MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 2/8/2018 at 8:12 PM, Tarsha said:

Yes, that’s the new vetting form (security check) 

On 2/8/2018 at 9:40 PM, YooJin said:

I was asked same form. I have the question. What is a handle? Is it passwords for emails and social platforms? Because I have not submitted passwords...

My understanding is that the 221g is the standard administrative processing form that has been around a long time. I remember getting one in 2013 for the tourist visa. It can be given for a lot of reasons.

The 5535 was administered starting in spring 2017 and expired at the end of November. However it is still being given. 

We were not given the 5535 but still asked for email addresses and social media handles.

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, 99balloons said:

Your consulate/embassy (Juarez) actually answers a phone? The African embassy I have to deal with not only does not have phone to call.  they do not give a ####### if you have to travel to DOS country designated zone 4 (travel and die) . Which I did 5 times since I married my husband. And I am an American citizen of different race and national origin.  I guess almost 4 years of processing our case and us not being welfare cases is making their heads explode. Happy Valentine's day, everyone. May your spouses come soon. And me (4 years into this nonsense almost) so angry ready to take all our money (not trivial) and move to the Azores that we went to in 2016 just to live our life together without some fricking government telling us when we can be together. Me Chicago. Him Bamako. You do the map. You can't sue US embassy for abusing you even if you can afford it. Likewise you cant ask them to spend more than 5 seconds on your case even if you submitted every document in triplicate.  That really needs to change.

@99balloonsthis makes me very sad I understand your frustration not being to be with your loved one especially when you want to do things the right way I have a 5 year old son that misses hes dad very much but at the end of the day all we can do is wait wait wait an wait happy valentines to you an everyone here!!!!

Had interview on 7th Feb at US embassy Islamabad, all went good, CO said ur docs are ok n thumbed up for us then he turned to my under cspa son who is 21, n said u will get email around 2.00 today, reply instantly, he did . That was ds5535 . Three updates continously after interview. My category is f3, already waited such long n now this AP :(.. I need to ask is there any confirmation we get after sending email as we didnt get any.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Had interview on 7th Feb at US embassy Islamabad, all went good, CO said ur docs are ok n thumbed up for us then he turned to my under cspa son who is 21, n said u will get email around 2.00 today, reply instantly, he did . That was ds5535 . Three updates continously after interview. My category is f3, already waited such long n now this AP :(.. I need to ask is there any confirmation we get after sending email as we didnt get any.

sorry to hear that! we are all in the same boat, i am away of my wife and 2 kids for 2.5 years now and same thing happened with me on Feb 5th.

i sent my DS-5535 and didnt get a confirmation also.

19 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Don't worry just pray to God...everything will be alright. I dont think they give any kind of confirmation. I didn't get any confirmation email after sending that questionnaire back to them. My interview was on 20th september 2017. Still there is no news. Status remained ready.. Till 16 November. After that it changed to Administrative processing. Almost 5 months have passed. My mother is in USA. I m dying to meet her. It's been 5 years, i haven't seen her. Hoping for the best

6 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Don't worry just pray to God...everything will be alright. I dont think they give any kind of confirmation. I didn't get any confirmation email after sending that questionnaire back to them. My interview was on 20th september 2017. Still there is no news. Status remained ready.. Till 16 November. After that it changed to Administrative processing. Almost 5 months have passed. My mother is in USA. I m dying to meet her. It's been 5 years, i haven't seen her. Hoping for the best

Lets see.. we were also given 221g at the spot of interview even not asked for any documents still ticked on need additional docs, guess it was about ds5535

11 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Lets see.. we were also given 221g at the spot of interview even not asked for any documents still ticked on need additional docs, guess it was about ds5535

5 minutes ago, Munazza said:

In which country do you live? Pakistan? My interview went great. You wont believe but Visa officer told me that I am approved and i can get back my passport in 4-5 days. No 221g and No additional processing was required. I was very happy and i left my university in October. And now this is happening. In November they sent me an email having that questionnaire form Ds5535 and still there is no news on my visa 

1 minute ago, Shazyyo said:

In which country do you live? Pakistan? My interview went great. You wont believe but Visa officer told me that I am approved and i can get back my passport in 4-5 days. No 221g and No additional processing was required. I was very happy and i left my university in October. And now this is happening. In November they sent me an email having that questionnaire form Ds5535 and still there is no news on my visa 

Oh thats terrible, how can they do it.. means everything they can do to us :( .. yes am frm Pakistan and u n which category??

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Munazza said:

That is too frustrating.. ruined all ur plans..

its very hard for all of us as adults.... But, with kids its a disaster. They are depressed and sad, they are so attached to me. I wish the Immigration authorities would consider such cases. They have been counting the days through my process till the day of the interview (28 months). 

Last week after the interview i had to file my DS-5535 and status is AP.  Now, we have to wait again!! But we do not know for how long!!. i have no idea what to tell my kids this time.

Hopefully this nightmare will end soon and we all meet our loved ones.

1 hour ago, Ali-f said:

its very hard for all of us as adults.... But, with kids its a disaster. They are depressed and sad, they are so attached to me. I wish the Immigration authorities would consider such cases. They have been counting the days through my process till the day of the interview (28 months). 

Last week after the interview i had to file my DS-5535 and status is AP.  Now, we have to wait again!! But we do not know for how long!!. i have no idea what to tell my kids this time.

Hopefully this nightmare will end soon and we all meet our loved ones.

Ameen .. let us know when hear something. There should be a certain time frame of each category of This AP thing..Its just like a black hole

4 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

I m so sad.. I have left my studies and now nothing good seem to be happening. I m also from Pakistan. My case was asylum case

Many in here have had the same happen to them, myself included. You get verbal approval, and what was supposed to be a week, turns into months of  waiting. But that's okay, because all in all, it's just a delay. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.