moments12

Infopass for I-551 Stamp

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm about to get an I-551 stamp on my passport as my one-year extension letter is drawing close and will be traveling quite a bit in the next few months. Can anyone advice on what to bring besides the appointment letter, NOA letter, passport, expired green card? Would I get the stamp on the day of the appointment or are there conditions tied to it?

4 hours ago, moments12 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm about to get an I-551 stamp on my passport as my one-year extension letter is drawing close and will be traveling quite a bit in the next few months. Can anyone advice on what to bring besides the appointment letter, NOA letter, passport, expired green card? Would I get the stamp on the day of the appointment or are there conditions tied to it?

Exactly what you said  walk with your state OF ..thats it.. (info pass appt, expired Green card, NOA letter and passport)

That's exactly what I took and they gave me a stamp on the spot.

2013 7/15 I-129F sent, 7/18 received Dallas lockbox, 7/22 NOA1, 10/22 NOA2, 11/15 NVC Case Created, 11/20 NVC Shipped, 11/25 Consulate received, 11/28 Packet 3 received/returned, 11/29 Medical, 12/9 Packet 4 received

2014 1/9 Interview - Approved, 1/15 CEAC - Issued, 1/17 Visa in hand, 2/5 POE: LAX, 4/4 Married!, 4/8 AOS/EAD/AP filed, 4/14 NOA1, 5/7 Walk-in biometrics, 5/19 EAD/AP approved (expedited), 5/22 EAD/AP mailed, 5/23 EAD/AP received, 7/29 Interview waiver letter

2015 4/13 AOS approved (no interview), 4/22 Green card received

2017 1/17 I-751 ROC filed (VSC), 1/23 NOA, 2/28 Biometrics

2018 1/31 ROC approved

2020 1/14 N400 filed

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

How far in advance of the extension letter's expiration did you go in? Wondering if we can go in two or three months before the letter's expiration to cover travel that will overlap the expiration date.

Removal of Conditions:

2016-09-27: I-751 removal of conditions petition sent (with fee waiver request)

2016-09-30: I-751 petition delivered to California Service Center

2016-11-01: Informed in USCIS customer service call that they had no record of receiving our petition, but that it might still be languishing somewhere in fee waiver limbo

2016-11-01: Filed I-751 again, this time with payment check instead of fee waiver request (sent Priority Express)

2016-11-03: Date on I-797 Notice of Action (received 11/7)

2016-11-09: USCIS mailed out denial of our original fee waiver request, with denial letter dated 2016-11-02

2016-11-19: Biometrics appointment notice issued, for 2016-12-07 appointment

2016-11-26: Second biometrics appointment notice issue, for 2016-12-16 appointment (see this thread)

2016-12-07: Biometrics appointment. Allowed to complete biometrics despite mix-up on their end (again see this thread), but some people had to come back for second appointment date.

2018-05-01: Notice that our case was transferred to National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit, MO

2018-06-11: Approved after N-400 interview in Portland, OR (they seemed to be waiting for that before bothering with it)

Citizenship:

2017-12-11: N-400 Application for Naturalization submitted online while still waiting to hear back on I-751, received same day

2017-12-15: Biometrics notice

2018-01-04: Biometrics completed, on appointment date (Portland, OR)

2018-02-28: Interview scheduled for April 12 in Portland, OR

2018-03-01 (approximate): We sent in a letter requesting that the interview be rescheduled to after June 8, due to combination of work and family travel plans

2018-03-07: Notice that our April 12 interviewed had been "canceled" (pending rescheduling, but the letter didn't actually say that; officer at InfoPass later explained that interviews aren't scheduled until five or six weeks before the interview date, so they were waiting until closer to our requested rescheduling window)

2018-05-03: New interview scheduled for June 11.

2018-06-11: Citizenship interview - approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 4/21/2017 at 10:35 AM, moments12 said:

Hi everyone,

You can try and see if they will issue that.

I would like to hear people's stories as well. My state's DMV issued my wife's driver license with an expiration date one year from the I-797 NoA receipt date, not from the green card. After escalating the issue, they said they checked with USCIS and the system reports her residency as through the NoA receipt date plus one year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.