78 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Pasting here the following conversation as it could be useful for others. Some countries will forward police reports directly to the US embassy/consulate. I've read from someone else in another country that the NVC needed proof that the embassy/consulate received the police report. I've advised mriggs to send that proof to the NVC ASAP. 

7 hours ago, mriggs said:

Painful update: Scan date of April 11, received checklist June 25. Checklist is for a police certificate which I cannot request directly, it goes through a form that is sent to the US Consulate in my country who process it. I'd sent the form far in advance to my checklist, and again when I received the checklist. I appear to be stuck in some kind of bureaucratic hell, as the US Consulate has informed me they have the police certificate and is waiting for the case to be forwarded by the NVC.

How did you get this notification from the US consulate? Via a written document or over the phone? If written, send it into the NVC ASAP. Keep a copy for yourself. 

The NVC in turn is waiting for the police certificate before they will forward the case. The initial information the NVC gave me is that they can forward the case as long as the consulate NOTIFIES them that they have a police certificate for me.

Hopefully you have a letter or I'm sure you can get one from the consulate/embassy explaining that they have  your police report. Also include your own letter explaining the situation, be sure to inclue the checklist and write your case number on every document you send in. 

Now they are saying that the physical certificate must be mailed to them. At this stage my petitioner is going to look into contacting her congressman.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to speak to someone like a supervisor at the NVC

You're going to need to speak to a supervisor. So once they have confirmed receipt of your documents, then ask to speak to a supervisor.. With the new evidence you've submitted, the supervisor should get you a CC.. Now if you've already sent in this info (receipt from embassy saying they have your police report), call the NVC back and ask to speak to a supervisor, keep calling until they connect you to a supervisor. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, daisybright said:

POLICE CERTIFICATION IS VALID AS I AM NOT A CURRENT RESIDENT OF QATAR AND HAS NOT RETURNED THERE SINCE DEPARTURE JULY 2017.

THEREFORE CHECKLIST IS "INVALID".

Supervisor not available...asked for REVIEW AND CALLBACK.

July 6, 2017-Called NVC..asked for supervisor..none available. CSR advised

REVIEW DEPARTMENT TO ESCALATE. ALSO CSR STATES SHE INQUIRED WITH HER SUPERVISOR WHO WAS ON ANOTHER CALL ABOUT EXPIRED CERTIFICATE..SUPERVISOR TOLD CSR..I AM"NOT" REQUIRED TO SUBMIT NEW ONE.😉

July 7, 2017-Called NVC..asked for supervisor..none available. WAS TRANSFERRED TO A "LINE" LEAD. WAS NOT ABLE TO HELP.

July 10, 2017-Called NVC...no supervisor available...oh well..I will wait until July 14, 2017 and call again if not callback or update.

****What I did notice was..not one CSR knew that the checklist noted EXPIRED POLICE CERTIFICATE...they all stated there was limited information available to them. Each one advised that it was obtained from the wrong source and to refer to their website. Checklist wrong..NVC CSRs wrong too.

Can you copy/paste your checklist here? 

Ok..my Third Party Agent just received a call. CC verbally email to follow. Should I wait for email or update spreadsheet with today's date. CRS also advised, should know interview date within the next 12 days or so.

NOTE: THAT UPDATE YOU PROVIDED REGARDIN EMBASSY SCHEDULING TIMEFRAMES....."MAGNIFICO"!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 11:07 AM, daisybright said:

Ok..my Third Party Agent just received a call. CC verbally email to follow. Should I wait for email or update spreadsheet with today's date. CRS also advised, should know interview date within the next 12 days or so.

NOTE: THAT UPDATE YOU PROVIDED REGARDIN EMBASSY SCHEDULING TIMEFRAMES....."MAGNIFICO"!

Congratulations!🎊 almost done 

I think most people update the spreadsheet the day they get the verbal confirmation of the day their case was completed 

Edited by Kadupul

Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 8:37 AM, JBMG said:

Pasting here the following conversation as it could be useful for others. Some countries will forward police reports directly to the US embassy/consulate. I've read from someone else in another country that the NVC needed proof that the embassy/consulate received the police report. I've advised mriggs to send that proof to the NVC ASAP. 

How did you get this notification from the US consulate? Via a written document or over the phone? If written, send it into the NVC ASAP. Keep a copy for yourself. 

