krizia

Common RFE's for 2017 K1

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! April filer here, case has been active for 28 days now, time flies so fast and getting more frustrated and impatient. But we are all in the same shoes - waiting. 

For those who had RFE, for 2017 filer, what are the RFE's you got? How long it takes till you get approved after you submitted the documents needed. 

Comment down! Appreciate it 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

2 hours ago, krizia said:

Hi guys! April filer here, case has been active for 28 days now, time flies so fast and getting more frustrated and impatient. But we are all in the same shoes - waiting. 

For those who had RFE, for 2017 filer, what are the RFE's you got? How long it takes till you get approved after you submitted the documents needed. 

Comment down! Appreciate it 

28 days is nothing. You'd definitely better learn some patience you have a long way to go! 

Good luck!!! Most RFE'S for k1 are little things missing a box or a form somewhere. 

Timeline

Our RFE was due to a missed checkbox (yes or no) on the i129f form. The RFE date was April 14. My fiance received the mail April 22, he mailed it back same day. Our RFE response was received April 26. We got our NOA2 in the mail the other day May 13 NOA2 date is May 8. It took 122 days for our petition to be approved. It's only been a month for you. Keep yourself busy because honestly, that's all you can do really . 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

28 days is nothing. You'd definitely better learn some patience you have a long way to go! 

Good luck!!! Most RFE'S for k1 are little things missing a box or a form somewhere. 

I know and I prepared myself for the long wait! 😊😊😊because at the end I know it's gonna be worth it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
14 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Got our noa2 in about 90 days last week . Expect at least some kind of a longer wait period. No RFE's. Triple checked application and "front loaded" it heavy, organized w cover letter to make it easy for review for the USCIS officer.

7 minutes ago, Lenchique said:

Got our noa2 in about 90 days last week . Expect at least some kind of a longer wait period. No RFE's. Triple checked application and "front loaded" it heavy, organized w cover letter to make it easy for review for the USCIS officer.

Agree! I used folders and labeled it. Don't just send a stack of papers. (I know people probably do) 

Also, put your packet together and check it again after you wake up fresh! It definitely helps. 

Edited by Redheadguy03

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

Agree! I used folders and labeled it. Don't just send a stack of papers. (I know people probably do) 

Also, put your packet together and check it again after you wake up fresh! It definitely helps. 

Yes to double-checking, no to folders. Folders are strongly discouraged because it increases the workload for the CO (all papers need to come out and be scanned). Using a cover-letter and organizing the paperwork accordingly is preferred. Use simple binder clips to hold the stack of documents together.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/15/2017 at 1:40 AM, notantifun said:

Our RFE was due to a missed checkbox (yes or no) on the i129f form. The RFE date was April 14. My fiance received the mail April 22, he mailed it back same day. Our RFE response was received April 26. We got our NOA2 in the mail the other day May 13 NOA2 date is May 8. It took 122 days for our petition to be approved. It's only been a month for you. Keep yourself busy because honestly, that's all you can do really . 

Hi! I just want to know if how did you fill up your forms? Did you leave it blank if your answers were not applicable or none? Or did you write NA? :(( thank you! Just worried about our forms coz we left it blank..

Timeline
7 hours ago, Yzabelle said:

Hi! I just want to know if how did you fill up your forms? Did you leave it blank if your answers were not applicable or none? Or did you write NA? :(( thank you! Just worried about our forms coz we left it blank..

Yes, we left questions that aren't applicable blank. 

Timeline

2 hours ago, notantifun said:

Yes, we left questions that aren't applicable blank. 

Thank you! What a relief.. We didn't put anything on it, not an NA or NONE, Just blank.. some were telling me that I should've just wrote NA or none instead of leaving it blank.. Because we might get an rfe. But since everything is still good when you left it blank, it should be fine. We're now on 74 days. 😊 still have few weeks left :)) 

and congratulations on your approval! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, notantifun said:

74 days is nothing. We got our NOA2 after 122 days and we still haven't gotten out case number. The waiting seems endless.

Yeah.. I know some January filers that haven't gotten an approval yet.. and my friend got their noa2 after 103 days.. So I'm thinking we still have 20-40 days left  I'm sure your case number is on the way now.. 

Edited by Yzabelle
Wrong number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.