zach21uk

Do I have everything I need for my embassy interview?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I have my final interview coming up at the US Embassy in Nicosia in 5 days on June 9th and I want to be 100% certain that I have every possible document with me that I could need.  I am going to list out everything that I have and would appreciate if someone could let me know if I am missing anything.

I have:

• A copy of my appointment letter.
  • Sealed medical results from approved embassy doctor.
  • Original versions of two affidavits of support, from my wife and a supporting affidavit from her Uncle.
    • Tax Returns, W2's and IRS Transcripts for 2014, 2015 and 2016 for the Supporting Affidavit from Uncle.
      • Notarized Photo ID for both my wife's uncle AND his wife who was part of his affidavit of support.
    • A signed statement from my wife stating that she does not currently file taxes in the US due to not working.
  • Original marriage certificate plus certified copy.
  • Original criminal clearence reports (plus copies) from all three countries that I have lived in (UK, Cyprus & Serbia) all of which are less than 6 months old.
  • On the subject of maintaining domicile and intent to re-establish domicile (as my wife lives with me currently in Cyprus):
    • A copy of my wifes US voter registration card + original
    • A copy of my wifes recent bank account statements
    • A letter from my wifes university stating that she can continue her bachelors degree in the US.
    • A letter from a shipping company regarding shipment of our belongings to the US
    • A letter from a Pet Travel Agent regarding arrangements for transport of our two cats to the US
      • Photocopies of both pet passports and associated documents
  • On the subject of what I intend to do for work in the US and how I will support myself (I am a self employed):
    • A signed statement from myself stating that I am self employed and that my work is unaffected by my geographical location and will continue in the US.
    • Photocopies of letters from several of my clients (on letter-head paper) providing an overview of our ongoing work, earnings to date, etc.
    • Certified statements from my bank stating the current balance of our (me and my wife) joint savings accounts (aprx $85000 dollars).
    • Print outs of emails between me and an accountant in the US that I have hired to register me as an LLC in the US once the green card is issued.
  • 5 passport sized photos (US sized) WITHOUT my glasses on (as required by current rules).
  • Copies of my passport and my wifes passport.
  • Copies of my wifes Florida State ID card.

I literally cannot think of anything else to bring. 

Should I also bring copiees of photographs that we submitted to USCIS with our original paperwork, which we included as "proof" of our relationship?  We had included a selection of photos from when we were dating, our wedding, vacations after we got married, et cetera.

Have we missed anything?!  We really don't want to screw this up.

Thank you so much for any answers provided.

Zach & Liz.

January 15th 2012: Met my future wife online.

November 12th 2014: Married in Paphos, Cyprus.

April 25th 2016: I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox.

May 20th 2016: I-130 returned due to problems with check.

May 23rd 2016: I-130 mailed to relative in California to insert check.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

May 31st 2016: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox via USPS.

June 4th 2016: NOA1 received by Email with May 31st acceptance date.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

October 18th 2016: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

December 19th 2016: Marco Rubios' office replied.

December 30th 2016: NOA2 Received by Email. Case Approved.

January 8th 2017: Case sent to Department of State (NVC)

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

January 20th 2017: DS-261 completed online and AOS fees of $120.00 paid.

January 31st 2017: IV fee of $320.00 paid.

February 22nd 2017: Documents recieved by NVC (FedEx confirmation).

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

June 16th 2017: Passport back from US Embassy.  Flying to JFK on June 20th!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It looks good to me, but for re-establishing domicile intent there's not much showing she actually will...Like a job offer or/and an apartment.

K-1:
06/08/2016: I-129F Sent

06/16/2016: Check cashed

08/23/2016: Approval

09/09/2016: At the Stockholm Embassy

09/28/2016: Embassy received completed medical

09/29/2016: Interview date, APPROVAL 

10/14/2016: Visa ISSUED

10/17/2016: Visa received

AOS
12/22/2016: I-485, I-131, I-765 Sent

01/10/2017: Check cashed

02/03/2017: Biometrics completed

04/17/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/20/2018: I-485 Interview letter received

02/01/2018: I-485 Interview, APPROVAL 

Timeline
10 hours ago, s + j said:

It looks good to me, but for re-establishing domicile intent there's not much showing she actually will...Like a job offer or/and an apartment.

Well, she has a year left on her bachelors degree so she is not going to be working for at least a year.  As for an apartment, we plan to fly in and stay at an Airbnb for 7 days whilst we view a shortlist of apartments that we have already made.

I will print out some emails that we have already had with some of the various apartment places.  Hopefully that will be enough.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
7 hours ago, zach21uk said:

Well, she has a year left on her bachelors degree so she is not going to be working for at least a year.  As for an apartment, we plan to fly in and stay at an Airbnb for 7 days whilst we view a shortlist of apartments that we have already made.

I will print out some emails that we have already had with some of the various apartment places.  Hopefully that will be enough.

That's a good idea. Maybe print out the confirmation for the place you're staying at also.

Also another thing to think about is the fact that it says *can* continue. It doesn't say she WILL and IS GOING TO. Maybe see if they can provide a class schedule? Or a paper stating she has to be back at this point and this time?

K-1:
06/08/2016: I-129F Sent

06/16/2016: Check cashed

08/23/2016: Approval

09/09/2016: At the Stockholm Embassy

09/28/2016: Embassy received completed medical

09/29/2016: Interview date, APPROVAL 

10/14/2016: Visa ISSUED

10/17/2016: Visa received

AOS
12/22/2016: I-485, I-131, I-765 Sent

01/10/2017: Check cashed

02/03/2017: Biometrics completed

04/17/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/20/2018: I-485 Interview letter received

02/01/2018: I-485 Interview, APPROVAL 

Timeline
1 hour ago, luviscoming1 said:

What about proof of relationship, such as chat logs and pictures of each you two visiting each other?

