657 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, piff said:

I do not think there is a way to get a new I-94 based on the entry using Advance Parole - did you try to get your new I-94?

I think the I-94 that shows on the website is automatically your most recent one, whether that was with AP or not.

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, piff said:

I do not think there is a way to get a new I-94 based on the entry using Advance Parole - did you try to get your new I-94?

I-94 is just a record of your entries to the States. You just need to enter your name/last name/DOB/passport number to see the travel history.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

And yes, for me it shows the most recent entry, it doesn't matter if I used the AP or not, I was still entering upon my foreign passport.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Eternati said:

I-94 is just a record of your entries to the States. You just need to enter your name/last name/DOB/passport number to see the travel history.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

And yes, for me it shows the most recent entry, it doesn't matter if I used the AP or not, I was still entering upon my foreign passport.

oh OK, green card entries are not shown there then. OK, I thought AP entries aren't shown either. What does a 1 year expiration for AP entry mean - strange definition

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, piff said:

Looks like Baltimore is taking a bit longer than a year, according to the report posted 2 days ago. any other updates so far?

Wow Baltimore is really slow... but that might work out great for you cuz you are hitting the 2-year mark right?

If it's timed perfectly then you will just end up getting the 10 year green card lol thats a lot of money saved.

I'm a december 2016 filer and have my interview scheduled for July 25th morning, so two Tuesdays from now haha 

honestly tho maybe I should've waited a few more months too cuz It's almost 2 year anniversary for me. 

But anyway, I will update everyone here as soon as I get done with interview. I live in Bethesda and don't have a car so it's gonna be quite a trip to go from here to Baltimore lol

Timeline

So i finally got my green card in a mail box, and here is my brief timeline

filed - October 7th 2016

EAD/AP - January 3rd 2017

Interview - June 22nd 2017

Approval notice - July 11th 2017

Green card in a mailbox - July 19th 2017.

9.5 months total. Filed from B1/B2.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm joining this thread, this information is really useful. My husband and I live in Baltimore and just filed his AOS status 7/10/2017, he is here on a K1 visa.

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

3 hours ago, Eternati said:

filed - October 7th 2016

omg congrats!! you are FINALLY done with this part of the visa journey haha :D 

9.5mo is like so much better than what the processing timetable on uscis site says (a little over a year). lucky you!

i've got everything i can think of ready for our interview next tuesday but i'm still feeling kinda anxious lol i sort of wish the immigration officer could take a good look at our pictures cuz i'm a photographer and yesterday i spent like 5 hours going thru years of travel photos in my archive lmao

56 minutes ago, AshMarty said:

I'm joining this thread, this information is really useful. My husband and I live in Baltimore and just filed his AOS status 7/10/2017, he is here on a K1 visa.

haha welcome to the club!!!!

hopefully your husband gets his work permit and travel document asap :)

Timeline
37 minutes ago, huko said:

omg congrats!! you are FINALLY done with this part of the visa journey haha :D 

9.5mo is like so much better than what the processing timetable on uscis site says (a little over a year). lucky you!

i've got everything i can think of ready for our interview next tuesday but i'm still feeling kinda anxious lol i sort of wish the immigration officer could take a good look at our pictures cuz i'm a photographer and yesterday i spent like 5 hours going thru years of travel photos in my archive lmao

Thanks! To be honest with you I was sure, that 9.5 is longer than average, comparing to the other states and even to the people from MD who got their gc's earlier! But yeah, the official processing times is a bs! Don't hesitate to submit your service requests y'all, if the case takes too long (I believe that's what helped me).

Well, I also spent a decent amount of my day printing out the photos, arranging them nicely, etc. And guess what, the officer didn't even ask for them, I was like "hey, don't you wanna look at the photo album?" He was like "uuuuh, sure". He took the photo album and skimmed it through for like 3 seconds maximum :D what a waste! I hope your photos would be appreciated more than mine lol! And good luck on your interview of course! Waiting for your report :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Eternati said:

filed - October 7th 2016

Congratulations! I had my interview on June 14th and still waiting for approval and GC. It's been a month. I did SR and contacted senator this week to inquiry on my behalf. A case worker put an inquiry so I'm waiting again.

