reach449

NO TOUCHES AT ALL.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just wandering....So how often do we get touches? Is it normal for someone not to get any touches at all? I haven't had a touch since 03/12/07, which I think was the same day CSC received my application. I notice some people get touches quite often. So what does everyone think? At least I know they have my petition, but maybe they have just not done anything with it yet???? I am not really worried, just curious is all.

Thanks people.

reach449

SAO'S AND RANDY'S TIMELINES:

K-1

03/05/07-NAO1

06/03/07-NOA2

08/06/07-INTERVIEW>>PASSED INTERVIEW!!

08/21/07-POE LAX!!!

09/24/07-Wedding

AOS:

10/29/07-All, (three) NOA1's received in the mail!

11/20/07-Biometric's Appointment/Complied with..no problems

12/18/07-NOA for interview appointment...02/12/08

01/04/08-Recieved EAD card and AP in the US mail!

02/12/08-AOS APPROVED AT INTERVIEW; CARD ORDERED

02/28/08-Green Card arrived in mail.

Removal of Conditions:

11/12/09-Mailed I-751 package

11/23/09-NOA 1

01/21/10-USCIS confirms no Biometrics

02/16/10-Card Production ordered

02/27/10-Green Card arrived!

N-400 Naturalization Citizenship:

12/12/2014-N-400 Package received by Lewisville Lockbox

12/18/2014-I-797C NOA received in mail; sent in old version of N-400

01/02/2014-USCIS Lewisville Received Package

01/06/2014-Checked Cashed

01/12/2014-Email from USCIS Receipt of Package

02/03/15-Biometrics Completed

02/04/15-USCIS notice of scheduling Interview

02/24/15-Interview scheduled for 03/31/2015

03/31/2015-Interview>Went Very well!

04/28/2015-OATH

My advice.... try not to expect any touches and you won't be disappointed. Our petition hasn't been "touched" in 140 days.

CSC Received I-129f 11/9/06

NOA1 - 11/16/06

NOA2 - 5/11/07

Arrived NVC - 5/29/07

Left NVC - 5/31/07

Arrived Vancouver Consulate - 6/7/07

^^ :yes:

I got one touch a week after my NOA1, then didn't get a single touch for the rest of the 128 days I was at CSC - until the date of my NOA2.

In fact, the lack of a touch until NOA2 may be a GOOD thing. Likely then no RFE!

Also we know that the system isn't perfect either. There are people who got their NOA2 but never had an update on the site at all.

SA4userbar.jpg

My advice.... try not to expect any touches and you won't be disappointed. Our petition hasn't been "touched" in 140 days.

Very good advice (but ouch, jlcross, 140 days?! Hope you hear something soon!).... we, like a lot of people, got no touches at all until right before we were approved - I mean, a few hours before. Lots of people don't get touched at all. I think it's really not that common (or at least, wasn't common among people on here a few months back when we were waiting for our NOA2) for touches to be a regular occurrence - it seemed much more common for there to be no change whatsoever for AT LEAST 10 weeks (this is for anyone going through CSC, obviously this doesn't apply to VSC!), then a touch or two followed by either approval, or an RFE. For the rest of that time, your case is just sitting there waiting for them to get to it - it's not going to get touched until they're ready to work on it, and that's not going to happen until somewhere around day 80 or thereabouts! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Just wandering....So how often do we get touches? Is it normal for someone not to get any touches at all? I haven't had a touch since 03/12/07, which I think was the same day CSC received my application. I notice some people get touches quite often. So what does everyone think? At least I know they have my petition, but maybe they have just not done anything with it yet???? I am not really worried, just curious is all.

Thanks people.

reach449

There are often a coupe of touches inthe beginning and then again right before approval. I know a lackof touches makes you think they have lost your file behind the filing cabinet! BUT don't worry. You can get an approval without seeing any touches. Sometimes it just comes in the mail!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Thanks people.

reach449

There are often a coupe of touches inthe beginning and then again right before approval. I know a lackof touches makes you think they have lost your file behind the filing cabinet! BUT don't worry. You can get an approval without seeing any touches. Sometimes it just comes in the mail!

really? what about this, I was touched wed and thurs, but no noa2 yet. Think its possible they wouldn't update the online part, and I could get the NOA2 in the mail before I ever see it online?

Thanks people.

reach449

really? what about this, I was touched wed and thurs, but no noa2 yet. Think its possible they wouldn't update the online part, and I could get the NOA2 in the mail before I ever see it online?

Yes, that is very possible. It happened to a few Nov filers if I recall.

SA4userbar.jpg

Thanks people.

reach449

My NOA2 was approved in NOV. I had two touches over two days and nothing. Everyone on VJ with the same NOA2 date were getting touches and the email approval. I had no change in status. A week later I called CSC using the prompts to get to the RFE line. (Someone on VJ posted this was a way directly to CSC rather than the operators who can access and see what you see).

CSC told me I was was approved on the same date that the original touches had been. (approx 89 days after filing) and for some reason my NOA2 was never sent out. They issued me a new one. The good news is my petition had already arrived at NVC and was heading out to the consulate so we lost no time even though the NOA2 was never sent.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Thanks people.

reach449

My NOA2 was approved in NOV. I had two touches over two days and nothing. Everyone on VJ with the same NOA2 date were getting touches and the email approval. I had no change in status. A week later I called CSC using the prompts to get to the RFE line. (Someone on VJ posted this was a way directly to CSC rather than the operators who can access and see what you see).

CSC told me I was was approved on the same date that the original touches had been. (approx 89 days after filing) and for some reason my NOA2 was never sent out. They issued me a new one. The good news is my petition had already arrived at NVC and was heading out to the consulate so we lost no time even though the NOA2 was never sent.

Another question. Usually when you get a RFE is that reflected online after the touches?

IF they update the status correctly, I believe an RFE would show online by telling you they'd sent you a request for further evidence (instead of 'pending').

SA4userbar.jpg

The only time that we got touched was probably when they entered our case in their system and then nothing at all until we received the NOA2. We got touched again the day after our approval date, maybe when they sent our case to NVC...

Relax... not being touched can be good or bad... You have to be confident and positive especially when you think your packet was done orderly and everything's there... :thumbs:

Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This just happened to us.

1/3/07 K-1 to TSC

1/16/07 NOA1 from CSC

4/2 - 4/3/07 touches

No change of status online, no approval email

4/7/07 NOA 2 shows up in the mail

4/2/07 NOA2

4/27/07 NVC In

5/2/07 NVC Out

6/27/07 P3

Timeline

This just happened to us.

Thanks! good to hear that, hoping I get mail on monday! Let's hope vermont does the same sometimes. I'm thinking that sometimes they scan the file, send it off, then forget to update the database for the status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.