JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, K&Kir said:

Friends! 

JUST RECIEVED OUR INTERVIEW DATE! Late email, about 11pmCT.

August 14, Montreal! 

Congrats K&Kir! I am still waiting for the new birth certificate to submit. Expecting to receive in the next few days. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Bernard & Colette said:

Congrats K&Kir on August 14th Interview! 💕

We call all everyday and nothing so far. The only thing they ever tell me is we are now currently scheduling interviews for August and it depends on Montreal Embassy.

Really? I wonder if I got put at the top because I just submitted last doc on Monday? Perhaps it's unorganized? Anyway I was shocked!

2 hours ago, Toronto88 said:

Congrats K&Kir! I am still waiting for the new birth certificate to submit. Expecting to receive in the next few days. 

Thank you! Now you know what date they are on, lol.

Thank you @Cat_Dad!

Now, to book a medical somehow before a Monday morning interview....

and a plane ticket!!!

Anyone know the turnaround time to get passport back? How does my spouse fly without a passport (that the embassy will have)?

Timeline

@Min & Mark Who did you do your medical with? Was it a nice experience? How fast was it until they got your results to you? 

We we will be flying in and our interview is a Monday morning...makes me think we will have to fly-in the business week before in order to get medical and documents before Monday morning?

help?

Timeline

Hello all,

I have reached a difficult time in planning and was hoping that some of you would be able to offer some advice.

I called Montreal medical place this morning and he said, "With an interview date falling on Monday, August 14, you will need to have your medical done before the 8th. And the only availability I have is August 4th." This means we would have to spend a whole 10 days in Montreal justtttttt to get the medical done before the 14th. I'm not sure about you, but I don't have money to hang out in Montreal for 10 days! +flight from Winnipeg +medical fee 

I have dug away a little about how hard it is to reschedule...the embassy has a generated response on the telephone when you are prompted for "immigrant visa question" which then tells you that they do not answer questions over phone and makes you go to their website about info. Which I've already been there, and seems as if this is the hardest way.

Should I ..

1) Book August 4th, pray they have a cancellation, and do not book a flight yet.

2) Suck it up and spend 10 days in MTL, book flight

3) Book medical in Toronto, fly into Toronto, wait 5 days, fly/rail to Montreal for August 14th. 

Did someone say there is a train from Toronto to Montreal? @Finayyy

Or... any of your lovely ideas?

Thank you so much for any and all advice.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

Hello all,

I have reached a difficult time in planning and was hoping that some of you would be able to offer some advice.

I called Montreal medical place this morning and he said, "With an interview date falling on Monday, August 14, you will need to have your medical done before the 8th. And the only availability I have is August 4th." This means we would have to spend a whole 10 days in Montreal justtttttt to get the medical done before the 14th. I'm not sure about you, but I don't have money to hang out in Montreal for 10 days! +flight from Winnipeg +medical fee 

I have dug away a little about how hard it is to reschedule...the embassy has a generated response on the telephone when you are prompted for "immigrant visa question" which then tells you that they do not answer questions over phone and makes you go to their website about info. Which I've already been there, and seems as if this is the hardest way.

Should I ..

1) Book August 4th, pray they have a cancellation, and do not book a flight yet.

3) Book medical in Toronto, fly into Toronto, wait 5 days, fly/rail to Montreal for August 14th. 

I'm sorry you're having scheduling issues. There is good train service from Montreal -- you can get to Toronto very easily, although it would be an all-day trip. I personally love taking the train, and it looks like you can currently get a one-way ticket from Toronto to Montreal for as low as $58 (www.via.ca). I personally can't make the decision for you, but I would probably consider the Toronto/Montreal rail option if I were you. Note that the train can end up delayed, so definitely head to Montreal at least the day before your interview.

Edited by jle2234

8 hours ago, K&Kir said:

Anyone know the turnaround time to get passport back? How does my spouse fly without a passport (that the embassy will have)?

I'm not sure if this applies to the consulate in Canada, but when i was waiting for my interview in Sydney, I heard a few people who had visa's approved, but told the consular officer that they needed their passports the next day to fly somewhere. The consular officer told them to take their passports back with them, and mail it into the Consulate when they were ready to have the Visa put in.

Timeline
5 hours ago, K&Kir said:

Should I ..

I don't like option 1 as flight prices will go up. Considering the cost of a hostel (assuming feasible), I don't think option 3 is needed. Just my two cents. 

Edited by Toronto88

Timeline

@K&Kir 

I wrote a review of my medical check at Medisys like a week ago. I will paste it here.

I had my medical check yesterday at Medisys in Montreal, Canada.

I paid $435 dollars for vision, height, weight, blood pressure check, blood test, urine test, x-ray, doctor's consultation.

While I waited for the first very test (x-ray), I filled out a questionnaire asking my medical history, some basic information about my case (case number, passport number, etc)

It took exactly 2 hours and I was served right on time.

There was no unexpected situation.

Everything went smoothly :)

I brought my vaccination record and submitted to a receptionist at the beginning.

