MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, baba jones said:

hello 

i have been passing through all your messages for a while,

i also got the ds5535 for after my interview they told me it will take 2 weeks to 3 months of course i was scared i was calling them every week and emailed they were just tell me to wait its on AP got 2 upadates after calling them, then exactly after 2 weeks i got a email from them saying my visa is ready but i was still on AP untill i got my visa then it turned to issued. you guys just relax i know its not easy bt ull get your visa 

wish you all the best dont forget to pray GOD.

Hello, 

Which type of visa and which embassy you applied from ?

23 hours ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

Thank you all for the kind words and advice.  We also got a g221 document request right after the interview which we sent over to them quickly. they then immediately sent us the DS5535. My senators office was also very helpful; then made several inquiries on my behalf which probably kept things moving along. 

I hope you all are right!! 

What do you think is it easy to approach a senator or congressman in US by petitioner who is also a US citizen and will it help in your case? 

28 minutes ago, Munazza said:

What do you think is it easy to approach a senator or congressman in US by petitioner who is also a US citizen and will it help in your case? 

It doesn't hurt. But in our case it hasn't helped.

Send them a letter. They will reply with a form you need to fill out so they can inquire on your behalf. Then they say to wait up to 30 days for a reply.

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 5/30/2018 at 6:57 AM, MO&RA said:

WOW! you're so lucky. 2 months is such a short time for AP compared to most people on this thread. They take their time to change the status on CEAC. No worries :) 

On 5/30/2018 at 10:32 AM, S.S said:

Congratulations. They dint get DS5535 i guess. People who are getting DS5535 are waiting for long.

On 5/30/2018 at 12:50 PM, Betty2626 said:

This is so good! Im happy you didn't have to wait longer.. So did they say it could take from 2 weeks to 3 months? Do you know if they sent your form to Washington DC for background checks? Were you approved at the interview or given 221g with DS5535? Where are you from? 

Dear all, to give you guys a quick update... our status changed from Administrative Processing to Application received today. it states:

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application."

Has anyone else seen this? is this normal?  Our case opened date also changed to today. I thought it would just go from AP to Ready then Issued. 

30 minutes ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

Dear all, to give you guys a quick update... our status changed from Administrative Processing to Application received today. it states:

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application."

Has anyone else seen this? is this normal?  Our case opened date also changed to today. I thought it would just go from AP to Ready then Issued. 

its not normal what i know is the status it always in application received afte you  done filling the ds160 or ds 260 form online its means you need to go for a interview so i suggest you to contact them and ask them what going on it might be a good news for you never know

Timeline
11 minutes ago, baba jones said:

its not normal what i know is the status it always in application received afte you  done filling the ds160 or ds 260 form online its means you need to go for a interview so i suggest you to contact them and ask them what going on it might be a good news for you never know

It seems that this has happened to several others on another forum.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
50 minutes ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

This is normal. Mine went from Administrative processing to Application received back to Administrative processing and then to issued

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

This is normal. Mine went from Administrative processing to Application received back to Administrative processing and then to issued

thank you Tarsha - How long did it take to go to from AR to AP and finally to  ISSUED?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
Just now, K-1Applicant2017 said:

thank you Tarsha - How long did it take to go to from AR to AP and finally to  ISSUED?

Returned Medical on a Monday. 

Turned to Application Received on Tuesday

Turned back to Administrative Processing Wednesday 

Turned to issued Thursday 

Visa in hand the following Monday 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

Returned Medical on a Monday. 

Turned to Application Received on Tuesday

Turned back to Administrative Processing Wednesday 

Turned to issued Thursday 

Visa in hand the following Monday 

Thank you. I hope ours is that quick too.

Hey guys.

I am originally from Kazakhstan, now studying in South Korea. I applied for B2 visa last year, in October, but it was denied. Then right after I reapplied and they gave me ds5535, it was December 5. I emailed them few times, but the answer always the same: your case is currently under AP. Last update was on december 6, since nothing new. I tried to email them again 2-3 weeks ago, but got the same answer. 

Dont know what to do, is there any possibility? Desperate. 

4 hours ago, Tolkyn said:

Hey guys.

I am originally from Kazakhstan, now studying in South Korea. I applied for B2 visa last year, in October, but it was denied. Then right after I reapplied and they gave me ds5535, it was December 5. I emailed them few times, but the answer always the same: your case is currently under AP. Last update was on december 6, since nothing new. I tried to email them again 2-3 weeks ago, but got the same answer. 

Dont know what to do, is there any possibility? Desperate. 

It's a desperate time for all of us. We are living in a world where foreign policy is created and dictated by a 2am Tweet.

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

53 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Anything new?? 

When I'm bored at my store, I day dream of selling my business, my house and assets and moving to my bride's country and start our new life there. The equity I have in my house would be enough to live well there. I'm originally Libyan (US Naturalized in 1992), and it's bad enough my family can't get visitor visas just to visit. But now it's been 16 months since I originally petitioned for my fiancee's K1 and still we wait with no answer.. So that's my life for now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.