HAN34

Medical Exam before interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hello everyone, my medical exam will be on 15th March. I have no contagious disease or anything bad for life. but I have allergy about food. For example, I'm okay if I'm cooking the food in my home. I mean I shouldn't eat anything like snack or I shouldn't drink anything except water.. There are allergy wounds in my body. Because it's so hard that make food every single day in home. it's not contagious or it's not affecting my life. I didn't think this until now because now I'm thinking it will be a problem for them. Also my blood tests pretty normal. I mean nothing different in my blood. Just when they will look my lungs and I will have to take my clothes out, they will see that I have wounds on my body. Do you think it's a problem for me to take clear medical exam.? What should I do?

Please advise and thank you!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I do not have a solid information but I do not think that allergies is something they would care much about. At my exam they only asked if I had any and what food I was allergic to but they were not interested on how severe it was.

At the medical exams they want to check if you are not spreading anything contiguous and if you are not going to become a burden to the USA social care due to your 'health disabilities'. Again this is something they told me but I have no written links or docs to back it up. Either way, my advice is that, you should be honest about the facts with medical examiner and only give exact information you will be asked about. It is often good approach and avoids any potential misunderstandings to be formed. No extra details/stories is needed if they do not ask you for it, especially if you worry about it. 

Try not to worry too much (I know is easier said than done) as you cannot change anything and you need to go through the exam. My exam was quite good, thought it was weird process/to be there, everyone was nice and helpful, hope all will go well for you too. Goodluck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi, I also don't know anything specific, but you said something about looking at your lungs. Is there any chance that the X ray will show something in your lungs that can be mistaken for tuberculosis? Just to be extra safe, I would suggest getting a doctor's note saying that your wounds and such come from the food allergy, if you can. Otherwise, I think you just gotta be honest and hope that if the doctor is suspicious he will just order further tests instead of just deciding you are unfit to immigrate. Overall if the doctor is qualified, I think you'll be ok.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.