BC were both way off. smh. We have decided not to worry about that part based on my above thought process. 

Getting the male to female changed is important... you will be glad you changed that many times over.   As for the birth dates of the parents... nope that would not be a red flag at the embassy.

Now for the OP's situation, getting it changed is "vital" to avoid some very huge issues. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.