Super Uber

K1 Case creation date changed - still in AP!!!!

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

update : Because my passport will expire in less than 6 months and i have plans to travel next month , i emailed the embassy asking them if i can renew my passport and use it to travel, then send them back both of my new and old passport when i come back to Egypt.

and that was their answer : " Please note that we will send you your passport to renew it and keep it with you until the administrative process finalized and then we will call you to send it to us.

Regards,

Consular Staff "

and what really worries me is what they said about keeping my passport with me til the AP is finalized, i felt like it is a message to get ready for another long AP waiting time , i hope i'm wrong 

@Super Uber what did they tell you when you got your passport back ? 

Edited by E.Amr

Timeline
4 minutes ago, E.Amr said:

update : Because my passport will expire in less than 6 months and i have plans to travel next month , i emailed the embassy asking them if i can renew my passport and use it to travel, then send them back both of my new and old passport when i come back to Egypt.

and that was their answer : " Please note that we will send you your passport to renew it and keep it with you until the administrative process finalized and then we will call you to send it to us.

Regards,

Consular Staff "

and what really worries me is what they said about keeping my passport with me til the AP is finalized, i felt like it is a message to get ready for another long AP waiting time , i hope i'm wrong 

@Super Uber what did they tell you when you got your passport back ? 

Hey Amr,

The short answer is they said something similar.

At the time I asked for it back they just said they sent it and didn't make any other comments, until I asked them ....

I emailed them asking about when I should send it back and whether it'll have an impact on the case's progress. They simply said keep it and we'll call you when AP is finished.

It was then that I knew that we're scheduled in for 4+ month AP.

Basically, the cases are pending a final approval to issue the visa from Washington, D.C. (DoS & DHS). This could take 4 months (120 days), 6 months or more. But I think we should be done soon, in shaa Allah.

Timeline
2 hours ago, E.Amr said:

i hope you are right and we will get approved soon ISA

Bro , i always wondered where do you get your information from , you always seem so confident about what you say, i makes me feel like you are a CO :D

Haha! No, I'm not a CO lol. I'm almost sure, however, that they come here and may even investigate people (I know of one instance they use sites like Facebook to investigate certain couples/cases).

I'm mostly optimistic. I usually make educated guesses, based on information from different sources (including tangible experiences narrated on this website).

It doesn't mean I'm always right or always wrong, but in our case I truly hope I am right .. because that'd mean that we'll get our visas in August, in shaa Allah.

• 5 months later...

Back to square one. 

The Embassy just called again (7 months later) requesting orginial passport and updated medical reports. This will be the third time completing the medical record.

we were all in the same situation. Any updates from your end?

Timeline

nothing on my side bro , but requesting your documents is always a good sign , tell us more about your case , when did you have your interview , when exactly they requested your 2nd and 3rd medical tests , and if they asked you to submit your passport on the 2nd time or not ?

thanks 

Submitted i-129 in Jan-2016, interviewed in Oct-2016. Planned my wedding, honey moon and etc. Several months passed with no status change, it was simply sitting collecting dust. Feb-2017, i was Informed that Cairo no longer processes Yemeni citizens (lol; tears),   then congressional office reached consulate in Cairo. Subsequently, in March-2017 they requested the passport and updated medical records again. It expired afted 6 months. 

NOTE; we have to travel to cairo again from the middle of a war zone to provide them with updated medical records. Anyways, by April 2017, all requirements were completed and we waited by the Embassy in Cairo for 3 months, jumping from one hotel to another Airbnb and racking up several $$$$,,, in debt. At that poi t,  Egypt authorities informed us the maximum stay is 90 days and we had to pay overstay fees then bounce out of there around in Aug 2017. The worst part was not the wait nor the substantial expenses, instead it was the risk of traveling in the middle of the war in Yemen. The airports were closed so it was more of a mission to escape the ground fights, airstrikes and or becoming a hostage for no reason. Luckily, both times in Oct-2016 and March -2017 we safely made it to cairo. It sure did cost an arm and leg.  All that and no progress..... "Admin processing"

Yesterday, the Embassy contact us requestinc another updated medical record and the orginial passport. Im glad they reached out, but war has intensified in Yemen, and our financial stability has worsened.  Ultimatelty, at this point. We need to be in cairo to provide them with updated medical records.  Oh, one more issue,  Egypt stopped issuing  visa for yemeni citiZens.

Alhamdililah for everyhing...

God bless all. 

Timeline

that is really sad, i'm sorry for all that troubles you faced, i hope your story will get a happy closure soon, and i hope peace find it's way to Yemen and the entire middle east region again.

did they tell you you are approved this time or last March ? or they just requested the documents ? 

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.