doggieandsam

NBI Clearance for K1 / Fingerprinting in Dubai but processing in Cebu City, Philippines

19 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

First off, i want to say thank you to everybody for all your invaluable advise here on visajourney. My name is Degie and my bf and I are recent k1-filers. I am based in Dubai but is originally from Cebu City, Philippines.

Based on previous posts i saw on here, i know that i can get the NBI clearance without physically going home to the Philippines ie i can get the forms from the Philippine Consulate here in Dubai and get my fingerprints taken by Dubai Police and then together with an SPA, i can send all of these to NBI's main office in Manila, which will then issue the NBI clearance.

However, I have not been able to find any information online IF the Cebu City NBI office can do the same thing? Or is this service only possible in Manila? I was just wondering if anybody around has had any experience with getting their NBI clearance from Cebu City? If so, it would be great to hear from you and learn how you did it.

Thanks a lot!

Degie

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

• 5 months later...

HI!. How did you obtain your NBI clearance while you're in dubai? I came from the the Visayas region too..

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

NBI in cebu can process your NBI clearance..I processed my k1 in UAE and I obtain my NBI clearance in my hometown 

you just need a family member to represent you.

You can process with any branch. I would only use a larger location like Cebu or Manila just for the piece of mind that a larger location can give especially Manila since they house all the records. Just my opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

9 hours ago, hardrockangel said:

NBI in cebu can process your NBI clearance..I processed my k1 in UAE and I obtain my NBI clearance in my hometown 

you just need a family member to represent you.

where is your hometown? in my case, the cebu office did not accept it. the cebu office told me they do not process NBI clearances in absentia and asked me to send my form directly to the "Mailed Clearance" section at the NBI Main Office in Manila. so i got my clearance that way. or if you live closed to manila, then you can send your nbi clearance form and a Special Power of Attorney naming the person who will process the NBI for you. Your person then brings the SPA and the NBI form to the Manila office and then the office will issue the clearance.

if you are going to be physically present in the Philippines and getting your clearance yourself, then you can go to any nbi field office anywhere in the country and they can issue it to you from there.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

On 8/27/2017 at 2:08 PM, Xie_xong said:

HI!. How did you obtain your NBI clearance while you're in dubai? I came from the the Visayas region too..

will you be able to go home to the Philippines just to get it personally or not?

your 

11 minutes ago, iamdegie said:

will you be able to go home to the Philippines just to get it personally or not?

unfortunately NO..i will be processing all my requirements while I'm here in UAE

event.png

On 8/29/2017 at 11:08 AM, Xie_xong said:

unfortunately NO..i will be processing all my requirements while I'm here in UAE

hi there, sorry for the delayed reply. since you will be processing your nbi clearance without personally going to the philippines yourself, then you can follow these steps. these are the steps i did when i got mine. caveat: the below can be your guide, but i will still urge you to check with the Philippine consulate just to confirm the latest procedures.

1) Go to the philippine consulate and collect a blank NBI form

2) Process your SPA while you are there. SPA will be released after 5 working days. Cost is AED 100 + AED 15 as courier fee

3) Fill out the form

3) You need to get your fingerprints captured into the form. bring form together with AED 220 and one 2x2" photo to the CID Office / Dubai Police Headquarters (next to Al Qiyadah metro station) for this. your form with fingerprints plus the Dubai Police seal will be ready for collection after 2 hours. CID / Dubai Police opens early (7AM).

4) Submit the completed form back to the Philippine consulate (they need to so some authentication / processing for it). It will be released after 3 working days. Cost is AED 100 + AED 15 as courier fee.

**No, you cannot club the SPA and NBI form courier fee...consulate policy is one courier transaction per document hence the separate courier fees required. SPA and NBI clearance form processing is only up to 3.30pm so plan accordingly.

5) Once you have received the SPA and NBI form, send it to your representative in the Visayas. I used DHL from Dubai to Cebu and the cost was no more than AED 100 and the packet got there in 3 working days.
6) While your SPA and NBI form is in transit, log-in to the NBI clearance website at https://www.nbi-clearance.com/ - create your account, request for the service you require (ie nbi clearance issuance), get your reference number and book your appointment location (ie NBI office) center, date and time. 

7) Get somebody to go to any bayad center (the nbi website will tell you which ones they are) and pay the nbi clearance fee. Cost PHP 140. The bayad center will ask you for the reference number when paying so note it and send it to whoever is paying for you.

