JessieABC

I-864 Photocopies of Signatures now accepted

34 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cordoba2015 said:

Scans are apparently ok at NVC, but the originals are needed at the interview.

Thanks but even now Affidavit of Support is accepted at the interview as high quality scan/printout. So my logic would be that if the form is accepted, translations should be also accepted. Maybe they have different rules for that...

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 04/04/2017 at 10:24 PM, cordoba2015 said:

Wow, awesome updates coming for NVC. My attorney told me that the ink signature is not required for NVC, but that it is for the interview at the consulate. The wording is confusing, because it makes it sound like you do not need it at the embassy: 

"This improvement will simplify the submission of financial evidence in support of a visa application, and decrease the rate of visas refused only because the required documents were not available at the time of the visa interview."

Hummmm

I am totally confused now ... We sent out last December our NVC package to the joint sponsor in the US. 

The joint-sponsor did complete the joint I-864 and submitted all the package to NVC.

Now I am wondering what to do.

We have electronic copies that I could print out prior to the interview but they are not signed... 

Would it be ok to sign them with fresh ink?

Shall we ask the Joint-Sponsor to do the same and mail the document?

The date would be different with the one used when submitting to NVC.

We though that NVC would mail all the submitted documents at the embassy.

Edited by negmatic
edits

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

The invitation letter that I received states:

All eligible applicants must complete the following tasks before their visa interview. Detailed instructions for

each step are online at nvc.state.gov/interview (English) and nvc.state.gov/interview/Espanol (Spanish):

1. Bring this letter to your medical examination because the panel physician may need to review it before

performing the examination.

2. To determine the proper procedure for your medical appointment, please go to the Department of

State's web site at: nvc.state.gov/interview. Under "Step 2," select your interview location from the

dropdown, click "Download PDF," and follow your Embassy/Consulate's instructions.

3. If a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of Support) AND provided NVC with proof of an IRS Federal

Income Tax Extension in lieu of a Federal Income Tax Return, you must bring the sponsor's most recent

Federal Income Tax Return to the visa interview.

4. You must bring to the interview original versions of all civil documents and certificates submitted to

NVC. You may need to get updated financial documents and police certificates. Failure to present all

necessary documents to the Consular Officer will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the

initial interview.

You can also watch a video at nvc.state.gov/resources. This instructional video is available in eight languages.

I am assuming that I dont need to bring petitioner and joint-sponsor I-864 forms as NVC will send everything to the Embassy.

Edited by negmatic
edits

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.