Matisyahu

May 2017 AOS Filers

2,315 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am self-employed and I am falling behind the adjusted gross income. So I am planning to add my assets. How much should be the difference for married couples? As far as from my understanding, for example, if my adjusted gross income $13,000, and I am falling behind $8,000 poverty guidelines,  $8000 x 3= $24,000. I should have $24,000 in my bank account. Is that right? I just want to make sure if I am on the page.  If I have $13,000 adjusted gross income (line 37) and have $24,000 cash in my bank account would I be okay?

"In order to qualify based on the value of your assets, the total value of your assets must equal at least five times the difference between your total household income and the current Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household size. However, if you are a U.S. citizen and you are sponsoring your spouse or child age 18 years of age or older, the total value of your assets must only be equal to at least three times the difference."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/26/2018 at 8:51 PM, YoungJ said:

A lot

of people are getting good news this month, you are the third person I saw report that they have an interview scheduled. Congrats 

Hey, did you guys receive an email or an update to ur sponsors i130 stating a document was mailed out to you?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To everyone that received an interview date, did you guys receive any update to the i130 too? I received an update to my email stating that my document was mailed to me and in the email it said card production.

Dallas office is finally making progress. I just had my interview scheduled. Waiting on letter to find out the date. I'm abroad in 4 weeks time, hoping it's after I get back from that!

1 hour ago, SacredBruce said:

Dallas office is finally making progress. I just had my interview scheduled. Waiting on letter to find out the date. I'm abroad in 4 weeks time, hoping it's after I get back from that!

Really?! We just had our wedding and got back. Nothing here yet though. We did have an RFE in June of last year for my tax return  which updated online on June 29th so not sure if that changed our date from May to June or not.

With our renewed EAD we were really hoping to skip the 2-year waiting period and just let them delay our interview until June. Of course, will be happy with a green card but waiting 15+ months just to start that 24-month clock over again kind of sucks. :(

Did it update online? If so which site? Know there were 2 which I checked occasionally that had close to but some different information.

59 minutes ago, oguzksk said:

You might cancel your trip. Usually uscis sends the notice 4 weeks before the interview. 

Can't - business.

I'll reschedule if i need to once i find out the date.

26 minutes ago, Wiz_Fit said:

Did it update online? If so which site? Know there were 2 which I checked occasionally that had close to but some different information.

Yeah had a text this morning, it updated on the old original site. The new site still hasn't updated.

5 minutes ago, SacredBruce said:

Can't - business.

I'll reschedule if i need to once i find out the date.

Yeah had a text this morning, it updated on the old original site. The new site still hasn't updated.

Awesome!! Congrats man! Great news. Let's go Dallas office!

The old site is just the USCIS.com, right?

2 minutes ago, Wiz_Fit said:

Awesome!! Congrats man! Great news. Let's go Dallas office!

The old site is just the USCIS.com, right?

Yep, this URL: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
21 hours ago, SacredBruce said:

Interview 19th November.

Getting another medical booked up for next week to take with me too 

May be you don’t need new medical read this article (scroll down where it says about medical filled before November 1 2018) https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html

57 minutes ago, Jeilvi said:

May be you don’t need new medical read this article (scroll down where it says about medical filled before November 1 2018) https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter4.html

Great info! I wasn't aware of this.

Based on the tables of surgeon signature and filed dates mine should be valid for 2 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.