MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, baba jones said:

i suggest you guys to call the ambassy to ask where your case have reached or if  you have any question or if you are not sure about sometihng because they cant call you, you are the one who need them so dont get tired to call becouse we dont really know what happens in this process maybe it take time because some of you dont inquire and are waiting them to call you like a boss.....

The consulate in Morocco is rude and refuses to give any extra info other than "it's in AP. We'll call you when it's ready." When we e-mail, we get a standard reply saying to call if the case isn't resolved in 60 days... They say the case is with another agency and they have no control over it. In more research it seems that they are doing a background check. But seeing as to how no one is getting their visa, we're sure her case is just in a room somewhere waiting.

As the petitioner I also tried to get an appointment last time I was in Morocco, but they refused to talk about anything with me that doesn't pertain to my needs. They will not talk to me about her visa case.

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 hours ago, MO&RA said:

WOW! you're so lucky. 2 months is such a short time for AP compared to most people on this thread. They take their time to change the status on CEAC. No worries :) 

4 hours ago, S.S said:

Congratulations. They dint get DS5535 i guess. People who are getting DS5535 are waiting for long.

3 hours ago, baba jones said:

hello 

i have been passing through all your messages for a while,

i also got the ds5535 for after my interview they told me it will take 2 weeks to 3 months of course i was scared i was calling them every week and emailed they were just tell me to wait its on AP got 2 upadates after calling them, then exactly after 2 weeks i got a email from them saying my visa is ready but i was still on AP untill i got my visa then it turned to issued. you guys just relax i know its not easy bt ull get your visa 

wish you all the best dont forget to pray GOD.

Thank you all for the kind words and advice.  We also got a g221 document request right after the interview which we sent over to them quickly. they then immediately sent us the DS5535. My senators office was also very helpful; then made several inquiries on my behalf which probably kept things moving along. 

I hope you all are right!! 

2 hours ago, Betty2626 said:

This is so good! Im happy you didn't have to wait longer.. So did they say it could take from 2 weeks to 3 months? Do you know if they sent your form to Washington DC for background checks? Were you approved at the interview or given 221g with DS5535? Where are you from? 

yes they told me 2weeks to 3 months, yes they told me they sent it in DC was calling them but kept saying it still under  AP i hav to wait, the visa officer did told me i was approved she just gave me the form and told you cant get your visa today its temporally denied due to administrative process i filled it out then gave her the same day...

1 hour ago, ibnfawzi said:

The consulate in Morocco is rude and refuses to give any extra info other than "it's in AP. We'll call you when it's ready." When we e-mail, we get a standard reply saying to call if the case isn't resolved in 60 days... They say the case is with another agency and they have no control over it. In more research it seems that they are doing a background check. But seeing as to how no one is getting their visa, we're sure her case is just in a room somewhere waiting.

As the petitioner I also tried to get an appointment last time I was in Morocco, but they refused to talk about anything with me that doesn't pertain to my needs. They will not talk to me about her visa case.

sorry but it will be okay dont worry 

but every body who got the ds5535 it means you will get your visa as long as you are not in trouble or not talking or posting bad stuff in social media or in the internet because they dont give the ds553 to people who they cant give visa. so if you are clean in the internet you have no trouble dont worry you will get your visa its just a matter of time be patient you will get a call wish you guys all the best peace

15 hours ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

Hello all - My fiancé has been in AP for about 2 months on a K1 visa. We just received an email from the embassy 2 days ago: 

"We are pleased to inform you that visa is approved.

To avoid any delays in final processing of your visa, you are required to promptly submit your passport along with two new photos (5×5 cm) through our courier service (UMAKS, 27 Amiryan Street, Yerevan), Monday through Friday, 09:00 to 18:00, excluding Armenian holidays..."

I believe they received her passport this morning but the status still says Administrative Processing on ceac.  Has this happened to anyone else? 

Congrats. Thats really a good news. Please pray for us as well.

2 hours ago, baba jones said:

yes they told me 2weeks to 3 months, yes they told me they sent it in DC was calling them but kept saying it still under  AP i hav to wait, the visa officer did told me i was approved she just gave me the form and told you cant get your visa today its temporally denied due to administrative process i filled it out then gave her the same day...

Congrats. Thats great news. Please pray for all of us as well.

11 hours ago, Saeed khn said:

Shazyyo , if you remember I have been on this forum for last 5 months..

today my mom got a call after 5 months in AP..

she is being asked wether she is ready to go. She said yes and was told to receive passport in 3 days.

Now I am not sure wether they are sending passport for medical or sending her visa.

her medical is going to expire in 20 days...

If they asked her about her intention to go to USA right away before the medical expires then they would be sending her visa definitely in 3 days and she has to leave in within 10-15 days. Lets see what happens but the good news is that they contacted your mother.  Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.