JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

Scheduling an interview might take time with Montreal as they're usually slow to respond. I was fortunate to get a response quickly as I mentioned that my wife was pregnant and that they had an opening available. 

NVC usually contacts the embassy and the embassy will get back to them with the first available appointment. 

Thanks for this insight, Finayyy. Was it the embassy or the NVC who you told about your wife? How did you get the message to them?

I have been accepted to a Master's program in the U.S. that begins in August. I am really hoping to get my visa before it starts; otherwise, I will have to push back my start date to January. I'm wondering if I may get a quick appointment based on this.

Thanks again, and congratulations on the pregnancy.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jle2234 said:

Thanks for this insight, Finayyy. Was it the embassy or the NVC who you told about your wife? How did you get the message to them?

I have been accepted to a Master's program in the U.S. that begins in August. I am really hoping to get my visa before it starts; otherwise, I will have to push back my start date to January. I'm wondering if I may get a quick appointment based on this.

Thanks again, and congratulations on the pregnancy.

You are among a few of us too that are looking to be approved and done during the Aug/sept timeline. My wife and I need to be approved mid September in order for things to fall in place for our move down south.

Congratulations on the masters program, that's awesome. Let us know when they contact you, as I will be the next in line that will be awaiting an interview date!  Read Finayy's posts around pages 3,4, and you will see where they are talking about their pregnant wife...if you don't want to wait to hear.

9 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

You are among a few of us too that are looking to be approved and done during the Aug/sept timeline. My wife and I need to be approved mid September in order for things to fall in place for our move down south.

Congratulations on the masters program, that's awesome. Let us know when they contact you, as I will be the next in line that will be awaiting an interview date!  Read Finayy's posts around pages 3,4, and you will see where they are talking about their pregnant wife...if you don't want to wait to hear.

Long story short, my birth certificate was rejected and I uploaded a letter saying I've ordered it and will bring it to the interview and if they could expedite the process as my wife was due in August.  The very next day it was approved and a few days later I got an interview date. 

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

16 hours ago, Toronto88 said:

Wow, that's a long wait time to get an interview date assigned. It seems you were part of the new upload system. Did you try emailing CANVCEDP@state.gov 

As you may know, this email is specifically for folks going through the upload system. Also to answer your question, I don't believe there is a separate thread for June upload filers. Not enough applicants for new system yet it seems to have new threads each month. 

21 hours ago, jle2234 said:

Is there a separate thread for June 2017 upload filers? My Case Complete date was June 22nd. Still waiting on interview date for Montreal Embassy.

I agree-I've searched around and this appears to be the only thread for this new process. My NOA2 was approved a few days ago, and this is the only thread I've found so far.

4 hours ago, Bernard & Colette said:

Hi guys! We are also CEAC system.  Our case completed on 30 June and still no interview date. I call NVC everyday. Today they did tell me that they are currently working on August interview scheduling. So fingers crossed 🤞 

Check your status randomly on the CEAC website. I did forget to mention that I was constantly checking that and it changed to In Transit. When I emailed them, they said that they scheduled it and should be receiving an email later.

Also, I don't think I mentioned this in my review, but they did ask for a photocopy of my wife's US passport. Have that because the lady did mention that normally everyone forgets it. You could say it's for browny points ;)

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

15 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

Update: finally got police clearance, submitted it all for a hopeful case closed soon then on with the interview que like the rest of you! 

Fingers crossed for us all!

If you don't get a response by 4pm, it will be there tomorrow by 11-12pm. That's just from my personal experience. Best of luck!

I got my passport finally (well it's with my mom since she works with the postal service). Now i need to make that payment and pack my bags for this Friday's trip :D

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Finayyy said:

If you don't get a response by 4pm, it will be there tomorrow by 11-12pm. That's just from my personal experience. Best of luck!

I got my passport finally (well it's with my mom since she works with the postal service). Now i need to make that payment and pack my bags for this Friday's trip :D

Golly! Congratulations! A long journey, ending in success! Now it's your time for a new journey! Fantastic!

19 hours ago, K&Kir said:

@Finayyy forgot to ask, how does one fly home after if the embassy keeps your passport?

I believe you can use your drivers license since you're from Canada. I took the bus home since I'm from Toronto

ROC

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

Timeline
15 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

Everybody still waiting for interviews? @Toronto88 @Bernard & Colette @jle2234

I am still waiting. I called NVC today around 4:00 PM Eastern. The gentleman I spoke to originally thought my interview was scheduled, but then couldn't find the date and time. He put me on hold for awhile, then came and said that they must be working on scheduling the interview right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.