lutz

Case sent back AGAIN to Uscis after Reaffirmation

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, bravagreen said:

For me I think is not convincing what the congressperson told you. You know since the embassy haven't enter your case into their system it will still be reading the last return of the case. Probably they checked and realised the system still says your case is been returned and that is exactly what they will tell the congressperson. Exhale and relax because I am sure your case is not returned. The embassy will not return a case without interview, how about that? This congressmen, uscis,nvc, the embassy and sometimes some of the immigration lawyers can always give you false information. 

But they gave him a definitive date, however the date may have been February of last year when they first sent it back to the USCIS.  Maybe someone just read it quickly, carelessly.   They told him it was sent back February 21st, but |I do know they sent it back the first time in February of 2016.  Well, you've given me some hope.  However, my CEAC update has been updated on March 7th, and it still says that the visa is expiring soon.  I've confused all around.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Praying for you dear. They told me mine was reaffirmed at Uscis then NVC said no wS not gone through there then Accra said no this was 6 months ago. So breathe and pray and go visit. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Jenilyn and Awal said:

Praying for you dear. They told me mine was reaffirmed at Uscis then NVC said no wS not gone through there then Accra said no this was 6 months ago. So breathe and pray and go visit. 

Thank you for your kind words and I wish you the same.  However, for the reaffirmation, you can check that right on the USCIS website.  For mine it was clearly stated that it was reaffirmed.  Then, the NVC said it was sent to Ghana, and even had a supervisor confirm this.  I do think what they told the congressperson's rep was a mistake, as someone pointed out yesterday.  They (at the embassy) probably looked quickly and saw that my husband's case was sent back the first time to USCIS in February 2016.  That was the last update, so they told the rep that.  I don't think they can sent it back without giving him that second interview, there would be no new reason, since they haven't even spoken to him.  At this point, We are going to wait patiently for word from the embassy.

Timeline
7 hours ago, lutz said:

Thank you for your kind words and I wish you the same.  However, for the reaffirmation, you can check that right on the USCIS website.  For mine it was clearly stated that it was reaffirmed.  Then, the NVC said it was sent to Ghana, and even had a supervisor confirm this.  I do think what they told the congressperson's rep was a mistake, as someone pointed out yesterday.  They (at the embassy) probably looked quickly and saw that my husband's case was sent back the first time to USCIS in February 2016.  That was the last update, so they told the rep that.  I don't think they can sent it back without giving him that second interview, there would be no new reason, since they haven't even spoken to him.  At this point, We are going to wait patiently for word from the embassy.

That's good to know. You are totally right. They do make mistakes sometimes. You have to press them to look harder. After I had called NVC to confirm our case was back, I called 2 weeks later to be informed that that it was sent to the embassy in Oct 2016..smh.. I was asking about 2017 update. When I pressed that I had been told that it was at NVC, then she checked again and confirmed it was at NVC.

So I'm glad it was returned like you had been informed.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
17 hours ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

That's good to know. You are totally right. They do make mistakes sometimes. You have to press them to look harder. After I had called NVC to confirm our case was back, I called 2 weeks later to be informed that that it was sent to the embassy in Oct 2016..smh.. I was asking about 2017 update. When I pressed that I had been told that it was at NVC, then she checked again and confirmed it was at NVC.

So I'm glad it was returned like you had been informed.

So your case was reaffirmed too or not yet? Because NVC does not reaffirm cases , their job is to send cases back to the Embassies/ Consulates abroad. So what is the current status of your case.?

Timeline
On 3/11/2017 at 7:42 AM, nyala62 said:

So your case was reaffirmed too or not yet? Because NVC does not reaffirm cases , their job is to send cases back to the Embassies/ Consulates abroad. So what is the current status of your case.?

Not yet.. it just got back from Ghana. It is now at USCIS. I was talking about how sometimes the customer service rep at the agencies make mistakes and give wrong information.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
1 hour ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Not yet.. it just got back from Ghana. It is now at USCIS. I was talking about how sometimes the customer service rep at the agencies make mistakes and give wrong information.

Yes You are 100% right. They just tell us anything without verification. And they confuse us more. We pray that you also have your case reaffirmed and get out of this stressful journey. We are still here doesn't know where our cases are....

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/13/2017 at 10:45 AM, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Yes You are 100% right. They just tell us anything without verification. And they confuse us more. We pray that you also have your case reaffirmed and get out of this stressful journey. We are still here doesn't know where our cases are....

We are still waiting folks. I called NVC today and the answer was conflicting. First the lady said our case was sent to Ghana in December 2016. when I pressed her more to recheck she then said sorry it's under review (Administrative Processing). Then she said we just have to wait from the NVC or from the embassy. I'm still going to be calling NVC every 2,3 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.