hopelifebetter201

cr1 - petition my wife

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello everyone i am going to petition my wife after go back home to marry her next month. How i can prepare to get that done asap? thanks. 

p/s: i heard that k-1 case will take less time? should I do it  ? 

Let me give you an example. I am a US citizen. Married my husband in Egypt back in Feb 2016. Make sure that before you go back to the US you have all the paperwork needed. For example, the marriage certificate and translation (if the marriage certificate is in any other language than English). Make sure they have the embassy seals. Make sure you take some pictures of your wife (passport sized pictures for when you do file). Make sure to take copies of their birth certificate and passport. Just take copies of things you may need before traveling back to the states. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They are not married yet so a K-1 is still possible. Although he says he plans to marry next month, that can probably be changed. If the OP goes ahead with the marriage next month, then a K-1 will be ruled out. But not before. 

yes, i plan to get married next month in back home but it can be changed if i can not have marrage certificate in the time i stay there. 

CR1

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 7/17/17

RFE: 3/5/18

RFE SENT: 5/3/18

RFE RECEIVED: 5/9/18

Approved: 5/25/18

Sent to NVC : 6/13/18

NVC received: 6/21/18

Case number: 7/19/2018

Pay AOS & IV fees: 7/19/18

CEAC shut down on 7/19/18 until 7/31/18

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Civil and AOS package uploaded: 8/3/18

Case complete: 8/6/18

Timeline

In order to help you better can you please tell me where it is you will marry? What country? And how long will you be there?

that is Vietnam. i will be there 1 week only.

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah, that won't be enough time to get all the paperwork done. Also, do you know where you two must go to marry? Do you know what is required from you and her part to marry? 

I cannot really say much about the marriage process in Vietnam but I ask you to research what is needed to marry there before going and maybe try extending your stay if possible. One week isn't enough time to do all this. For example, I married in Egypt but I had to do so in Foreign Affairs then go to the Embassy to get seals and so on. It took me just 2 weeks to gather all that was needed to marry. Then after we got the marriage certificate, it needed to be apostilled in the US Embassy (get the seal) So one week doesn't seem like enough. However, if you do stay there longer and get all this done with the seals and all then you can travel back home and then file with all the paperwork you already have. After you do all this then I can guide you more

Timeline

Yeah, that won't be enough time to get all the paperwork done. Also, do you know where you two must go to marry? Do you know what is required from you and her part to marry? 

I cannot really say much about the marriage process in Vietnam but I ask you to research what is needed to marry there before going and maybe try extending your stay if possible. One week isn't enough time to do all this. For example, I married in Egypt but I had to do so in Foreign Affairs then go to the Embassy to get seals and so on. It took me just 2 weeks to gather all that was needed to marry. Then after we got the marriage certificate, it needed to be apostilled in the US Embassy (get the seal) So one week doesn't seem like enough. However, if you do stay there longer and get all this done with the seals and all then you can travel back home and then file with all the paperwork you already have. After you do all this then I can guide you more

thank you. 

CR1

Texas Service Center

Ds-260 submitted 8/1/18

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/4/2017 at 0:20 AM, A'n'L said:

You can compare the processes here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Disregard the K3 (rarely ever issued any more) and DCF (only available if the USC is living abroad, and only in certain countries). 

Why are K3 visa's rarely issued?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, baysbaw said:

Why are K3 visa's rarely issued?

Because the processing time for spousal i129f and i130 are about the same now, and the i129f is conditional to a pending i130. The i130 leads to a superior visa (cr1/ir1) compared to i129f (k3). Therefore, the i129f petition is usually closed as the immigrants i130 case progresses to NVC/consulate stage. The K3 visa was relevant years ago when could take years to receive a cr1/ir1 visa.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.