We have been living together for the last 2½ years here in Cyprus and my wife is still here with me.  She will not be heading back to the US before me; we plan to head there together.

So in terms of proof of relationship, we have a joint savings account and an almost endless supply of selfies and photos of ourselves travelling et cetera.

Not sure what else we can show.   This is pretty much what we sent to USCIS and NVC.

Any suggestions?

Timeline
On 04/06/2017 at 7:43 PM, s + j said:

That's a good idea. Maybe print out the confirmation for the place you're staying at also.

Also another thing to think about is the fact that it says *can* continue. It doesn't say she WILL and IS GOING TO. Maybe see if they can provide a class schedule? Or a paper stating she has to be back at this point and this time?

No confirmations yet as they specifically say not to book anything (flights or otherwise) until the green card is approved!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 6/3/2017 at 5:38 PM, zach21uk said:

Hi Everyone,

I have my final interview coming up at the US Embassy in Nicosia in 5 days on June 9th and I want to be 100% certain that I have every possible document with me that I could need.  I am going to list out everything that I have and would appreciate if someone could let me know if I am missing anything.

I have:

• A copy of my appointment letter.
  • Sealed medical results from approved embassy doctor.
  • Original versions of two affidavits of support, from my wife and a supporting affidavit from her Uncle.
    • Tax Returns, W2's and IRS Transcripts for 2014, 2015 and 2016 for the Supporting Affidavit from Uncle.
      • Notarized Photo ID for both my wife's uncle AND his wife who was part of his affidavit of support.
    • A signed statement from my wife stating that she does not currently file taxes in the US due to not working.
  • Original marriage certificate plus certified copy.
  • Original criminal clearence reports (plus copies) from all three countries that I have lived in (UK, Cyprus & Serbia) all of which are less than 6 months old.
  • On the subject of maintaining domicile and intent to re-establish domicile (as my wife lives with me currently in Cyprus):
    • A copy of my wifes US voter registration card + original
    • A copy of my wifes recent bank account statements
    • A letter from my wifes university stating that she can continue her bachelors degree in the US.
    • A letter from a shipping company regarding shipment of our belongings to the US
    • A letter from a Pet Travel Agent regarding arrangements for transport of our two cats to the US
      • Photocopies of both pet passports and associated documents
  • On the subject of what I intend to do for work in the US and how I will support myself (I am a self employed):
    • A signed statement from myself stating that I am self employed and that my work is unaffected by my geographical location and will continue in the US.
    • Photocopies of letters from several of my clients (on letter-head paper) providing an overview of our ongoing work, earnings to date, etc.
    • Certified statements from my bank stating the current balance of our (me and my wife) joint savings accounts (aprx $85000 dollars).
    • Print outs of emails between me and an accountant in the US that I have hired to register me as an LLC in the US once the green card is issued.
  • 5 passport sized photos (US sized) WITHOUT my glasses on (as required by current rules).
  • Copies of my passport and my wifes passport.
  • Copies of my wifes Florida State ID card.

I literally cannot think of anything else to bring. 

Should I also bring copiees of photographs that we submitted to USCIS with our original paperwork, which we included as "proof" of our relationship?  We had included a selection of photos from when we were dating, our wedding, vacations after we got married, et cetera.

Have we missed anything?!  We really don't want to screw this up.

Thank you so much for any answers provided.

Zach & Liz.

hi, I think you have everything, I will give you an advice that my coworker gave me, bring the documents very organize in folders with a check list matching every document in order do it simple for them , get a nice album with a unique touch, they LOVE that , good luck 😉😉😉😉😉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

that is sooo true...we gave the CO a plastic folder with two pockets and one side labeled "Documents" and the other side labeled "Proof of Relationship".  Then I typed up a cover sheet for the each side indicating in order what's included.  Then on the front cover (because my folder had a front window cover) I typed our names with Case # and Interview date.  It looked really professional and very organized. 

They already provide you a personalized checklist of all that's required for your interview, so I put that check list on the "Document" side of the folder. 

Good Luck!  and wishing you the best.  Let us know how you make out.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
22 hours ago, zach21uk said:

No confirmations yet as they specifically say not to book anything (flights or otherwise) until the green card is approved!

You are seeking approval of an immigrant visa, not a green card.  Once you have the visa, pay the new immigrant fee, and enter the USA using the immigrant visa, the green card production will be ordered and you'll receive it in the mail.  You must pay the fee and successfully be admitted to the USA before being entitled to any green card.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
8 hours ago, luviscoming1 said:

that is sooo true...we gave the CO a plastic folder with two pockets and one side labeled "Documents" and the other side labeled "Proof of Relationship".  Then I typed up a cover sheet for the each side indicating in order what's included.  Then on the front cover (because my folder had a front window cover) I typed our names with Case # and Interview date.  It looked really professional and very organized. 

They already provide you a personalized checklist of all that's required for your interview, so I put that check list on the "Document" side of the folder. 

Good Luck!  and wishing you the best.  Let us know how you make out.

oh wow, how nice, you gave me more ideas for my file when it's time for husband interwiew he is going by himself so I will do it for him , doing this paperwork it's interesting, I never thought I would like to prepare in migration paperwork , all in the name of love lol 😍😍😍 

Timeline

Shortest interview ever.  20 minutes at one window to make sure all the paperwork was in order, then literally 3 minutes with the consular office who asked me like 3 questions and then said "You're all set!".  I was like "Thats it?!".

They took my passport and said it should be done in around a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.