8a) You did not say exactly where in the Visayas you are from. I know in Cebu they will not process it (contrary to what the Philippine consulate says). Check with your province's NBI office, maybe they will allow it. If they do, then good. You can then have your rep bring your SPA and NBI form to the NBI service center on the date and time you selected in step 6. If no hits on your name, then your rep can collect your clearance within a week (this is an estimate for a provincial NBI office, in Manila the clearance is ready for collection the next day). A bit longer if there is one.

8b) If your provincial NBI office will not process your NBI clearance in absentia (like mine with the Cebu office) then you need to courier your NBI form, SPA (not sure if the SPA is still required here but i sent mine anyway just in case) , printout of your appointment confirmation and reference number from step 6, payment receipt from step 7, and a note containing your full address and contract number in the UAE to the Mailed Clearance section of the NBI Main Office in Manila. I used LBC for this. Tell LBC you need a return service - this means you pay for two courier trips (1st for Visayas to Manila and 2nd is the return envelope for Manila to Visayas) and in your packet they will include a return envelope. Once the Mailed Clearance section has issued your clearance, they will use the return envelope to send your clearance back to your rep. The LBC charge for return service from Cebu to Manila and back to Cebu was PHP 300. Processing time for mine was one week. My sister sent the courier on a Monday, it got to Manila on Weds, the clearance was issued on Thurs and my sister received the clearance back in Cebu the following Monday.

**If you can find out for sure if your provincial office cannot issue your NBI clearance for you, then you can maybe consider sending your NBI form directly from here to the Mailed Clearance section in Manila (bypassing your rep in the Visayas). Just a thought so you can maybe do away with the extra courier charges to the Visayas and also save time. But I cannot vouch for this method because I have not tried it myself.

6) Your rep then couriers the clearance to you in Dubai.

Hope this helps.

your 

6 hours ago, iamdegie said:

hi there, sorry for the delayed reply. since you will be processing your nbi clearance without personally going to the philippines yourself, then you can follow these steps. these are the steps i did when i got mine. caveat: the below can be your guide, but i will still urge you to check with the Philippine consulate just to confirm the latest procedures.

1) Go to the philippine consulate and collect a blank NBI form

2) Process your SPA while you are there. SPA will be released after 5 working days. Cost is AED 100 + AED 15 as courier fee

3) Fill out the form

3) You need to get your fingerprints captured into the form. bring form together with AED 220 and one 2x2" photo to the CID Office / Dubai Police Headquarters (next to Al Qiyadah metro station) for this. your form with fingerprints plus the Dubai Police seal will be ready for collection after 2 hours. CID / Dubai Police opens early (7AM).

4) Submit the completed form back to the Philippine consulate (they need to so some authentication / processing for it). It will be released after 3 working days. Cost is AED 100 + AED 15 as courier fee.

**No, you cannot club the SPA and NBI form courier fee...consulate policy is one courier transaction per document hence the separate courier fees required. SPA and NBI clearance form processing is only up to 3.30pm so plan accordingly.

5) Once you have received the SPA and NBI form, send it to your representative in the Visayas. I used DHL from Dubai to Cebu and the cost was no more than AED 100 and the packet got there in 3 working days.
6) While your SPA and NBI form is in transit, log-in to the NBI clearance website at https://www.nbi-clearance.com/ - create your account, request for the service you require (ie nbi clearance issuance), get your reference number and book your appointment location (ie NBI office) center, date and time. 

7) Get somebody to go to any bayad center (the nbi website will tell you which ones they are) and pay the nbi clearance fee. Cost PHP 140. The bayad center will ask you for the reference number when paying so note it and send it to whoever is paying for you.

8a) You did not say exactly where in the Visayas you are from. I know in Cebu they will not process it (contrary to what the Philippine consulate says). Check with your province's NBI office, maybe they will allow it. If they do, then good. You can then have your rep bring your SPA and NBI form to the NBI service center on the date and time you selected in step 6. If no hits on your name, then your rep can collect your clearance within a week (this is an estimate for a provincial NBI office, in Manila the clearance is ready for collection the next day). A bit longer if there is one.

8b) If your provincial NBI office will not process your NBI clearance in absentia (like mine with the Cebu office) then you need to courier your NBI form, SPA (not sure if the SPA is still required here but i sent mine anyway just in case) , printout of your appointment confirmation and reference number from step 6, payment receipt from step 7, and a note containing your full address and contract number in the UAE to the Mailed Clearance section of the NBI Main Office in Manila. I used LBC for this. Tell LBC you need a return service - this means you pay for two courier trips (1st for Visayas to Manila and 2nd is the return envelope for Manila to Visayas) and in your packet they will include a return envelope. Once the Mailed Clearance section has issued your clearance, they will use the return envelope to send your clearance back to your rep. The LBC charge for return service from Cebu to Manila and back to Cebu was PHP 300. Processing time for mine was one week. My sister sent the courier on a Monday, it got to Manila on Weds, the clearance was issued on Thurs and my sister received the clearance back in Cebu the following Monday.

