MajaB

Are there still August 16- Nebraska applicants waiting around?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
43 minutes ago, inloveVEN said:

Hi

we went to the interview on March 24th. i left the office with a letter that the will decide later. And the next mondayi received the good news. "Approved" and when green card arrived i realized that the case was approved the same March 24th.

When we started the process, everybody says that it will take not more than 5 month but last year apparently was delayed because of the change of the process ( all the cases were moved to NBC) and a lot of people asking for their naturalization so this impact at the level that they didnt report any statistics and they promised to start a quality process but the entire process in my case took like 10 month. we called in January and they say that the case is fine.

in which step are you now?

wish you luck

Wow. So you're done! 

Definitely, the process doesn't take 5 months like they say.Maybe for some, but it seems most people I talked to had to wait this year for 7 months minimum...

The wait for me was 8 months and 9 days .

I am at the stage where my file was sent to the DOS. So NVC is next. We are doing the consular processing. Not sure when will this be done. I don't want to put my hopes up for a timeline because I am afraid of getting stressed over it again.

I am glad everything turned out good for you after all.

37 minutes ago, MajaB said:

Wow. So you're done! 

Definitely, the process doesn't take 5 months like they say.Maybe for some, but it seems most people I talked to had to wait this year for 7 months minimum...

The wait for me was 8 months and 9 days .

I am at the stage where my file was sent to the DOS. So NVC is next. We are doing the consular processing. Not sure when will this be done. I don't want to put my hopes up for a timeline because I am afraid of getting stressed over it again.

I am glad everything turned out good for you after all.

Yes i understand, my wife always was celebrating every step but i was always low profile trying not to "over feed" my expectations. I was always with hope but taking it easy.  In the interview, The officer was not rude but not a friendly person. The interview tooks like 15-20 minutes. She was putting like fakes "ugly faces", always grimacing i imagine that this was with the intention of putting us nervous. I was expecting at the end of the interview a something like my GC approved, instead of that she filled a paper telling that she in the moment cannot take a decision.  My wife asked her if it will take long and she said "i answer my cases soon". I didn't know how to take it LOL. My wife was always quiet and full of happiness because they will approve it but i was devastated because i read that it can take years to define a situation and in those days you know what it means to be here with the feeling that you are in the middle of nothing. This next sunday we went to the park, to see a flower exhibition  the next monday it was too hard to go to the work. But suddenly things starting change, first telling me that my case was approved, later my green card was ordered, Your green card was mailed to you. And 2 letters one to my wife and another one to me, Welcoming to USA. 

Well I wish you the best

Keep me posted and "GOOD LUCK"

Edited by inloveVEN

Timeline
21 hours ago, inloveVEN said:

Yes i understand, my wife always was celebrating every step buti was always low profile trying not to "over feed" my expectations. I was always with hope but taking it easy.  In the interview, The officer was not rude but not a friendly person. The interview tooks like 15-20 minutes. She was putting like fakes "ugly faces", always grimacing i imagine that this was with the intention of putting us nervous. I was expecting at the end of the interview a something like my GC approved, instead of that she filled a paper telling that she in the moment cannot take a decision.  My wife asked her if it will take long and she said "i answer my cases soon". I didn't know how to take it LOL. My wife was always quiet and full of happiness because they will approve it but i was devastated because i read that it can take years to define a situation and in those days you know what it means to be here with the feeling that you are in the middle of nothing. This next sunday we went to the park, to see a flower exhibition  the next monday it was too hard to go to the work. But suddenly things starting change, first telling me that my case was approved, later my green card was ordered, Your green card was mailed to you. And 2 letters one to my wife and another one to me, Welcoming to USA. 

Well I wish you the best

Keep me posted and "GOOD LUCK"

Thanks!!

Yeah, I think I will delay any celebration or excitement until I actually see the GC in front of me. 

I'm confused about the SSN. Did you get yours at the same time with the GC?

What I am asking is, does it arrive as a package or does it come separate? 

Edited by MajaB
misspelling

3 hours ago, MajaB said:

Thanks!!

Yeah, I think I will delay any celebration or excitement until I actually see the GC in front of me. 

I'm confused about the SSN. Did you get yours at the same time with the GC?

What I am asking is, does it arrive as a package or does it come separate? 

I needed to apply for it. My applications was inside USA. If you are applying abroad i understand that this arrive to your home.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, inloveVEN said:

I needed to apply for it. My applications was inside USA. If you are applying abroad i understand that this arrive to your home.

Oh I see.  That's why I was confused. Thanks. The more info the better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.