yip5696

I-130 petition approved, but nothing from NVC at 30+ days

8 posts in this topic

Our I-130 petition was approved 2017-04-07 and the case sent to NVC. Haven't heard from NVC, so called them today (2017-05-08) and they said that it is not in their system yet. They said it can take 6-8 weeks. Called USCIS, they said the case has been transferred.

Is it common for NVC to take 6-8 weeks to create a case number after the petition approval? Once there is a case number, we can make payments, NVS can send out more forms and things can hopefully progress.

Thanks,

Y

Edited by yip5696

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, yip5696 said:

Our I-130 petition was approved 2017-04-07 and the case sent to NVC. Haven't heard from NVC, so called them today (2017-05-08) and they said that it is not in their system yet. They said it can take 6-8 weeks. Called USCIS, they said the case has been transferred.

Is it common for NVC to take 6-8 weeks to create a case number after the petition approval? Once there is a case number, we can make payments, NVS can send out more forms and things can hopefully progress.

Thanks,

Y

It's slow as far as what I have observed. I called about something similar and I was told it takes them up to 12 weeks to reply to a letter or email you send them. If you are using email as a method of notification from NVC, check it regularly.

The Case Status web page at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do changed today, so there is progress!

"On May 9, 2017, we sent your case, Receipt Number LINxxxx, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

7 hours ago, yip5696 said:

The Case Status web page at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do changed today, so there is progress!

"On May 9, 2017, we sent your case, Receipt Number LINxxxx, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

You should really just keep calling them.  They will always tell you the longest amount of time that they can take but mostly case #, invoices etc are ready much faster.

Also, you will now qualify for uploading documents to CEAC instead of emailing so it should make things quite fast for you. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Did you sent your NVC packet via certified mail or had some kind of tracking number associated with it ? Because if the tracking number shows that the NVC received it then you can rest easy that they do indeed have it.  Yes, it is taking 11 weeks right now to hear back from them. I called the NVC a few days ago and the rep told me my 11th week would be 5/29/2017 and I should call on that day for an update.  You should call the NVC and provide them with your USCIS case number and if they show anything under it, they will let you know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.