Case Completed! :)

47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My job is basically a desk and data entry job. Im getting so depressed over this Ive thought about taking down all my husbands pictures down from work and home. Just to stop me from thinking about him anymore. LOL my newest hobby is this forum and learning about visas so I may have chosen the wrong hobby!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hang in there Jenn, I know it is not easy road and I guess I am studying the visas, the AR and AP to be informed so that I am not totally in the dark with this crazy journey.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Thanks mianishqsrose Im irritated by all this stuff anymore. And I cant take how long its been since I even seen my husband last. I want to call the NVC but then i dont incase its true they are done scheduling. I just dont believe the one who talked to me her attuide. And it was only 02/04/06 said they were done early I dont know if I believe them. Visajourney helps alot I know more about visas now then I ever thought I would.

Timeline

Jenn,

I know that a friend on here had her case was at Casa and they do the schedules at the NVC. It did take her a few months. I think the average is 3 - 4 months from completion. My husband's embassy schedules their own and we had to wait 6 months for interview. So hopefully you will not have that long to wait. It is very frustrating and just try and take it all one day at a time. And please call me Mary.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Mary Thanks what type of visa was she getting? Cause I know some other people who did the CR-1 visa for Morocco. And they only waited a month at the most and ive seen some timelines on here where it looked like it was just one month also. The one operator even told me to call back since my case was completed in January Ill be on the list. So I dont know but I dont believe that operator the attuide she gave me. But I dont want to call back and get my hopes up for nothing. Thanks for your help and being there.

Timeline

She did the CR1 and I want to say her wait was three or four months. Just call back to the NVC and inquire on date often. I remember she had to continually call them and she was ahead of me in the processing. I was waiting on an interview and had to find out who scheduled for Pakistan. Since her husband arrived they moved and she is not coming online now or I would ask her.

Timeline

Mary Thanks I have been calling them about once or twice a week and emailing them quite a bit. I dont like calling them cause of their attuides they are not very nice many of them there. I know the waits can be long but from just what I seen on timelines and other people that I know. I was expecting a month wait or longer since my case was completed in later January. I was told I should get a interview date even cause it was old my completion date. Ive only heard of K visa people complianing of interview dates cause the consular schedules them and they take their lovely time. Do you have your interview date yet? I want to post more but I cant Im at work!

Timeline

Jenn,

We had our interview date on 12/12/05. We are on AP/AR and had field investigation. I call weekly to DOS for an update on Wednesdays. Again today was told no updates on our file since the date of interview. So just taking it one day at a time is all I can do.

Timeline

Mary,

I just called the NVC and got the nice JACK guy again the helpful one (same one as before). He said they will finish scheduling interviews at the end of next week. If thats true then they really only dont schedule interviews but for one week of the month. Before the other girl said they were already done scheduling interviews on the 4th. What do you mean your case has a field investigation? I hope you get this done soon so you can be together sooner!

Timeline

Jenn I am not sure of how many times they schedule for interviews. Yes, my husband went and CO said we were fine just needed more processing on our case. Well I kept calling DOS and no updates. Then in January he was at work and his brother called and said the embassy was at his home wanting to see him. He showed them our wedding photos, and they called family, friends and asked of the wedding, and went to visit his one sister at her home as well. Man from embassy was at his home one hour then at sisters home for some time too. He said he has a stack of files every week from the embassy to go and field investigate and the next week he takes his findings back to the embassy for their review. Our 45 days will be up this week but embassy is closed until Monday. I will email them again.

BTW I was widowed in my 30s with two small kids. We had evidence of first emails from Sept 2003 until present, chats and bills in joint names and CO never really looked at evidence. I think they already have decided on cases before hand or they are so backlogged they do not bother with investigations until after interviews. Shon had field investigation as well and a few others from the Islamabad thread.

March interview dates were released last night on the Manila Embassy Internet site.

My wife was assigned a March date for her IR-1 interview. Her case was completed on 1 Sep 05.

I called the NVC last week and was told that March scheduling would not begin until this week and would not be posted until next week.

I work for the Federal government and I am used to the typical attitudes of, and misinformation provided by, such employees. :yes:

If you think you waited a long time for the immigration process, how about one YEAR to get I-130 approval (and then just add another year for the interview)!

IR-1/IR-2 approval on 9 March 2006 / Visas delivered 21 March 2006

I think the waiting time for "case complete" to "interview schedule" may vary among different consulates, depending on the volume of applicants from that particular country (Philippines has one of the heaviest, I suppose).

Edited by classic

TIMELINE (Married 9 yrs)

Aug 18, 2005 - Mailed I-130 (wife & kids') to VSC

Aug 29, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-130's received

Sep 13, 2005 - I-130's approved, petition forwarded to NVC

Oct 10, 2005 - I-864 Bill received by agent

Oct 12, 2005 - Paid I-864 Bill by Postal Money Order-$70 for whole family

Dec 17, 2005- checklist for I-864 received, reply sent back & entered into system on Dec 22.

Oct 20, 2005 - Alien spouse received DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) documents

Oct 24,2005 - DS-3032 sent to NVC (fr Phils)

Nov 17, 2005 - IV Fee Bill paid by Money Order & sent

Jan 3, 2006 - Mailed DS-230 to NVC

Jan 4, 2006 - DS-230 entered into system

Jan 12, 2006 - CASE COMPLETED, and still waiting!!!

Aug 3, 2006- schedule of interview at US Embassy-Manila. Won't be showing up.

K3/K4

Aug 30, 2005 - Mailed I-129F to Chicago(wife's)

Sep 10, 2005 - NOA-1 for I-129F

Oct 19, 2005 - I-129F Approved (email notice), received mail Oct. 28

Nov 2, 2005- Received K3 approval notice

Mar 24, 2006 - K3 interview

Apr 4, 2006 - Visas in hand

May 8, 2006 - arrived in America

AOS

August 2006 - mailed I-485 forms

September 2006 - Biometrics done

December 2006 - Interview; Green Card received by mail a week later

2007: Applied for kids' certificate of citizenship, got the certificates in June & passports in August 2007

Timeline

My case that was completed on Jan 30th is shipped to Delhi Consulate on Feb 8th and now it is at DHL. :dance:

I can't wait to get the int date and go visit my husband after a year long... wanna accopmany him at his interview. Will they allow me in with him?

love u all good people here. May god bless us all and all teh best to all of us in here.

IR1 , I-130

Interview at New Delhi Embassy on April 11th

AP/AR Started on April 24th

AP/AR Completed at DOS on May 19th.

Embassy Completd Case on June 7th.

Visa issued on June 8th

Visa in Hand on June 10th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.