MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

We must hold down the fort a little longer, relief will come soon.

I wish they'd make exceptions for spousal and fiancé visas, because unlike other visa categories, this is not something one can ignore or let happen in the background :(. But... It is what it is.

Hug your loved ones tightly when you see them, or tell them how much you'd want to,  over video chat. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
27 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

We must hold down the fort a little longer, relief will come soon.

I wish they'd make exceptions for spousal and fiancé visas, because unlike other visa categories, this is not something one can ignore or let happen in the background :(. But... It is what it is.

Hug your loved ones tightly when you see them, or tell them how much you'd want to,  over video chat. 

or at least for people that have infants in the US and they are trying to join them for support.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ali-f said:

or at least for people that have infants in the US and they are trying to join them for support.

i have a 5 year old that misses her dad every single day an that is the hardest part we as adults understand an take it day by day but the little ones don't they just miss there other parent that is not with them....every day I pray to god that the status changes but its always the same thing when I open the page AP :(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
10 hours ago, asc1016_ said:

i have a 5 year old that misses her dad every single day an that is the hardest part we as adults understand an take it day by day but the little ones don't they just miss there other parent that is not with them....every day I pray to god that the status changes but its always the same thing when I open the page AP :(

Same situation here i have a 8 & 12 years old. I am trying to raise them up and teach them via whats app and video calls since 28 months!!! If i did not have kids, it would still be hard but not as much. I pray for all of us to get united with our families soon.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mohammed1406 said:

I try to check my status I could not access anyone had same problem.

@Mohammed1406 yes ive been trying to check status an it tells me the code I entered is wrong what is it telling you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So is this correct that no visa has been issued in the past 3 months for those 7 banned countries? (CR1,...). Is it like no visa until July new decision??

Edited by letitgo

39 minutes ago, letitgo said:

So is this correct that no visa has been issued in the past 3 months for those 7 banned countries? (CR1,...). Is it like no visa until July new decision??

Could you clarify? Do you mean the countries from the travel ban? I see that you are from Canada, were you born in one of those countries? 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

Could you clarify? Do you mean the countries from the travel ban? I see that you are from Canada, were you born in one of those countries? 

Yes I am originally from one of those countries. I had the interview on October and the officer asked for my resume and later got an email with DS-5535. But from another group and also from wherever I am checking on one got visa from one of those countries after Dec 8th. They say (people in the group) there wont be any visa issued until the final decision on July (for ban countries). I am not sure if that is true? Even though I am Canadian and been living here for more than 10 years but apparently I fall under those ban countries and I have not idea how long it will take. I had no updates on my case so far and I cannot find anyone in similar situation. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. do you guys think I should hire and attorney? Does that help? The embassy doesn't give me any answer I just receive typical reply.

15 minutes ago, letitgo said:

Yes I am originally from one of those countries. I had the interview on October and the officer asked for my resume and later got an email with DS-5535. But from another group and also from wherever I am checking on one got visa from one of those countries after Dec 8th. They say (people in the group) there wont be any visa issued until the final decision on July (for ban countries). I am not sure if that is true? Even though I am Canadian and been living here for more than 10 years but apparently I fall under those ban countries and I have not idea how long it will take. I had no updates on my case so far and I cannot find anyone in similar situation. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. do you guys think I should hire and attorney? Does that help? The embassy doesn't give me any answer I just receive typical reply.

I'm sorry you're facing such uncertainty. Your assumptions are logical. Perhaps they're waiting on a decision in July. There was a case I saw in the form of a woman who was allowed a waiver--or the possibility of one (I don't quite remember) - - because she was the beneficiary of a CR1,but this was in mid 2017... It was during the first or second ban.... Things could be different now. 

Hiring a lawyer wouldn't do anything, aside from seeking legal advice or understanding of the process (which you could aquire by yourself) . I don't think a lawyer would speedup the process unfortunately  :(. 

But you know what, "hope for the best and expect the worst", and the worst is that you'll get an answer in July. For what it's worth, you have a deadline and some perspective. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

I'm sorry you're facing such uncertainty. Your assumptions are logical. Perhaps they're waiting on a decision in July. There was a case I saw in the form of a woman who was allowed a waiver--or the possibility of one (I don't quite remember) - - because she was the beneficiary of a CR1,but this was in mid 2017... It was during the first or second ban.... Things could be different now. 

Hiring a lawyer wouldn't do anything, aside from seeking legal advice or understanding of the process (which you could aquire by yourself) . I don't think a lawyer would speedup the process unfortunately  :(. 

But you know what, "hope for the best and expect the worst", and the worst is that you'll get an answer in July. For what it's worth, you have a deadline and some perspective. 

Thank you very much. Hope we all hear something soon. Appreciate it.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mohammed1406 said:

Hello dear now it is working still my visa AP

I still haven't been able to check its still telling the same thing :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.