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chejemmie said:

Congratulations! I had my interview on June 14th and still waiting for approval and GC. It's been a month. I did SR and contacted senator this week to inquiry on my behalf. A case worker put an inquiry so I'm waiting again.

So here is the thing with my case. I had a long break between EAD and interview scheduling, so I filed a request (somewhere in May), and shortly after this request I got an interview scheduled. So after my interview (06/22) I kept checking the website every day, and I noticed a message from 06/27 (after an interview), that my service request went through and blah-blah-blah. I was fairly certain that the request affected the interview scheduling date, but now I think it might have affected the final decision instead. Pretty odd. And yes, it does seem that they're not in a hurry with a final decision. Forums  say it can be up to 3 months, and USCIS official web-site (in FAQ section) says that there are no terms at all (very nice), so you might get your approval notice literally any time.

just got back from our interview (december 2016 filer). the interview was scheduled for 10:45am. we weren't sure how early we needed to be there so we arrived at 9am only to realize we couldn't check in until 30min before our scheduled time lol... luckily there weren't a lot of people and we got called in by a 35yo-ish female officer at 10:48am to the actual interview. 

there wasn't any major surprise at the interview, although it took a lot longer than we initially expected. it lasted a whole 40min lol that was so different from what i've read on the forum. but then i feel like maybe it wouldn't take as long for other applicants because my husband and i are just extra talkative and love going into all the details...

officer at first asked us for our IDs & passports, and if we had any documents that we wanted to give her. so we gave her our latest 2 joint bank statements, lease agreement, 2 phone bills, 2 utility bills, 3 pay stubs, 2 health insurance claims, 2016 taxes that we jointly filed, 1 original copy of our marriage certificate, and 20 pictures of us together that i took from a few trips across the country that we went on during the past year. i have no idea if we really needed to give her any of these so maybe you guys don't need to prepare them all. 

officer was really strict to the forms. she had our entire package on her desk and a red marker on her hand. we got asked a whole bunch of questions (at least 20 no kidding) and they were mostly just information that we had filled out in our application package. for each answer, she checks it off on the application papers if our answer matches what we originally put in the forms.

here are the questions i can think of that she asked:

(1) each other's full name and date of birth; parent's full names;

(2) had both of us list out all addresses we lived in during the last 5 years as well as our employment situation (i listed out mine and my husband listed out his);

(3) when was the last time i (beneficient) entered into the country, on what visa, and what port of entry i came in from;

(4) how did we meet; who started the conversation (since we met on tinder lol) and what did we say to each other first; how long did it take from starting conversation to actually meeting up; how often did we meet up; when did we move in together; what do we see in each other that we value the most;

(5) whether we had met each other's family and how they think of our relationship (perhaps it has something to do with us being gay lol); do we hang out with each other's friends from work school etc;

(6) when did we get engaged and how long did it take from engagement to wedding; any witnesses at wedding.

i'm sure the officer asked more but these are the major ones i can think of now. she was really polite and professional. my husband and i love making jokes and being funny but i don't think the officer was really in a mood to joke tho (i mean she has another 7 application packages piled next to ours so it's understandable).

It was all good and i thought the interview went well. towards the end, she explained to us that she would keep our case for review and we could check case status online. if there's update we would get letter in the mail and it should be within the next few months if not sooner.

we were also handed a letter titled "notice of interview results" and it says the following: your case is being held for review. at this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. should further information or documents be required, you will receive notice in the mail. we may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice in the mail. otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.

i haven't really read up on other people's interview results in the forum so i'm not sure if "being held for review" is a common thing. this letter sounds kind of just like a generic bureaucratic letter that you'd receive from gov but at the same time it kind of worries me cuz i know some applicants get approval on the spot. 

anyway our interview is done and as of right now (4 hours after interview) case status is still "Interview Is Scheduled". I guess i'm going back to checking case status online everyday again... hopefully we won't have to wait too long before we hear something good from them :D 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, huko said:

we were also handed a letter titled "notice of interview results" and it says the following: your case is being held for review.

