rubya

Questions running through my mind [merged threads]

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, rubya said:

it was not speeding ticket. It is ROC 4507.5 DRIVING by permit license, but it dismissed after giving me 2 weeks to get valid license. then case dismissed and just paid $100 COURT FEES.  

No worry unless it involves DUI and Drug related crime or Serious Accident . Just bring all documents with you when you get interview and Discuss it to IO

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, philly123 said:

No worry unless it involves DUI and Drug related crime or Serious Accident . Just bring all documents with you when you get interview and Discuss it to IO

THE ORIGINAL CHARGE WAS TOLD BY THE JUDGE: $1000 OR 6 MONTHS IN THE JAIL OR GO AND GET THE VALID LICENSE IN 2 WEEKS , I chose the 3rd option and got it in 4 days ...then case dismissed, and all points dismissed. I have clean record since Jan 2013.

The question is the fine $1000 or $ 100 < $500? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, rubya said:

THE ORIGINAL CHARGE WAS TOLD BY THE JUDGE: $1000 OR 6 MONTHS IN THE JAIL OR GO AND GET THE VALID LICENSE IN 2 WEEKS , I chose the 3rd option and got it in 4 days ...then case dismissed, and all points dismissed. I have clean record since Jan 2013.

The question is the fine $1000 or $ 100 < $500? 

I am not sure wht to do in ur case i suggest in this get attorney's advice.and get the form back and mention it in ur N 400

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, rubya said:

I sent my N-400 yesterday, but just today I found out I sent the wrong one.

I have two copies of N-400 one I answered Q 23 yes coz I had traffic citation 2012, and the other one no coz I printed it before I find out that I have to answer yes to Q23.

I should have to send the one with yes coz  I have been cited. but I sent the one with no accidentally .

What I have to do now ???? Is there a number to call or something to do ???? help

Send the correct one with a note explaining the mistake. They will consider the one you want them to consider. Do not panic.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ado said:

Send the correct one with a note explaining the mistake. They will consider the one you want them to consider. Do not panic.

I dont think its possible because what if check has been cashed and gave you receipt number. it might create confusion

In the interview do I need any proof for places I lived in for two moths with friend till I moved to my apartment. 2012 I spent two months with my friend, and 2014 I spend 3 months with other friend coz I moved to different city till I moved to my apartment. Are they asking for proof ??? 

9 hours ago, inloveVEN said:

what kind of path of visa are you using? any spousal visa?

applying under 5 years,,single never married, no children, applying for citizenship  

Edited by rubya

I also checked NO and did not mention a speeding ticket.  The official N400 instructions says the following.  Let me know if I'm misinterpreting it....

NOTE: You must submit documentation of traffic incidents if:

(1) The incident involved alcohol or drugs;

(2) The incident led to an arrest; or

(3) The incident seriously injured another person.

You do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines or incidents that did not involve an arrest or did not

involve drugs or alcohol, if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 or points on your driving record.

18 hours ago, philly123 said:

I dont think its possible because what if check has been cashed and gave you receipt number. it might create confusion

The check money goes towards your application and the receipt number is tied to your case, you having the same identity on first application as on the 2nd. There is a problem, a mistake, be pro-active, diligent in reaching out to them, so they could help you. Your sincerity will stand you in good stead.

Just now, Ado said:

The check money goes towards your application and the receipt number is tied to your case, you having the same identity on first application as on the 2nd. There is a problem, a mistake, be pro-active, diligent in reaching out to them, so they could help you. Your sincerity will stand you in good stead.

It is a mistake. It is not a fatality. You won't die from this, take it from me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, jj23521 said:

I also checked NO and did not mention a speeding ticket.  The official N400 instructions says the following.  Let me know if I'm misinterpreting it....

NOTE: You must submit documentation of traffic incidents if:

(1) The incident involved alcohol or drugs;

(2) The incident led to an arrest; or

(3) The incident seriously injured another person.

You do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines or incidents that did not involve an arrest or did not

involve drugs or alcohol, if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 or points on your driving record.

You are supposed to mention a citation even if it is a speeding ticket. You just don't need to submit documentation if it's under $500 and doesn't involve an arrest, they cannot deny you for a speeding ticket under $500.

I didn't mention my speeding ticket on the form but I did tell the IO about it at the interview, he was ok with it and brushed it off as my fine was $200. I printed the court documents to prove I had paid the fine but he never asked for them.

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

Guys I stopped the shipment they told I will receive it tomorrow.

And guys if you checked no and you have been cited for even speedy ticket this is a big deal.. Ask me why ? I will tell ..

My  friend checked no and when he went to the interview he asked them to correct it, but the problem they delay his case and gave him Form N-14 request more documents.

It is a big deal you guys have to check yes and send police record for speeding ticket as well as a certified copy of court disposition,,,, see the attach file they gave him a form to bring these two document  ...

13726783_281284668897160_7148333032577393067_n - Copy.jpg

Edited by rubya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.