The doctor didn't ask anything about vaccination.

Vaccination part could cost the most if you don't have them updated. *Varicella, MMR, Tdap, flu vaccine(applied only in winter)

One thing that draw my attention was *No one knew about the new system which caused a problem with Packet 4.*

I brought a copy of the email from NVC indicating the interview date.

The receptionist asked me to submit Packet 4 which is not the case for the new system.

I explained her I'm in the new system but she just kept saying that must be in my junk mail.

In a result, I was the first case they've seen with the new system and a person who seems to be a head receptionist let me go through.

Yet, that person also wasn't sure about the letter I brought. 

Anyway, it will take 3-5 days to pickup the result. 

I couldn't choose a doctor in advance. I think we are randomly assigned to a doctor there. The doctor was female, she was very kind and wasn't picky at all.

I had my medical check on Wednesday in the morning and I could pick up the result on Monday morning. If I had did it on Tuesday, I was told I could have picked up the result on Friday. So, it takes 3 business days. 

Staying in Montreal until you get the result & the interview sounds very pricey and also missing work for 10 days sounds almost impossible.

I'm almost sure Medisys has "result delivery service" by mail but if you take the exam on 4th, it is too risky to get it delivered to your house on time. If you can find a cheap transportation (either train or plane), I think it's better to take the exam in July and get the result either delivered in a safe time frame or picked up by yourself on Friday before the interview since the medical centre closes on weekend. 

Lots of people are saying this stage is the most expensive one. 

However, you are almost done!

Medical check, Interview, and visiting Montreal are things that have to be done at some point.

I truly understand your pain but I hope you don't risk any chance to save some $$$.

So if I were you, I would take two trips to Montreal. One for medical check, one for interview. And result is picked up by myself on Friday before the interview (I don't even wanna take a chance to lose my result on the way by Canada post). And minimize missing days from work.

OR

I'll fly to Toronto, get my medical check done since it is almost $150 cheaper than in Montreal (you can spend that money on accommodation or transportation), pick up the result by myself and take Megabus (cost 30-40 dollars/ one way, cheap but takes 6 hours) or Viarail train (more expensive than bus but faster) for the interview. However, since the interview is in the morning, you will have to take bus or train at night on Sunday. 

Good luck and I hope this helps! 

Edited by Min & Mark

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

checking in

I paid both the fees 2 days back. How long did it take for u guys for changing the status from in process to paid? Anybody here with frankfurt consulate?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, mohsaab said:

Our scan Date at NVC is May 14th. How long more until we our interview :(??? 

Did u do ceac uploading method. i thought this method is really faster :( 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, vbjohn said:

Did u do ceac uploading method. i thought this method is really faster :( 

We did mail processing. I just got off the phone and I was told my wife interview date is 08/31/2017. Anyone know how much time between consulate interview and visa issue? I want to buy airplane tickets and get things going!!?

Timeline
On 7/12/2017 at 3:44 PM, K&Kir said:

Hello all,

Should I ..

I know how they don't make it easy for you. I live in Alberta and I had to suck up the 10 days in Montreal. Mind you, Montreal is a very beautiful city, but it is ridiculously expensive! Anyways, I had my interview booked for July 7. I immediately called Medisys to see if I can have an appointment closer to the interview date, they only had an opening for June 29. I called a week before I booked the flight to see if they have a cancellation, but they didn't, I had to fly on June 28 because there are no flights available then for me to fly on the 29th and make it in time for my appointment. I booked an apartment on AirBnB which is close to Medisys and US Consulate which cost me more than 1k.

I did some research on what if I book the medical in Vancouver and fly to Montreal. I also tried booking a flight to Montreal to get my medical done, come back to Alberta then fly back to Montreal the day before my interview. If I took any of those routes, I would only be saving max of $200.00 which to me is not worth the sweat of flying back and forth. 

And it being close to Canada Day, I know I the prices would be higher (flights and accommodation).

One of the biggest thing I think when you get there is to find an apartment or a hotel that has a kitchenette. I went to the grocery store and I cooked my meals so, I did not have to eat out every single day I was there. You know how eating out easily adds up! Also, if you don't mind finding an accommodation farther to downtown Montreal, then just take a bus to where you intend to go which might save you a bit of money. Do some research and play around with your flights and accommodation and see what fits for you. I feel that this part of the journey costs a lot of money, but at the end, it will all be worth it! Goodluck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Koalaem said:

Got an email from my husband's state representative (we requested their help and. Sure glad we did!)  on July 5 saying the NVC sent our AOS and IV fee statement to us June 21st. We never received it. Did anyone not receive something written?

Did everyone have to fill out DS261? Our fees were already unlocked before I had filled it in, but I hadn't specified an agent as far as I recall.

I read in the Wiki it restarts the clock ~30 days if you open it after it's been done already and I don't want to do that!

@Koalaem Tagging you in this forum. Hopefully you'll get more help here as you'll be filing by CEAC upload, not mail processing. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.