kaze

Looking to bring my Fiance over, help needed

6 posts in this topic

Timeline

So I met my fiance in hong kong 6 years ago and I decided to move back to the US to get a job and settle down first. Been a little rough and I just want to move her over here since its been nearly a year apart.

She currently has a b1/b2 visa because she came earlier to go to my brother's graduation (2014), spend a christmas (2015) over here as well to visit my parents, and recently came over in october 2016 to visit as well.

What I want to know is it possible to come over to the USA on a b1/b2 visa with prior visits since 2014 get married in the US, do an AOS and apply for greencard and then EAD at the same time?

I know the obvious safe route is doing the k1 fiance visa, but that seems to take around 6months to process? and I was hoping to have her come over in May.

Also if she were able to come over in May would it be possible to do the Medical Examinations here in the USA?

Thanks very much!

What you're planning is a visa fraud and can cause you and fiancee a looot of issues with the immigration and the law.

Do the K1. You're an adult - you can survive few months apart.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Roel said:

What you're planning is a visa fraud and can cause you and fiancee a looot of issues with the immigration and the law.

Do the K1. You're an adult - you can survive few months apart.

I was also planning on going to HK in May to move her over. What if we got our marriage certificate/license while I was over there during that time.

Would we then be able to come to the USA on her B1 visa and file for AOS and green card? Would a marriage license from HK work to file for those, does this also bypass needing a K1 since we are already married?

NO.

If you get married abroad, you have do the SPOUSE VISA. CR1. 

Coming on the tourist visa with any intent to Aos is a fraud. Big chance your wife/fiancee wouldn't even be allowed to enter the US in this case.

Do not try to play the system. You won't bypass anything. Especially with the current administration, do you really want to risk it? Worst case scenario, you can risk a ban.

edit: file for k1 now and she'd probably get her visa around summer time. Trying to cheat the system will only make things worse for you.

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Roel said:

NO.

If you get married abroad, you have do the SPOUSE VISA. CR1. 

Coming on the tourist visa with any intent to Aos is a fraud. Big chance your wife/fiancee wouldn't even be allowed to enter the US in this case.

Do not try to play the system. You won't bypass anything. Especially with the current administration, do you really want to risk it? Worst case scenario, you can risk a ban.

alright thanks. i just honestly started looking into this and really have no idea. thanks for the info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.