10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi guys I have a question my son and my wife waiting 7 months for interview for citizenship test our office is on long Island NY. On Imigration website we find out that them case is in line for interview over month already. Du anyone know how long it takes to get test appointment thanks in advance for your help,  maybe some of you have a similar experience. 

Wait time from being placed inline to receiving interview letter is typically 3 months, with another month until the actual interview.  However, this is very heavily dependent on your field office handling your interview and their workload.  Some field offices move a lot quicker, some move slower.  I have no idea how it is for the Long Island field office, so hopefully someone who does or who has gone through the same office as you can shed light on that.

barata-gif-3.gif

1 minute ago, Sylwio30 said:

Yes about month and a half 

Ok, thanks. I  have been inline since 11/17/16., I think my field office is slower than many from what I've seen.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Wow you are really back up when I did my citizenship last year my status in line for interview was changed in 2 weeks that why I am  concern about my family 

1 minute ago, Sylwio30 said:

Wow you are really back up when I did my citizenship last year my status in line for interview was changed in 2 weeks that why I am  concern about my family 

There are people who filed in August who are still waiting.

Remember there has been an election. A lot of people filed before, in hopes of being able to vote. A lot of people filed after, worried that there may be changes to immigration. There was a problem with ELIS application as well. So, backlogged.

Quite a lot can change in a year.

Edited by cdneh

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, cdneh said:

There are people who filed in August who are still waiting.

Remember there has been an election. A lot of people filed before, in hopes of being able to vote. A lot of people filed after, worried that there may be changes to immigration. There was a problem with ELIS application as well. So, backlogged.

Quite a lot can change in a year.

Hopefully it's going to be change for better

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.