Hopefully you have a letter or I'm sure you can get one from the consulate/embassy explaining that they have  your police report. Also include your own letter explaining the situation, be sure to inclue the checklist and write your case number on every document you send in. 

You're going to need to speak to a supervisor. So once they have confirmed receipt of your documents, then ask to speak to a supervisor.. With the new evidence you've submitted, the supervisor should get you a CC.. Now if you've already sent in this info (receipt from embassy saying they have your police report), call the NVC back and ask to speak to a supervisor, keep calling until they connect you to a supervisor. 

update

On 4/18/2016 at 11:46 PM, teeak said:

Yes, you need a police certificate.

Click on Police, Court, Prison records: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NZ.html

Police Records

New Zealand Police Headquarters will not accept requests for police certificates or records directly from individuals.

To obtain a New Zealand Police clearance certificate for U.S. Immigration the applicant can download the form from the U.S. Embassy Wellington website,http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/ACK%20-%20Auckland.pdf

The requestor can deliver the request along with the required items in person, or send the completed request to the U.S. Consulate General in Auckland, via email (AucklandIV@State.gov), regular mail or courier post to: U.S. Consulate General by mail: 23 Custom Street East, Citi Group Building, 3rd floor, Private Bag 92022, Auckland New Zealand. Requests can be accepted by email as long as all attachments are included and the applicant’s name is in the subject line of the email.

All applicant requests must include:

• A copy of the completed N.Z. clearance request, which must include: The Post case number (e.g. ACK for Auckland) or A#
  • A photocopy of the applicant’s passport biographic page
  • The NVC BAR CODE SHEET if the clearance is to be returned to the NVC.

As standard operating procedure, if a request is sent by an applicant, the vetted clearance results will be forwarded to the NVC, unless different instructions are provided.

DO NOT CONTACT THE REQUESTING OFFICE REGARDING THE STATUS OR RECEIPT OF YOUR CLEARANCE

NEW ZEALAND POLICE DO NOT DEAL DIRECTLY WITH THE PUBLIC FOR THESE REQUESTS

Below is an update from Mriggs, Looks like the NVC finally received notification from the consulate.. My advice, if you fall into this situation, def see if you can get a receipt or letter confirming that the embassy has receipt of the police report.. 

On 7/15/2017 at 0:35 AM, mriggs said:

Update: Called NVC today. "We haven't received anything for this case. The consulate doesn't need to send the clearance, they just need to notify us they have it. We have received mail for this case today, it's in review. Current waiting time is 11 weeks."   They haven't and have received mail for this case in the space of 2 minutes? In review but not in review? My head hurts.

Timeline

Mashedm received a checklist for "AOS apparently missing pages 10,11,12" .. Copied conversation below from another forum. Please don't let this happen to you, if you know you didn't include all pages of your AOS with your NVC package, please send in a new completed form with all pages, make sure to include your barcoded cover sheet with your case number on it. And write your Case number on all pages (upper right-hand corner).

46 minutes ago, Mashedm said:

No problem, updated the spreadsheet with the description of RFE, hope it helps 

Would you recommend I send the entire form again or just those pages?

2 minutes ago, JBMG said:

NO!!!! That's aWful.. This has happened to people in the past..  By chance did you write your Case number on every page of your AOS form? Some people just simply didn't include those pages because nothing was on them.. But they all received a checklist for it.. YES, you def have to resubmit the entire form. This is what happened to @Dinah.. she was checklisted for not checking 1 box on the AOS form... She sent in the correct page with that info.. but then received another checklist because she only sent in the correct page, and not the entire AOS form. It was a nightmare for her.. She's on our spreadsheet, her original SD was 9/22/2016!!! So don't let this happen to you. 

So my advice.. Send in the corrected AOS form (all pages). Make sure to sign it. Also put your Case number on all pages (upper right-hand corner). Also, include the checklist cover sheet with your case number/bar code on it. Write NA/None in the non applicable areas. 

Then after they have confirmed receipt of your new AOS form, (your second scan date), ask to get a hold of a supervisor. 

See these posts from @cadtousa. As she was successfully got her CC without having to wait an additional 8-11 weeks.. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/636516-nvc-filers-june-2017/?do=findComment&comment=8671473

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639680-nvc-filers-july-2017/?do=findComment&comment=8681345

Wish you luck. Sorry about your checklist. 

