1,252 posts in this topic

Called NVC this morning and got an IIN! IIRC Texas held our approved I-130 for 5 weeks, and it was just sent to NVC recently. So the NVC scan and IIN did not take long at all. They said it just happened today so give it time to populate, but we're at the next step! Good luck, everyone <3

03/17/2017: Married

04/07/2017: Sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

04/13/2017: Received confirmation text

04/17/2017: Received hardcopy NOA1 (TSC)

Timeline
25 minutes ago, kimfrombabylon said:

Called NVC this morning and got an IIN! IIRC Texas held our approved I-130 for 5 weeks, and it was just sent to NVC recently. So the NVC scan and IIN did not take long at all. They said it just happened today so give it time to populate, but we're at the next step! Good luck, everyone <3

wow thats crazy they held it for that long. hope they have a good reason. its affecting peoples lives doesnt look like they take that seriously. when did you get notice of acceptance? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Didii said:

Hello, my case is approved since 06 June 2017 so I wanted to nkow what's the next step please 

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/7/2017 at 8:01 AM, Mdanish4 said:

Yeah I just hope this is what the case because on alot of forums people saying it is just way of USCIS to hold me send another request. Lol

On 12/7/2017 at 8:17 AM, Mdanish4 said:

Yeah man. I got married in Feb, applied in April. My wife is going crazy. Even NVC now is taking longer. 

My 10th month in the process ... my wife also from pakistan ... iv visited her 4 times in the last 1 year.. 5th will be on the interview ..every part of this process is nerve racking

There are horrible stories of people getting stuck for no reason in AP for months  after the inteview in islamabad

Also i fear pakistan could be added to travel ban - very less likely but u never know

Good luck to all of us hope we all get visa as soon as possible so we can be united with our loved ones

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

My 10th month in the process ... my wife also from pakistan ... iv visited her 4 times in the last 1 year.. 5th will be on the interview ..every part of this process is nerve racking

There are horrible stories of people getting stuck for no reason in AP for months  after the inteview in islamabad

Also i fear pakistan could be added to travel ban - very less likely but u never know

Good luck to all of us hope we all get visa as soon as possible so we can be united with our loved ones

Hoping for good. I see your timeline and your I-30  was approved in 217 days.. For me it has been 237 days so far and nothing..

I heard stories that if you go the interview 2ith your wife you can ask for the same day visa in some cases.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mdanish4 said:

Hoping for good. I see your timeline and your I-30  was approved in 217 days.. For me it has been 237 days so far and nothing..

I heard stories that if you go the interview 2ith your wife you can ask for the same day visa in some cases.. 

I hope so but i think those days r gone 

Did ur change ur wife last name ? 

Good luck man stay strong 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Lazybones18 said:

I hope so but i think those days r gone 

Did ur change ur wife last name ? 

Good luck man stay strong 

No, I did not change her last name. So, all her documents are official but I had her get a new NIC so now my name appears on her NIC under HUSBAND'S NAME. 

Why would you asked? Was I supposed to change her last name? 

Edited by Mdanish4

Timeline
21 hours ago, Didii said:

Hello, my case is approved since 06 June 2017 so I wanted to nkow what's the next step please 

Your case has been approved and its been 6 months

Did you contact the NVC and pay the fees ?

what steps have you taken in the last 6 months ?

if none, you need to contact USCIS or NVC immediately ....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, 2891 said:

Is there any update on May fillers. 😢

Still couple months ,.   They just started march a week ago ,. Still most of March and all April left 

30 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Still couple months ,.   They just started march a week ago ,. Still most of March and all April left 

How many months??? N no update on processing time still Jan 14 😭😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, 2891 said:

How many months??? N no update on processing time still Jan 14 😭😭

Maybe end of January they'll start working on Early May , 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Maybe end of January they'll start working on Early May , 

yeah im april filer and nebraska shows working on mid jan folks. I dont think thats accurate and I THINK they will get to april mid Jan so u guys should be end of jan hopefully....still a LONG wait....

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.