marly_g

I-131 Parole in Place

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

My situation is as follows:

I am married to a Veteran and recently applied for I-130 and I-131.

• I filled for I-130: Potomac Service Center
    • December 21, 2016
  • NOA #1 :
    • 12-26-2016
  • Filed for I-131 PIP: National Benefits Center
    • Mailed: 1-13-2017
    • Received: 1-19-2017
    • Fee Wavied: 2-4-2017
    • Biometrics: 2-17-2017

It's 3-16-2017 today and I am currently still waiting......

Please comment if you are in a similar situation!!

Timeline

No, I was told I needed to get approved for I-131 first in order to proceed. Because I entered U.S. without inspection. Only legal doc that I have is DACA.

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2017 at 8:46 AM, marly_g said:

No, I was told I needed to get approved for I-131 first in order to proceed. Because I entered U.S. without inspection. Only legal doc that I have is DACA.

You're right, you have to wait until your I-131 is approved to get to the next step wich is filing for I-485. From the time I see you filed for PIP to the time you posted this here you should have gotten it by now. Once you get your PIP in hand,  file I-485 as soon as you can, don't let it pass. Once you file for I-485 it'll take about 3 to 4 months till you get your appointment, and maybe another month after that to get your LPR ;) good luck !!

Edited by Regmex38

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

That's terrible! I thought they would only ask for the needed information instead of denying it, hopefully your lawyer sent everything this time.

I know there isn't a lot of forums with our type of case, I've been looking and found yours here and a couple of other ones in a spanish forum.

It feels good to find another person in a similar situation for when we need to vent ;) 

I'm following your post, hopefully next time you'll have your PIP already.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I filed my i 131 PIP on January 25th and it was received on January 27th 2017 at National benefits center

• Fee Wavied: 01-27-2017
  • Biometrics: 2-14-2017

Until today 5/17/2017 I haven't received any answer, I am still waiting.... :(

Hey Marly_G, may you please let me know why your case was denied?, what evidence you needed to include?

What documents or evidence is required to filed a PIP case?

Marly_G I filed my case just a few days after you and I haven't received anything

Any help and info would be appreciate it

Thank You

Timeline

Hello @wilmaro78, really? Oh no! well at least you're not alone. I did bios on March 31 and still waiting too, I'm in L.A. 

There's a facebook page for parole in place, there are more PIP cases there. 

Are you a Military parent or spouse?

Timeline

Hello @wilmaro78

I'll message you the page, it's a closed group but they add you pretty quickly. 

I don't want to post it here because I don't know the rules but every bit of information helps.... sending it now.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:34 PM, Joselyn said:

Hello @wilmaro78

I'll message you the page, it's a closed group but they add you pretty quickly. 

I don't want to post it here because I don't know the rules but every bit of information helps.... sending it now.

Thanks Joselyn

Let me know when you get your approval or any answer, I'll let you know too,

I filed on January and looks like my case is taking too long, I don't know if that is normal

Thank You

Timeline

Yes, of course! We'll be in touch. Hopefully we won't very long, I just found out it's a 4-6 month wait after the bios in L.A.

Join the FB you won't regret it and won't feel as lonely.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi! I'm in the same situation I just applied in may (2017) for PIP went to biometrics June 19th and now I'm waiting for  an  answer I guess , does anybody can give me more info how your case is going I'm so nervous and I have no idea how long more I have to wait, we in NC.

Thank you!

Edited by Mrs. CN
Forgot put the year

Timeline

Hello to all,

Sorry for not replying promptly to all the questions.

*I filed from Georgia with the help of an attorney.

*Unfortunately, it was denied March 17, 2017, because I didn't meet burden of proof. No exact reason why.

*I re-applied March 30th.

**Still Waiting......😐

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.