JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Toronto88 said:

Hi everyone - I was wondering if anyone has received their plastic green card yet and if so, how long that took after you entered the US? Also, although I am not actually moving to US for another few months, I want to get the border crossing done so that I can get the physical green card sooner. I live in Toronto and I do not have a car. My plan is to bus to the nearest US/Canada bridge and walk across the bridge to do the entry to US. Once completed, I plan to bus back to Toronto on same day. Do you expect I would encounter any problems with this? Could the border agent deny me entry since I plan to return to Canada immediately after and do the real move with all my belongings a few months later. Appreciate any assistance on this. Thank you! 

I entered on the 17th of August. I was told at the border that I needed to get a social security card myself because they wouldn't send me one automatically (which I did in the first couple of days without any hassle) . I haven't received my plastic green card yet, but it has only been 5 weeks. The person at the border told me that I would receive it sometime within the next 12 months. 

I did get an email yesterday telling me that USCIS had worked on my case, but no more information than that, maybe they have posted it out? The USCIS website says to contact them if I haven't received it 120 days after entry, so I've still got plenty of time to get it. 

Edited by Cat_Dad

We have our interview on Monday in Rio de Janeiro and we were delayed in receiving a more recent police record that we had submitted to NVC from one state in Brazil. There are 3 police records needed. One that is a federal police, and 2 that are for states that my spouse lived in within Brazil. On the US Consulate General information page it states that if it's over 3 months old we need new ones. We are missing an updated state one (from a state they have not lived in for over a year), but we do have a more recent federal record, as well as an updated record from the state that she has lived in for the past year. We can have the police record on Monday but could be after the interview. My question is do we have to have an updated copy for this lone state police record? Everywhere else online is stating that as long as it's no more than 1 year old it's valid. I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue and what they did. We are hoping to get the record Monday morning and then it shouldn't be a worry, but at this time we are really nervous that this could be an issue. Any suggestions or thoughts on this?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you @Finayyy and @Cat_Dad. Much appreciated. 

Everyone - @jle2234 has posted some important information relating to the pilot system in the topic below. This may only apply to Canada, but I thought I would share here incase anyone missed it on the forums. Basically, the Montreal consulate is not releasing the passport until they receive the travel plans. I can confirm that I also experienced this in my interview yesterday. 

On September 23, 2017 at 12:59 PM, HessicaS said:

We have our interview on Monday in Rio de Janeiro and we were delayed in receiving a more recent police record that we had submitted to NVC from one state in Brazil. There are 3 police records needed. One that is a federal police, and 2 that are for states that my spouse lived in within Brazil. On the US Consulate General information page it states that if it's over 3 months old we need new ones. We are missing an updated state one (from a state they have not lived in for over a year), but we do have a more recent federal record, as well as an updated record from the state that she has lived in for the past year. We can have the police record on Monday but could be after the interview. My question is do we have to have an updated copy for this lone state police record? Everywhere else online is stating that as long as it's no more than 1 year old it's valid. I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue and what they did. We are hoping to get the record Monday morning and then it shouldn't be a worry, but at this time we are really nervous that this could be an issue. Any suggestions or thoughts on this?  

By the way for an update on this...they accepted our other police record that we received in January. It was the first CEAC case that the consular had seen (I guess other staff had seen ones, but it was this persons first time). They stated it would take us up to 2 weeks to receive it back, but he said since our case was so simply we should receive the passport back within a couple of days. So now we anxiously wait. We did purchase a ticket to leave on Sunday for the USA, so we are hopeful that we can get this back by Friday. It's another round of waiting and refreshing the email inbox! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My interview in Montreal is on the 24th, so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. The website link in my appointment email doesn't actually work (so that's fun) so I've been googling instead.

Were there any fees anyone needed to pay at the consulate on their interview date? I won't be bringing much with me to make security faster, and I want to make sure I have a payment method if required.

I also have a 5 month old (already has his US citizenship) who is breast fed and won't take a bottle. My in-laws are coming up from Boston (both US citizens) to see us/watch him during my interview. The information I've found says I can't have anyone but an interpreter with me in the interview, but can they come into the consulate so my son can be nearby if he needs to eat? 

TIA

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Koalaem said:

My interview in Montreal is on the 24th, so I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. The website link in my appointment email doesn't actually work (so that's fun) so I've been googling instead.

Were there any fees anyone needed to pay at the consulate on their interview date? I won't be bringing much with me to make security faster, and I want to make sure I have a payment method if required.

I also have a 5 month old (already has his US citizenship) who is breast fed and won't take a bottle. My in-laws are coming up from Boston (both US citizens) to see us/watch him during my interview. The information I've found says I can't have anyone but an interpreter with me in the interview, but can they come into the consulate so my son can be nearby if he needs to eat? 

TIA

Only an interpreter or your petitioner can come with you. My wife and I did ours last month and we were in and out in about two hours and there are no fees you need to pay there. My advice is to bring the baby with you. Your in-laws can't come in and your cell phones will be confiscated so you won't halve any way of knowing if the baby needs to eat. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone - quick question. For those that have entered the US already, did you receive a Form I-94 at your port of entry?  For Drivers License, this form is required and I didn't receive it on entry. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, Toronto88 said:

Hi everyone - quick question. For those that have entered the US already, did you receive a Form I-94 at your port of entry?  For Drivers License, this form is required and I didn't receive it on entry. Thank you! 

I didn't receive an i-94. I just used my SSN and stamp on the passport. 

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline

Just had my interview this morning in Montreal.

They now need additional proof of my husband's income (which if course wasn't on the list of documents that they had requested) so now we have to send that in and continue to wait.

Does anyone know if these additional documents will be processed online? I've been too deflated to even go the the web address they gave me.

Also, does anyone have any experience with how much more this is going to delay things? The woman at my interview said a couple of weeks, but the letter said 6-8 weeks. We're at 14 months since we applied and living apart for almost a year. I'm exhausted and depressed.

Husband arrived into The United States yesterday into EWR (Newark NJ) from Quebec City. Border personnel asked him for packet IV. Fortunately he brought the paperwork which came with his passport (which had VISA stamp clearly imprinted inside). He explained that all of the packet IV information was online in CEAC. They made him wait 45 minutes to verify that this was true. When the border personnel returned they asked him what date we were married and the exact address he where he would be living in the United States.  When he answered those questions they let him in. Would recommend you bring the paperwork you get with your stamped passport because the border guards are still unaware of CEAC system. And allow for at least 2.5 hour delay if you have a connecting flight. Hope this helps all of you. 

Sincerely, 

Colette ❤️

Hi! Push!

Can someone please open this thread up to everyone who's using the upload system at the moment instead of just May filers since it's the only thread and it's been so useful!

Maybe change the headline to "NVC CEAC upload method SINCE May 2017"?

@JBMG

On 10/31/2017 at 1:51 AM, Nattie_Bry said:

Hi! Push!

Can someone please open this thread up to everyone who's using the upload system at the moment instead of just May filers since it's the only thread and it's been so useful!

Maybe change the headline to "NVC CEAC upload method SINCE May 2017"?

@JBMG

Yes, I do wonder what the processing times are right now for these PIVOT cases. NVC told me they are going faster but wouldn't give me an estimate. Some of these in this thread were getting case complete in a few days from submitting all documents on CEAC! It would be nice to know what the current processing times are, however, on these cases. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.