657 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Stefi said:

This has been a long journey for you, i hope in the end everything will be fine. I am married 3 and a half years and have 2 children as well so I don't see a room for concern. Soon i will have to renew my EAD,  when is the earliest I can do it and how long it takes to receive the new one?

Thank you, @Stefi. It has been long. You can renew your EAD no more than 180 days before it expires. Do note however that with a new provision, some categories of AOS with expired EAD can work an additional 180 days after expiration if you already submitted your renewal application to USCIS. You will need to present your 1766 receipt notice to your employer as proof that you applied before expiration. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/I-9 Central/FactSheets/Fact-Sheet-AutoExtendEAD.pdf

Edited by Chejemmie
Grammatical errors

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Stefi said:

I haven't made an infopass yet, however i called twice and got the same response that my case is within the normal processing time, i filed November 2016 and they are working September's cases so i have to wait. Also i put a SR online and it was assigned to an officer but i never got response. 

You should shot an email to the local senator. They will look into it also for you. It takes just a few minutes and it doesn't hurt to have multiple people asking about it.

I am crossing my fingers we get to by pass the interview as K1 filers... There were a hand full of July K1 filers last week that just had their GC approved with no interview. I hope we are that lucky Baltimore is such a long wait. :( 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: Timeline
33 minutes ago, AshMarty said:

You should shot an email to the local senator. They will look into it also for you. It takes just a few minutes and it doesn't hurt to have multiple people asking about it.

I am crossing my fingers we get to by pass the interview as K1 filers... There were a hand full of July K1 filers last week that just had their GC approved with no interview. I hope we are that lucky Baltimore is such a long wait. :( 

I hope so too, Baltimore is very unpredictable!!! :(

Timeline

jeez.. i really hope we dont have to wait too long after our interview on thursday to hear back : -( i know the office is backed up but i had no clue it was this bad even with decisions AFTER interviews. will post here with an update and review the experience regardless!! see you guys soon

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: England
Timeline

My friend is in a similar situation, was doing AOS from a work visa to GC through marriage, they applied November 2016, only recently received an interview date, for the start of this November.

The lawyer he used said how backed up Baltimore is, it’s a mess.

Another Friend in Baltimore has three interview 5 weeks ago, and they still haven’t had a decision either 

1 minute ago, BaltimoreFiler said:

My friend is in a similar situation, was doing AOS from a work visa to GC through marriage, they applied November 2016, only recently received an interview date, for the start of this November.

The lawyer he used said how backed up Baltimore is, it’s a mess.

Another Friend in Baltimore has three interview 5 weeks ago, and they still haven’t had a decision either 

can you please specify when the second friend filed for AOS? We filed in October of 2016 too, still waiting...

Timeline
Just now, piff said:

can you please specify when the second friend filed for AOS? We filed in October of 2016 too, still waiting...

Piff

my second friend filed end of September 2016, again doing AOS from work visa to GC through marriage 

1 minute ago, BaltimoreFiler said:

Piff

my second friend filed end of September 2016, again doing AOS from work visa to GC through marriage 

Damn it - what is taking Baltimore that long?! What actually bothers me is that they now have to interview EB AOS applications now too - watch, it will be a mess! Hopefully I will hear something good soon

Timeline
Just now, piff said:

Damn it - what is taking Baltimore that long?! What actually bothers me is that they now have to interview EB AOS applications now too - watch, it will be a mess! Hopefully I will hear something good soon

All I heard from my lawyer is the amount of cases they have in Baltimore an there is  shortage in staff. 

Other than the EAD there isn’t really a timeline when you have to be interviewed for GC. 

It it is just a money maker, I know people who have had to renew EADs cos they haven’t had interviews yet or redo musicals cos they expire 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
18 minutes ago, piff said:

are info passes helpful at all? what is the best time to catch one? :) every time I check they're booked.

Check very early in the morning even on weekends.

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
On 10/24/2017 at 7:35 AM, Chejemmie said:

Thank you, @Stefi. It has been long. You can renew your EAD no more than 180 days before it expires. Do note however that with a new provision, some categories of AOS with expired EAD can work an additional 180 days after expiration if you already submitted your renewal application to USCIS. You will need to present your 1766 receipt notice to your employer as proof that you applied before expiration. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/I-9 Central/FactSheets/Fact-Sheet-AutoExtendEAD.pdf

Thank you so much for the information, I checked my EAD and the category is  C09P, at least I don't have to worry about geting the new card  before the old one expires.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
On 10/24/2017 at 8:07 AM, AshMarty said:

I think reaching out the senator will be my next step. I hope you guys get approved without interview, the waiting time for decision is frustrating 😕

On 10/22/2017 at 3:20 PM, oncoming traffic said:

hey guys, quick q for our interview this thursday.. i filed my 2016 taxes after submitting our aos at the end of february. do we need to bring a whole new updated 864 to the interview? if we don't, will they definitely for sure make us send one in for review before being able to officially approve our case?

how did it go!? hopefully you are a resident by now!!!! please share your experience - I saw the digest for the mail and there is a letter from USCIS, feels like an interview has been scheduled for us - no updates online. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, piff said:

how did it go!? hopefully you are a resident by now!!!! please share your experience - I saw the digest for the mail and there is a letter from USCIS, feels like an interview has been scheduled for us - no updates online. 

hahahah I'M the citizen by birth, it's my husband's residency we are pursuing ; -) btw i actually just noticed for the first time this is the K1 subforum?? whoops lol for the record we are adjusting from a vwp overstay but there's no DC/Baltimore office thread in the other subforum

anyway, hey guys! our interview went perfect in every way except for no decision at this time which is totally fine. based on other reviews of this office we really lucked out with the interviewer. it was way more like a casual conversation than anything else.. husband still got a bit nervous though ; -) he didn't forget my birthday at least like some people!! hahaha but he did forget that our original flight was cancelled coming into the states and we ended up entering at SFO not LAX (to be fair he doesn't know many west coast cities lol)

it is very possible we will get hit with an rfe because we are young and live with my parents so no lease or bills (if we get hit with one ill have my parents draw some 'contracts' up) but even with what we did have he said our marriage is without a doubt bonafide.. which in my opinion was the bigger hurdle to cross. we can always get some more accounts together and send more paperwork in if they really want but the hardest part is definitely over! now just to wait some more of course.. lol

i will be writing up a full review on the local office page sometime today, just need to get an essay done first : -) been procrastinating on all my schoolwork preparing for this.. whew!

married! , 18 nov 16
vwp aos priority , 27 feb 17 {1}
noa1 , 6 mar 17
biometrics , 27 mar 17
rdy for interview , 1 may 17
interview , 26 oct 17 {241} ezpz!
approved! , 17 nov 17 {263}
gc rec'd , 27 nov 17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.