JBMG

NVC - July 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

157 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2017 at 10:41 PM, nicnurse said:

We got a case complete on September 13th and received our interview appointment letter via email on September 15th! My husband's interview is October 30th at the embassy in London. Our scan date was July 21st. I'm in shock because I thought we had for sure missed out on October interviews! Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

FYI the little trick to check your status does seem to be true. On Wednesday when I checked my status was "at NVC" and the AOS line had disappeared. 

Omg amazing!!! We are also with London, and our scan date is August 17th, so this gives me so much hope. Thank you for posting :)

On 2017/9/24 at 7:54 PM, JOL said:

Sounds like you're likely to have an interview date before Thanksgiving, but getting our passport back by then could be iffy.  Either way, there is no point canceling the tickets if they cannot be refunded anyway; maybe you can try scalping them (legal in the US as long as sold for face value, but I do not know the UK law.)  Until you call the embassy it is really a gray area.

Good luck on your date and travels. :) Could be worse:  You could have a trip like the Baltimore Ravens did. ;)

Ahahaha oh gosh so embarrassing 😂😂 my husband's from New England so we are doing strong ;) hopefully our outcome is more like the patriots - passport touch down in the last minute LOL! 

Edited by larnar1309

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Dream2017 said:

Sd was on august 11.  

Review started at September 18

And still waiting for cc

How long does it usally take from review untile cc????

It usually take 6-8 weeks from your SD.  Mine was 31 July and my CC was 18 Sept, so you have a little bit yet.  You can take a look at this spreadsheet to see statistics of other couples:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cs5_XtthCAGFpjDPu1jiUkrSeCEVdquHKDDkH5z9VHM

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How long is the general wait time for SSNs?  My wife arrived on Thanksgiving Day and I thought I read that it only took 2 weeks.  On a separate item, the Embassy took originals for several items (Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree), when do we get those items back.  They were very specific that they could not be copies and took several minutes inspecting them to ensure they were originals.  I thought we would get them back when we came through immigration but they kept them.  

On 2017/12/27 at 7:41 AM, David-Liss said:

How long is the general wait time for SSNs?  My wife arrived on Thanksgiving Day and I thought I read that it only took 2 weeks.  On a separate item, the Embassy took originals for several items (Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree), when do we get those items back.  They were very specific that they could not be copies and took several minutes inspecting them to ensure they were originals.  I thought we would get them back when we came through immigration but they kept them.  

I had to actually go to the SS office to re apply to get a SSN. They told me something needed to be checked with my name (although they never contacted me about this) and its quite a usual problem. After visiting they said it should arrive within a week. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.