7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was 21, I'm 38 now.

Bar fight = defended my self against 2 guys,

used a knife, arrested for Agg Assult Ded Weap,

FBI Wrap Sheet says (Agg Assult w/ Bdly Injry)  

Poor legal representation, couldn't afford a self defense case.

Settled for lessor charge (Unlwfl carr. a wpn)

Served Probation= Staying out of trouble ever since.

I have 1 DWI 2006, dismissed, lessor charge, served probation.

1 DWI pending 06/2017

So that's the background meat and potato's. I'm filing the K1 my fiance in the Philippines,

I don't think this fall under any crimes under moral turpitude or any under IMBRA but should I disclose and attach a Letter of Explanation of the (AggAsslt) arrest, attach Court Documents, FBI Wrap Sheet. I'm waiting on the police report they have a back log of 30 days. I will be sending the 12/23/2016 I-129F version form before June 2017. But wanted to know should I send with or without my background info? Disclose or not to disclose?

Thanks in advance VJ Community.    

Edited by LeoCost

Filed: Country:
Timeline

uscis will get your info either way. but you must tell your fiance about everything. they will be asked about all of it at the interviewand they must know everything.  this is to protect the intending immigrant from harm.  it is in your best interest to be up front and honest with uscis and tell them everything.

how do you have a dui pending from two months from now?

good luck

Timeline

@f f

need to edit that date- I haven't gone to court for it yet. So in reality no conviction on that last DUI. So sending what I have (explanation and supporting documents of the offense)along with the initial I-129f should be sent? 

Timeline

@Cruise77

I noticed that on the updated I-129f form but I will be attempting to send the one before that one, they are accepting the older form until 6-2017. But I would have to say yes to that question. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
3 hours ago, LeoCost said:

@Cruise77

I noticed that on the updated I-129f form but I will be attempting to send the one before that one, they are accepting the older form until 6-2017. But I would have to say yes to that question. 

Up to you but I'm with f f on this one.  Better to disclose because you will most likely be questioned on this, especially since it's asked on the new form. 

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.