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering would I need Certificate of Clearance from the Singapore Police Force, if I lived there about 10 months? I currently reside in Indonesia. 

-NOV

Edited by novi

Timeline
9 hours ago, novi said:

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering would I need Certificate of Clearance from the Singapore Police Force, if I lived there about 10 months? I currently reside in Indonesia. 

-NOV

Hi yes, if you lived in any country more than 6 months, you'll need a police certificate from those countries. 

Please join the following forum. :)  Please read the first page, full of great info. 

On 6/22/2017 at 0:03 AM, fitleo said:

It wouldn't help.

I tried everything under the sun, ended up giving birth alone and now our son is 7 months old and hasn't met his daddy

painful to witness

hurry up and finish all the documents so your husband arrives asap

Congratulations and good luck with you pregnancy! 

I'm in the same situation.  My babe is four months now, and his daddy, if we get no checklists, might be coming in November! It's really sad!  I'm just thankful for technology and that I can send him pics and videos everyday.  It's so messed up how it's not a valid reason for expedite. 

• 2 weeks later...
On June 28, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Amber87 said:

Hi, does NVC need a fingerprinted police clearance or just a standard police clearance certificate? The Australian federal police offer two options 😬 Thanks for your help! 

Hi Amber, 

I live in Sydney and now I also need to collect Police Certificate for NVC process. Have you found out how to get the right Police Certificate? I am scared of checklist too :( 

Thanks for your help. 

2016-11-28: I-130 Sent

2016-11-25: I-130 NOA1

2017-07-21: I-130 Approved (after 238 days)

2017-08-01: NVC Received

2017-08-05: AOS Bill/Paid

2017-08-30: Case Completed (Electronic processing)

2017-10-03: Interview date (U.S Consulate in Sydney Australia)

2017-10-03: Visa Approved

2017-10-15: Received visa/passport

2017-10-20: LAX POE

---------

Remove Conditions: 

2019-07-22: I-751 Sent to AZ

2019-07-24: Received and Scanned

2019-08-02: Received 18 month extension Letter

See below @Amber87 and@Bellap..

Use the guide below for obtaining documents specific to Australia. This is a screenshot. Go to NVC website..Ill see if I can upload link.

Screenshot_2017-08-04-11-46-17.png

@Amber87 and @BellaP

sorry could not properly tag you before. Please use the link below to find out how to get the "accurate" documents needed specifically for any country. Under "DOCUMENT FINDER"

type in the country that you need the document from. Next, I page (shown in previous message) will need the type visa you are making application.  This is a dropdown. After entering the visa, to the left will be the categories of documents....example marriage, police certifications, etc. Amber87 you will go to police certificates as that was what you inquired about. BellaP, if you need a document from Vietnam,...you will enter Vietnam on the DOCUMENT FINDER page.

This is the best source for determining how, where and what is required by NVC for documents. The NVC site is the best resource for finding what needs to be submitted and how to acquire it. Some things are not explained very well, VISAJOURNEY will definitely point you in the right direction.

9 hours ago, BellaP said:

Hi Amber, 

I live in Sydney and now I also need to collect Police Certificate for NVC process. Have you found out how to get the right Police Certificate? I am scared of checklist too :( 

Thanks for your help. 

Hi Bella, I had responses from those who have already received the visa and they said that fingerprints are not required unless requested and all that is needed is a full disclosure check from the AFP which is code 33 from memory. See attachments. You will be able to select that option when filing out the form on the AFP website. I received mine in the mail relatively quick also. Good luck! 

image.png

image.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 6/16/2017 at 8:26 AM, Florence & Jos said:

VM appreciating the effort you put in this. It's amazing what you made here.

I have a question:

The AMS embassy asks for proof of relation. I would show when I get there. Do I have to add the same to NVC package, you are sort of warning for in additional post? I read on NVC site you don't need to if you're filing I-864 and all other I-864# versions, except for I-864A. Thanks for your attention.

The proof of relationship is for the I-864A. That form is for the household member of the joint sponsor . If the joint sponsor does not meet the income requirements then they can add their income to a member of the households to meet it. In our case our joint sponsor had is wife fill it out. They used their marriage certificate to prove that they are married (relationship). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.