Jump to content

K1 visa applicant--- newbie.

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello ..

1. What did you guys use in assembling your packet, was it folder or binder? What is the size of the photo that being printed ?

2. I am a filipina and my fiance is american. Now, he used to work overseas for like 7 years ago this year, do we still need to include this in G-325A (the part of the form that talks about the work in overseas_?

3. Is this the right address ? this is for my intent to marry lettwr and when we send our packet.


United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest placing it in a clear folder and clipping it together with an appropriate sized document clip on the upper left side.  You want it to be well organized but not is a form that during processing makes it difficult to pull out individual pages.   I would suggest also that you may want to include a cover sheet after the form I129F that includes a table of contents that shows what other documents are attached and this may be particularly useful if you intend to front load you application (recommended) with proof of relationship to make you interview potentially easier.  As for photos and receipts... My (now) wife kept all of those with her and brought the originals to the interview with her.  We made copies of everything and included them in the package with captions before the scanned and printed pictures describing what they were and why they were significant in our relationship...  We also added a page number in the lower right and referenced each section in our 'table of contents'   All in all our 'proof of relationship section had about 19 pages' and chronicled the development and growth of our relationship...  This was MAJOR overkill for us and would be for 99% of the couples as well but in our case we enjoyed the process of putting together the 'story' of our relationship and it provided a nice keepsake as well.  

As for the G235A the enployment history asked for 5 years..  so employment abroad 7 years ago is likely not required but putting it in with a date isn't going to hurt so why not include it. 

That is the correct address... Make sure that your future husband has a copy of your intent to marry letter and includes it in the package... NOT that you send it separately.  You should have only ONE mailing to USCIS unless you are unfortunate and get an RFE.  But your intent to marry letter should be included in the package and not sent separately.  

Best of luck... The guides here on Visa Journey is what we used and everything went without a hitch... Have your husband double and triple check everything before he sends the package and make sure you also are familiar with the package.. Good luck with your Visa Journey

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Personally, I would just use a binder clip for the package as USCIS will need to disassemble the package to make copies, etc., so no need to make their job more difficult.

2) If you are using the latest I129F form (April 2017) you do not need to file G325As for either party as this information is now included on the I129F form.  As to your specific question about employment history, if the overseas job ended more than 5 years ago, no need to mention it.

3) Yes, as JE57 stated, this is the correct address.


Good Luck! 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used nothing.  No binder clips, no folder.  It will all just be tossed aside.  I simply stacked up the papers, one on top another, in order of my cover sheet and slid the stack into a large envelope.  Mailed it just like that, no problems.  Photos were 4x6 or 5x7 copied onto white copy paper.  Did exact same thing for AOS.

Keep it simple.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bill &Katya... We use the latest one from USCIS (Expires :08/31/2018). So we dont need to fill up the G-325A then?

Additional question .. since my Fiance is divorce, do we have to put all the pages of the divorce decree or just the top page that shows the when and where it was terminated? thank you.this group have been very helpful to us

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.