2,532 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

@AliaAlia congrats!!!! 

What is the date of the update "change of address"? Yesterday I called USCIS to check on my case (still pending) and the latest thing they could see was a "change of address". I did change my address but more than 3 months ago and the update they saw was dated 06/26...  :-( 

On 7/16/2018 at 9:56 AM, SparkyShark said:

"New Card Is Being Produced"!

Status updated on USCIS site yesterday. I'll update the spreadsheet again when I get the card.

Gonna wait to apply for the N400 and instead spend some relatively stress-free time with Mrs SparkyShark for a couple of years! I'll be back though!

Thanks everyone for your support, and all the best for your future :)

Congratulations......

On 7/18/2018 at 7:49 AM, phem0r said:

Congrats! I got the "We are producing your card and will mail it to you" yesterday and then today i got "We approved your case".

Guessing they updated the system in the wrong order heh..

Congrats.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 hours ago, girl123 said:

@AliaAlia congrats!!!! 

What is the date of the update "change of address"? Yesterday I called USCIS to check on my case (still pending) and the latest thing they could see was a "change of address". I did change my address but more than 3 months ago and the update they saw was dated 06/26...  :-( 

The date for the "address change" was 6/27. I hope this was just a glitch on their end because I certainly didn't request for an address change!

I did however made an inquiry on my case on 6/11 though!

Update: My egov.uscis.gov account has been updated with "Case was approved" today

USCIS.PNG

K1 Visa:

11-07-2012: I-129F sent

05-31-2013: Packet 3 received

10-23-2013: Packet 3 sent

11-19-2013: Interview

04-07-2014: POE Boston

05-07-2014: Got married after 12 years of LDR! :dancing:

AOS:

10-10-2014: Filed (together with combo EAD/AP)

10-27-2014: NOA received

12-10-2014: Request for Initial Evidence (RFI) received

11-12-2014: Biometrics Appt

02-03-2015: RFI received by USCIS

02-25-2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case letter received

(completely forgot): GC received. Resident since 07/04/2015.

5 hours ago, AliaAlia said:

Filed on June 7, 2017

Finally received an approval AND they're producing my card and will mail it to me notification on July 18, 2018.

Also, a bit concerning that when I logged into https://egov.uscis.gov/  I get this mumbo jumbo updates about address change  where I certainly did not request for it. Should I be concerned that they'll deliver my card to a different address?

Congratulations.....

11 minutes ago, AliaAlia said:

The date for the "address change" was 6/27. I hope this was just a glitch on their end because I certainly didn't request for an address change!

I did however made an inquiry on my case on 6/11 though!

Update: My egov.uscis.gov account has been updated with "Case was approved" today

"address change" maybe just like "name change" update,  we read it by the wording, but uscis may have different meaning for it

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys,

I am confused: on the  https://egov.uscis.gov/  says "card being produced" but on the case history it says "We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, and we are working on your case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you." so I don't know whether to be happy or not...also if I check my case status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do without signing up into my account I can only see "new card is being produced".... I have been so nervous and anxious about all of this that I doubt everything...did anyone else get this weird "contradictory" information between the status and the case history?

Also on my.uscis.gov it still says "We have received your case" and it is dated February 27, 2018 (which is an odd date!).

Edit: I just saw that @AliaAlia has the same update on "case history"....

I797: 06/19/2017 - EAC17263**** - VSC 

Edited by girl123

22 minutes ago, girl123 said:

Hello guys,

I am confused: on the  https://egov.uscis.gov/  says "card being produced" but on the case history it says "We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, and we are working on your case. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you." so I don't know whether to be happy or not...also if I check my case status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do without signing up into my account I can only see "new card is being produced".... I have been so nervous and anxious about all of this that I doubt everything...did anyone else get this weird "contradictory" information between the status and the case history?

Also on my.uscis.gov it still says "We have received your case" and it is dated February 27, 2018 (which is an odd date!).

Edit: I just saw that @AliaAlia has the same update on "case history"....

I797: 06/19/2017 - EAC17263**** - VSC 

come on, just relax, you will receive your card within a week or 10 days

we received card for a while, the dhs.gov or uscis.gov are still we received your form i-751, blah blah 

Edited by gc@gc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 7/19/2018 at 10:20 AM, AliaAlia said:

Filed on June 7, 2017

Finally received an approval AND they're producing my card and will mail it to me notification on July 18, 2018.

Also, a bit concerning that when I logged into https://egov.uscis.gov/  I get this mumbo jumbo updates about address change  where I certainly did not request for it. Should I be concerned that they'll deliver my card to a different address?

Just an update on this: I received the NOA dated 7/18 of approval AT my current address. So I don't need to worry about the "address change" update on egov site.

Edited by AliaAlia
K1 Visa:

11-07-2012: I-129F sent

05-31-2013: Packet 3 received

10-23-2013: Packet 3 sent

11-19-2013: Interview

04-07-2014: POE Boston

05-07-2014: Got married after 12 years of LDR! :dancing:

AOS:

10-10-2014: Filed (together with combo EAD/AP)

10-27-2014: NOA received

12-10-2014: Request for Initial Evidence (RFI) received

11-12-2014: Biometrics Appt

02-03-2015: RFI received by USCIS

02-25-2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case letter received

(completely forgot): GC received. Resident since 07/04/2015.

4 hours ago, MadeForEachOther_ said:

Hello All,

I am submitting my Application for N-400 this weekend, and have a quick question. So if you have an answer to my question , then please reply as soon as possible, it will help me get clarification. I have chosen to apply via paper mode and not online.

I immigrated to USA at the age of 36 years on the basis of marriage to my US citizen wife. Selective Service does not apply to me since I never resided in this country between the age of 18 and 26 (this is a must required for Selective Service).

Now, my question is: do I have to call Selective Service at their given number (1-847-688-6888), explain my status to them and obtain a 'Status Information Letter' from them ? Do I have to submit that Status Information Letter in my Application package for N-400 ? As, in the Document Checklist, it mentions that if you did not register, then submit a status information letter ?

Or, should a letter explaining why I did not contact Selective Service, with my signature at bottom of it, will be sufficient for USCIS? (Since, I never resided in USA between age of 18 and 26). Will my personal written letter addressed to USCIS be sufficient, or, a Status Information Letter from Selective Service is a 'must submit' ???

Please reply at your earliest.

You need to ask Selective Services to provide you with written proof that you first entered the USA after your 26th birthday and as such you were not required to register by law.  Then send it with your application.

1 hour ago, Tar999 said:

You need to ask Selective Services to provide you with written proof that you first entered the USA after your 26th birthday and as such you were not required to register by law.  Then send it with your application.

Thanks a lot.Appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.