**If you can find out for sure if your provincial office cannot issue your NBI clearance for you, then you can maybe consider sending your NBI form directly from here to the Mailed Clearance section in Manila (bypassing your rep in the Visayas). Just a thought so you can maybe do away with the extra courier charges to the Visayas and also save time. But I cannot vouch for this method because I have not tried it myself.

6) Your rep then couriers the clearance to you in Dubai.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much @iamdegie for a detailed reply..much appreciated...I was raised in Isabel Leyte but during my college days we moved to Bohol. Will need to check with the NBI office in Bohol if they will allow such cases..One friend of mine from Davao just had a representative and was able to obtain the NBI clearance from the said office. It's weird why these 2 regional offices (Davao and Cebu) have different rules.

event.png

11 hours ago, Xie_xong said:

Thank you so much @iamdegie for a detailed reply..much appreciated...I was raised in Isabel Leyte but during my college days we moved to Bohol. Will need to check with the NBI office in Bohol if they will allow such cases..One friend of mine from Davao just had a representative and was able to obtain the NBI clearance from the said office. It's weird why these 2 regional offices (Davao and Cebu) have different rules.

you're welcome.  when i was processing mine, i also knew somebody who processed in cagayan de oro directly so i thought cebu would since it is obviously a regional center but turns out it doesn't. don't know why. yeah better check first if the bohol office will allow it -if they do, then much better. good luck with the process. =)

your 

1 hour ago, iamdegie said:

you're welcome.  when i was processing mine, i also knew somebody who processed in cagayan de oro directly so i thought cebu would since it is obviously a regional center but turns out it doesn't. don't know why. yeah better check first if the bohol office will allow it -if they do, then much better. good luck with the process. =)

UPDATE: NBI BOHOL will not allow such cases as well T.T. I have read online that I can process it by sending the fingerprint packet directly to Mailed Clearance Section. However, I haven't read any feedbacks from others who have done this process. To be on the safe side, will use your experience as a guide. Thank you so much @iamdegie I'm soo lost and I am so glad I found this forum. Got no close friends to guide me throught the process. This is a lot stressful than taking my NCLEX exam. THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3 

Edited by Xie_xong

event.png

1 hour ago, Xie_xong said:

UPDATE: NBI BOHOL will not allow such cases as well T.T. I have read online that I can process it by sending the fingerprint packet directly to Mailed Clearance Section. However, I haven't read any feedbacks from others who have done this process. To be on the safe side, will use your experience as a guide. Thank you so much @iamdegie I'm soo lost and I am so glad I found this forum. Got no close friends to guide me throught the process. This is a lot stressful than taking my NCLEX exam. THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3 

no problem, best of luck! =)

your 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know how old the NBI clearance should be when you present it to the USEM? I know it is 1 year valid but does USEM UAE accept a year old NBI clearance? or 6 months or 3 months old would be better?

event.png

Hi there. 

Lots of conflicting advise out here on this. My opinion is that, since we are not residing in the phils, as long as your nbi clearance is still valid (ie less than a year) and you havent been home since you got it then it is good. But you will find some strong opinions from other people here on vj insisting that it should be 6 months or less at the time of interview (which in my opinion again is ok only if you are residing in the phils when a fresher one is better). 

during my interview at the us embassy in abu dhabi - an applicant had a police clearance that is only one day expired (it was also valid for one year) and i heard the consul tell him that since the document is aready expired, then he has to get a new one. He was not told as far i remember thag his police clearance has to be a certain number of months fresh.

So there - up to you which way you are most comfortable following i guess.

your 

• 1 month later...

Hi @iamdegie i did already the fingerprinting for my NBI. i am just waiting for the consulate to mail it to me. I just have few questions: 

1. When you did the online appointment, which office did you book your appointment? Manila? Or your regional NBI office?

2. Does the date of the appointment should match the date that the packet will arrive at the Mailed Clearance Section of NBI?

3. Did you use this address: 

Ms. Sandra P. Sobida

Mailed Clearance Section

3rd  Floor, NBI Clearance Bldg.,

UN Avenue, Ermita, Manila, Philippines?

TIA

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.