smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, bcoakley06 said:

I looked on there website and in cebu it first come first serve everyday.

Screenshot_20170818-173617.png

Are you sure?  They started online scheduling a while ago and at least Manila and Pampanga dont allow walk ins

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

PDOS is for her kids.  CFO is for my fiancee.  I was hoping for the holidays too.  I dont think that is remotely possible now.

Thanks for answering these ?s

Sure ill have more

Scheduling time off at work is a nightmare, but we close for 2 weeks at the holidays, 

That would have been just way to perfect lol

1 minute ago, Brntorun said:

Thanks for answering these ?s

Sure ill have more

Scheduling time off at work is a nightmare, but we close for 2 weeks at the holidays, 

That would have been just way to perfect lol

Your NOA2 should be any day now.  You have a good shot for the holiday.  I hope you make it!!!

I'm going to Manila later this month because this is taking so long.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
27 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

Your NOA2 should be any day now.  You have a good shot for the holiday.  I hope you make it!!!

I'm going to Manila later this month because this is taking so long.

I wish that soon, but the timeline thing shows still 3 weeks away

1 minute ago, Brntorun said:

I wish that soon, but the timeline thing shows still 3 weeks away

WOW!!!  I'm so mentally messed up I thought this was September!!!  Sorry about the confusion.  I hope you get it much sooner than that!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, jwlussow said:

WOW!!!  I'm so mentally messed up I thought this was September!!!  Sorry about the confusion.  I hope you get it much sooner than that!

I hear ya, im on 14 days straight of work and have 10 more before next day off

(If jobs not scheduled before)

1 hour ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Hit the timeline button under your pic....the estimate for NOA2 is there. You guys are one day behind us for NOA1, but the same for estimate of NOA2....9.20 to 9.26....However, it seems to update daily adding a day or two each day. When I started watching the timeline, we had an estimate of 8.24 for NOA2 review. Hang in there!!! it will happen....someday.

Thank you for the info. Each day makes it harder. We are hoping to be done before christmas but also know it may not happen.

1 hour ago, jwlussow said:

Are you sure?  They started online scheduling a while ago and at least Manila and Pampanga dont allow walk ins

Yes it says on the website http://www.cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html if you scroll through the list when you come to cebu city it says no reservation first come first serve basis. My cousins wife is from there told me for them once they get visa they take it there and do the class. She said she got in line about 6 am.

6 hours ago, jwlussow said:

Yes...for us June filers too.  Now I am also concerned about a backlog for CFO seminar appointments.  I have read here (but not confirmed) that is can be 3 to 4 months to get an opening for the CFO!!!!

Just now, bcoakley06 said:

Yes it says on the website http://www.cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html if you scroll through the list when you come to cebu city it says no reservation first come first serve basis. My cousins wife is from there told me for them once they get visa they take it there and do the class. She said she got in line about 6 am.

Yes you are correct.  I just read through the whole thing again.  My future asawa is from Manila so she is stuck waiting for an appointment that can't be made until after she gets her visa!

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, jwlussow said:

Yes you are correct.  I just read through the whole thing again.  My future asawa is from Manila so she is stuck waiting for an appointment that can't be made until after she gets her visa!

I am not sure but is it possible for her to fly to Cebu? Its about 2 hr flight and tickets are about 50 dollars round trip. Its just a thought but maybe speed it up. I wish you all the best luck.

Edited by bcoakley06

14 minutes ago, bcoakley06 said:

I am not sure but is it possible for her to fly to Cebu? Its about 2 hr flight and tickets are about 50 dollars round trip. Its just a thought but maybe speed it up. I wish you all the best luck.

That is an excellent idea. I will have to see when her appointment is after she gets her visa. Flying her and the kids there will be well worth it if I can save a few weeks or months. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

47 minutes ago, jwlussow said:

That is an excellent idea. I will have to see when her appointment is after she gets her visa. Flying her and the kids there will be well worth it if I can save a few weeks or months. 

I am happy to try and help. Each days we wait is a day closer to the nut house lol. I hate for something like that to keep you all apart.

Timeline
4 hours ago, bcoakley06 said:

awesome. thanks for this info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.