Congratulations, this part of your journey is almost over! From what we've read, many people's cases get approved within hours even though they are given this type of letter. Hope yours gets approved quickly too.

We are also from Baltimore office area, filed for AOS couple of weeks ago. Have been silently following this thread for a while already...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
2 hours ago, huko said:

just got back from our interview (december 2016 filer). the interview was scheduled for 10:45am. we weren't sure how early we needed to be there so we arrived at 9am only to realize we couldn't check in until 30min before our scheduled time lol... luckily there weren't a lot of people and we got called in by a 35yo-ish female officer at 10:48am to the actual interview. 

there wasn't any major surprise at the interview, although it took a lot longer than we initially expected. it lasted a whole 40min lol that was so different from what i've read on the forum. but then i feel like maybe it wouldn't take as long for other applicants because my husband and i are just extra talkative and love going into all the details...

officer at first asked us for our IDs & passports, and if we had any documents that we wanted to give her. so we gave her our latest 2 joint bank statements, lease agreement, 2 phone bills, 2 utility bills, 3 pay stubs, 2 health insurance claims, 2016 taxes that we jointly filed, 1 original copy of our marriage certificate, and 20 pictures of us together that i took from a few trips across the country that we went on during the past year. i have no idea if we really needed to give her any of these so maybe you guys don't need to prepare them all. 

officer was really strict to the forms. she had our entire package on her desk and a red marker on her hand. we got asked a whole bunch of questions (at least 20 no kidding) and they were mostly just information that we had filled out in our application package. for each answer, she checks it off on the application papers if our answer matches what we originally put in the forms.

here are the questions i can think of that she asked:

(1) each other's full name and date of birth; parent's full names;

(2) had both of us list out all addresses we lived in during the last 5 years as well as our employment situation (i listed out mine and my husband listed out his);

(3) when was the last time i (beneficient) entered into the country, on what visa, and what port of entry i came in from;

(4) how did we meet; who started the conversation (since we met on tinder lol) and what did we say to each other first; how long did it take from starting conversation to actually meeting up; how often did we meet up; when did we move in together; what do we see in each other that we value the most;

(5) whether we had met each other's family and how they think of our relationship (perhaps it has something to do with us being gay lol); do we hang out with each other's friends from work school etc;

(6) when did we get engaged and how long did it take from engagement to wedding; any witnesses at wedding.

i'm sure the officer asked more but these are the major ones i can think of now. she was really polite and professional. my husband and i love making jokes and being funny but i don't think the officer was really in a mood to joke tho (i mean she has another 7 application packages piled next to ours so it's understandable).

It was all good and i thought the interview went well. towards the end, she explained to us that she would keep our case for review and we could check case status online. if there's update we would get letter in the mail and it should be within the next few months if not sooner.

we were also handed a letter titled "notice of interview results" and it says the following: your case is being held for review. at this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. should further information or documents be required, you will receive notice in the mail. we may also schedule you for another interview, you will receive a notice in the mail. otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.

i haven't really read up on other people's interview results in the forum so i'm not sure if "being held for review" is a common thing. this letter sounds kind of just like a generic bureaucratic letter that you'd receive from gov but at the same time it kind of worries me cuz i know some applicants get approval on the spot. 

anyway our interview is done and as of right now (4 hours after interview) case status is still "Interview Is Scheduled". I guess i'm going back to checking case status online everyday again... hopefully we won't have to wait too long before we hear something good from them :D 

Great! Good luck! Had my interview on 6/14 and still waiting for results. Case still says 'scheduled for interview'

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.