NatiNat85

I601A Approved Whats Next?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My husband just got his approval for the I601A. I was wondering if anybody knows what is the process time after its approved in order to go for the Interview (Dominican Republic)? And approximately what is the timeline from when the case is approved thru USCIS until we get an Interview date.

I am under the impression that we have to do all the medical examinations in the Dominican Republic and also wait for his stamped Passport before we can travel back to the United States. 

If anybody has filed for I601A from the Dominican Republic recently and has successfully came back I would appreciate any information. (costs, time frame, etc)

Thank You.

10 hours ago, Mia-2017 said:

Quick question, how long did it tool your husband to be approved?

I'm currently waiting for my I601A to be approved since it was filed in Dec 2016.

Thanks for sharing with us.

My husband  applied back in April 2016. We finally got a response Jan 2017 for more evidence, we sent out the requested evidence (before the 30 days - express mail) and they received it Feb 10th 2017 and on Feb 15th 2017 the waiver got approved. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a timeline of what is currently ongoing with my husband and I.

2006: husband came here illegally from Mexico

Jan 22 2016: Got married

Feb 22 2016: I 130 sent

June 9 2016: approved

Nov 22 2016: i 601 a sent

Dec 23 2016: biometrics done

March 24 2017: I 601 a approved

i would suggest you getting a lawyer. A good one! I have an appointment with a lawyer this upcoming week to find out what are next steps are.

From what I've read over the past years reading all these forums is that your information should be as clear and as precise as possibe. Anything that is incorrect can delay the process. I am assuming that is why it has gone smoothly for us. 

Congrats on the approval! Just today, I got a call from our lawyer's office that my husband's I-601A was approved. I-601A was received 12/12/16, biometrics appointment on 01/20/17, and I'm not sure yet what the actual date was for the approval, but it was probably within the last week, I'll update my timeline once I get the actual notice of approval for him. The paralegal said that the next step is to send in the affidavit of support and apply for the visa, she said the National Visa Center has about a two month waiting list, so she calculates that in about 4 months, he would be going to Guatemala for his interview at the US embassy. She also said that the letter advising when the interview would be, is typically sent 4 to 6 weeks prior to the actual interview (meanwhile, a friend of a friend said that he received notice of his interview date just 2 weeks prior to the actual interview).

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 3/25/2017 at 11:38 PM, Jennyv said:

Here is a timeline of what is currently ongoing with my husband and I.

2006: husband came here illegally from Mexico

Jan 22 2016: Got married

Feb 22 2016: I 130 sent

June 9 2016: approved

Nov 22 2016: i 601 a sent

Dec 23 2016: biometrics done

March 24 2017: I 601 a approved

i would suggest you getting a lawyer. A good one! I have an appointment with a lawyer this upcoming week to find out what are next steps are.

From what I've read over the past years reading all these forums is that your information should be as clear and as precise as possibe. Anything that is incorrect can delay the process. I am assuming that is why it has gone smoothly for us. 

did you have your interview schedule? my sister and her husband are in the same boat, biometrics appointment was today so I guess approval will be within 3 months?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

any updates on how long after i601a aproval will be the consulate appointment any help will be greatly appreciate 

Edited by prhcaab

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2017 at 3:25 PM, NatiNat85 said:

Hello,

My husband just got his approval for the I601A. I was wondering if anybody knows what is the process time after its approved in order to go for the Interview (Dominican Republic)? And approximately what is the timeline from when the case is approved thru USCIS until we get an Interview date.

I am under the impression that we have to do all the medical examinations in the Dominican Republic and also wait for his stamped Passport before we can travel back to the United States. 

If anybody has filed for I601A from the Dominican Republic recently and has successfully came back I would appreciate any information. (costs, time frame, etc)

Thank You.

Is their anyway we could text or email? My husband and I are in the same situation. I would love to hear from you.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi there we sent our i601a back in October 16th 2017 it is now Nov 06, 2017 and we have not received a receipt for it just an email from NVC saying USCIS let them know we applied for ptovisional waiver i601a. how long it took for your receipt i797 to be received by mail after mailing it out, did not hire an attorney and also we requested for expedite processing.

Just got our I-130 approved. Time to start preparing our I-601A. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We do have an attorney, but we like to be ahead of things.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/6/2017 at 2:54 PM, jv0814 said:

hi there we sent our i601a back in October 16th 2017 it is now Nov 06, 2017 and we have not received a receipt for it just an email from NVC saying USCIS let them know we applied for ptovisional waiver i601a. how long it took for your receipt i797 to be received by mail after mailing it out, did not hire an attorney and also we requested for expedite processing.

They received ours August 4 and we got I160A approval on November 17. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.